*****Tiger*****

106,402 Views | 1147 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
watty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On the down side, well... the clip above. Times four.

On the plus side, he hit it OB on the first hole, flubbed four chips and missed the green on a couple others (IIRC), working in some new swing thoughts, and still shot 77 despite the fact that yesterday's pro-am was the first 18 he had walked since August and obviously the first competitive round since a re-hab break. You can take positives from his day.
aggiebrother33
cbssports has a gif. of all 4...ug-ly
ORAggieFan
Link? Didn't see it at cbssports.com.
aggiebrother33
http://mweb.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/24866451/tiger-woods-flubbed-four-chips-at-the-hero-world-challeng?v=1&vc=1
AgDotCom
Seriously, how does a Top 20 in the world golfer fat four shots like that? I realize most shots around the greens at this course are tight lies into the grain but he has played this course hundreds of times over what....10 years? Especially the move where he de-celed and tried to scoop the shot? Pros don't make those kind of moves on the ball....guys like us do.

He's only been practicing about a month but he has almost a full facility in his back yard. Still...boggles the mind.
Deluxe
AG
I think Tiger has always been a proponent of making his short game swings an extension of his long game swings. Obviously it's hard to excuse shots THAT bad, but I'd imagine it's going to take a little time to get used to his new posture, plane and angle of attack around the green.
aggiebrother33
That is what makes this game so great, it can take a CEO of a major company and now even the best player in the world and make them look silly(humbling sport). He seriously has some demons about his swing, hopefully he gets it figured out because he is good for golf.
watty
AG
He'll get it figured out. I think Deluxe is right in his assessment.
tommeehawk7
The short game swing has almost nothing to do with the long game swing . Grips are different , stance , hand movement , it's all different.
watty
AG
They're different but Tiger has talked about one being an extension of the other. When he went to Foley, he changed his short game technique to fit with his full swing. It's a factor.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Agreed, watty. It definitely is a factor. I remember him having to adapt on almost ALL facets of the game when he went to Foley from Haney.

I wish he had stayed with Haney.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Too prideful to stay with Haney and just pissed away 5 years in the process.
watty
AG
Tiger starts his day with a 3 wood down the middle stiffs his wedge to 5 feet and makes birdie. Then on #2 gets up and down from bunker. Much better start.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Wish I didn't have all these meetings this afternoon.
Aggie1391
Stupid espn blog won't load. I'll be relying on this thread for updates
tommeehawk7
Spieth , McIlroy , Fowler , Matsuyama , Stenson , Hoerschell , Scott , the torch has been passed , Tiger has the yips and he ain't getting that torch back.
watty
AG
Tiger playing much better so far. Four straight pars including an up and down with a good chip (!). Drove into the water on #7 though (par 5), needs to get up and down for par.
bdgol07
AG
Any place to watch online?
Aggie1391
Reed is -8 thru 10 for the day
watty
AG
Tiger finally got something going. Eagle birdie par birdie, -4 on his last 4 holes, -4 on the day.
The D
AG
His swing looks better. More natural without trying to force a certain move
Chipotlemonger
AG
Try twitter.... @GCTigerTracker sometime. It's the best for those really up to the second updates.
watty
AG
Man... Hank Haney does not like Sean Foley.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Man... Hank Haney does not like Sean Foley.

I'm convinced Hank Haney doesn't like anyone but Hank Haney.
watty
AG
Haha perhaps.
tommeehawk7
AG_07 , I don't think Hank Haney even likes Hank Haney , his voice drives him nuts. Tiger should go back to Butch , but butch knows he's a nerd , doesn't need the pub anymore and would probably tell Tiger to go **** himself.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm not a big Haney fan, but he got it done with Tiger. I wouldn't think much of Foley either if I were him. Took the greatest player in the world and got diddly squat jack **** done with him.
Aggie1391
Tiger ***** up another chip on 18
Chipotlemonger
AG
Haney has earned as much cred as Butch and has the right to talk any trash he wants to towards Foley.
1208HawkTree
AG
quote:
http://mweb.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/24866451/tiger-woods-flubbed-four-chips-at-the-hero-world-challeng?v=1&vc=1

"Total decel." #WDH
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Tiger is AMAZING.
watty
AG
Tiger not the only one chunking chips. Jimmy Walker just chunked 2 in a row before succeeding on his 3rd try. Very tight lies into very difficult grain.

Tiger looking pretty good today despite being sick (threw up on the first hole, sweating and running a fever).
bdgol07
AG
Tiger has blown chips and blown chunks this tourney

I still pull for the guy though....golf is more fun when he is in contention. No one else is close to being as polarizing
Born N Bred Ag
AG
I think if tiger can stay healthy he will win a major this year. Yes he's rusty right now but his swing already looks better then under Foley. It's a lot more natural then with Foley I felt like he thought way too much before his swing now he looks like he gets up there and rips it like he used to
AgDotCom
Chunk #6, ball traveled 3 ft maybe. The last two have been off fluffy lies.

Agree that turf conditions are affecting other players also.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.