Track and Field 2020-2021

122,171 Views | 1155 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by taylorswift13
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The concerns are valid and I'm sure Henry and McCraven agree, but it should be noted Casares was running injured, which is why he didn't race the last two meets and didn't go to the lead pack like he usually does. So hopefully a healthier him and Bishop coming back can contribute to a loaded loaded Men's team on the track.
taylorswift13
AG
To cheer us up after the xc meet, let us be reminded for track we will have, Dixon, Deadmon, and Walton returning who can all go 44 and Orange around 45! That 4x400 collegiate record will be ours! Those 3 can place individually as well, along with superstar freshman Allon Clay! Pole Vaulter Grad transfer Sean Clarke! 3 javelin guys who can get points at nationals, we didn't get to see a 4x100 last year but one with Jace Comick, Lance Broome, Ryan Martin, Emmanuel Yeboah and/or Jamal Walton (or evening Devon Achane) could score some points at a national level. If we can get a couple points from some jumpers that would really solidify us as national contenders and here's to hoping Pat Henry pulls a trick up his sleeve and brings in another contributor this upcoming signing period that is eligible for the spring!

The girls will obviously have Mu can easily win the 800 nationally, along with Tyra Gittens, who could win the hep nationally, and place top 5/6 in high jump! And Deborah Acquah who could win both jumps or go 1/3 and the other jumpers Ciynamon, international athlete Lamara Distin, Kentucky transfer Smith, Lajarvia will add some points, a 4x400 of Mu, Richardson, Robinson-Jones, and Madabuike or Laila Owens or Jaevin Reed can lead the nation! The girls might even have a better chance than the men at finals!! It's going to be a great and amazing track season folks! Stay tuned!
triniaggie
AG
I totally agree with all the sentiments echoed thus far and indeed it has been a disappointed performance by the cross country team. We need a team with depth so if one person is injured we can count on others to fill the gap. This is what good teams do since injury happens all the time. I know it was sad to see even very poor cross country teams like LSU and Georgia doing so much better than us. I think over the next couple of years we will certainly see some thrust to getting a better cross country team. I thought though we had a great opportunity several years ago to continue to build a team while and after Henry Lelei was here. We had great momentum with that team but since then we only produce a few individuals that went to nationals.
I certainly see the coaches have been actively recruiting in weak areas over the years so much so that we have been doing pretty well in jumps and I expect the same in throws having recruiting the top javelin throwers in the country. We now need a couple of persons in the shot, discuss, and hammer/weight throw department who can give us additional scoring potential. We have a freshman this year in Luke Barrett out of state of Florida who can help in hammer and weight throw department. His PB is 62.53m in the hammer and 20.7m in the weight throw.
Yes I agree with many of the senior coming back we should do very well but they only eligible for outdoors and not indoors.
We got a commitment from Mpoke Moitalel out of South Plains College. He has a wide range of events. I think he might join the team in Spring and would be a great addition
PB
400m - 46.32
800m - 150.72
400mH - 51.11
Attributed with a world record in the 600y - 106.93

Our 2021 recruiting has been good so far with getting commitment from several top athletes. As mentioned we have top 800m runner Bailey Goggans and we recently got a commitment from Katelyn Fairchild out of Kansas who has been touted by Milesplit as the top returning throws recruit. She has 47plus metres PB in the javelin and can also throw the discus and shot put.
TRM
AG
Can't believe it's been 8 years since Natosha Rogers was the nationals runner-up in the 10K seems just like yesterday.
MidTnAg
AG
Explain to me how the following new changes will effect our T&F program: I assume this will be much better for the athletes.

https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-track-and-field/scholarship-standards

"The NCAA D1 Council adopted legislation that loosened regulation regarding need-based aid and academic scholarships that are not tied to athletic ability. Beginning August 1, 2020, track and field programs will not have any athletes' need- and academic-based aid count against the mandated maximum athletic scholarship limit. Prior to this rule change, athletes had to meet certain criteria for their additional aid to not be counted against a team's athletic scholarship limit.

Track and field teams will still have a maximum athletic scholarship cap, but student-athletes can seek to add as much need-based aid and academic scholarships as they qualify for. With school and family budgets being impacted by the coronavirus, this rule change should allow track and field programs that have the funds to extend more money to families and athletes that need itespecially at pricier private colleges."

Scholarship limits are apparently still 18 for women and 12.6 for men.
Look Out Below
AG
It means if certain athletes got non-athletic scholarships under certain categories, that non-athletic aid would also count against the athletic aid cap for the team.

Some athletes have had to forgo certain non-athletic scholarship dollars in order to be on athletic teams because it would count against that team's limit and put them over.
aggierun
In a "normal" year (THIS YEAR HAS BEEN ANYTHING BUT NORMAL) we would be one month out of the Reveille Invitational and looking forward to getting the indoor season underway. I just looked at TCU's track and field website and they have that meet scheduled in for Dec. 9. Does anyone know if A&M is "hoping" to have a meet that weekend or are things just too much" up in the air?" THANK YOU
tk for tu juan
At least the Men's team has not been cut like Clemson.
triniaggie
AG

The indoor track schedule has been posted.
The season starts with Maroon/White intrasquad meet next Friday 11th December.

https://12thman.com/sports/mens-track-and-field/schedule

aggierun
Seems like the indoor track schedule was only up for about one day! Guess things just keep changing! Anyone know the status of this weekends "practice" meet?
aggierun
Indoor schedule again back up on website! No mention of this weekends "practice meet"
taylorswift13
AG
https://12thman.com/sports/mens-track-and-field/schedule/2020-21 Here's a link to the indoor schedule!
taylorswift13
AG
I'll try to post social media updates from the team for results in their intrasquad scrimmage, electing this to be a fun and competitive rust buster! Nonetheless great to see our Ags on the track again!!
aggierun
Any marks or results from the Maroon/ White practice meet would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
triniaggie
AG
Tyra Gittens posted on social media that she cleared 1.90m in the high jump on her first attempt which is her indoor PB and school record.
I haven't seen any results posted anywhere. Obviously records were broken so I don't know why it so hard to post an article giving an account of the meet, results and some videos. Let's wait and see.

taylorswift13
AG
That was a great jump! Even after she suffered a minor injury earlier in the fall but didn't seem to be a factor! Logan Freeman went over 16'8 which is a huge vault for him.

The track social media team failed to post any results during or after! Probably trying to keep their times secretive which I'll respect! But the enthusiasm from the team seems off the charts, gonna be a great year for our Ags!
taylorswift13
AG
Here are some pics from the meet
Look Out Below
AG
That is a HUGE jump. Would win NCAA's most years!
EagleLM
Was greatly disappointed that two men's track team members kneeled during the national anthem at the Aggie intrasquad track meet Friday night. Didn't think that was going to happen.
taylorswift13
AG
EagleLM said:

Was greatly disappointed that two men's track team members kneeled during the national anthem at the Aggie intrasquad track meet Friday night. Didn't think that was going to happen.
As long as they PR I'm good
EagleLM
You've maybe never known anyone who died serving their country in the military?
triniaggie
AG

https://instagr.am/p/CItWwYfgU7V

Instagram Link of Tyra Gittens 1.90m in the high Jump at the Intrasquad meet
taylorswift13
AG
triniaggie said:

https://instagr.am/p/CItWwYfgU7V

Instagram Link of Tyra Gittens 1.90m in the high Jump at the Intrasquad meet
Tyra is looming good, she's gonna take the country by storm and be up for the Bowerman!
Look Out Below
AG
She's not going to be the only one on our team up for that! We've got some stone-cold killers on the ladies team.
tk for tu juan
taylorswift13
AG
Elite thrower Bryce Foster signs to play football and throw for Texas A&M. Has PB's at 65'03.05 in the shot and 198-0.05 in the discus. This guys will be points for us!
triniaggie
AG
Hurdler Thomas Burns transferred to FSU
aggierun
It appears that FSU is attempting to be in hurdle events what the Ags have been to the men's 800 and the 4X4...DOMINANT
taylorswift13
AG
aggierun said:

It appears that FSU is attempting to be in hurdle events what the Ags have been to the men's 800 and the 4X4...DOMINANT
and good thing we took their last hurdle coach who began that in Coach Hon
triniaggie
AG
Jamal Walton is no longer on the roster
taylorswift13
AG
triniaggie said:

Jamal Walton is no longer on the roster
oh no this is a huge loss, but I would bet he might be training for the olympics
triniaggie
AG
Higher jumper Mason Farley is also not on the roster. There may be other athletes off the team as well because of COVID, Olympics training and Transfers
EKUAg
AG
Devon Achane is planning on running track. 20.46 best 200 time.
Maroon and White always! EKU/TAMU
triniaggie
AG
Big time transfer on the woman side Annie fuller from Michigan State.
Would also boost the distance medley relay chances with Athing Mu, Dominque Mustin and Charokee Young.

The women track team is looking great for both indoors and outdoors

Annie Fuller (Ludington, Michigan/Michigan State)
Personal Bests
800m 2:08.72
1500m 4:17.18
Mile 4:35.63
3000m 9:21.30
taylorswift13
AG
Here's a link to the 12th man article... this is HUGE signup to add to an already dominant woman's team... POINTS EVERYWHERE

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.