*****Tiger*****

106,452 Views | 1147 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nicklaus is still the GOAT, no question. Being the great for part of a career doesn't make one the GOAT. The full career doesn't sum up to what Nicklaus did. Period.
C ROC N
Tiger who? Whose Tiger? Oh, Tiger Brokeback, Tiger Doahoe, Tiger Cheatalot, Tiger Nottajack, Dang Tired about talking about Tiger!
Chipotlemonger
AG
It baffles me how much some of y'all get off to cheering against Tiger.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Fascinating article...
quote:
One thing that really pissed me off was how he would flippantly toss a club in the general direction of the bag, expecting me to go over and pick it up. I felt uneasy about bending down to pick up his discarded club it was like I was his slave.
Dude, you're his ****ing caddie!!! He's paying you a ****ton of money to fetch his freaking clubs!!!
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Fascinating article...
quote:
One thing that really pissed me off was how he would flippantly toss a club in the general direction of the bag, expecting me to go over and pick it up. I felt uneasy about bending down to pick up his discarded club it was like I was his slave.
Dude, you're his ****ing caddie!!! He's paying you a ****ton of money to fetch his freaking clubs!!!

What a whiny baby, I see pros do this all the damn time!
AgPrognosticator
AG
quote:
Fascinating article...
quote:
I'm as big of a Tiger supporter as most folks on this board, BUT contrast Tiger's treatment of his caddie to Spieth's.

Spieth goes above and beyond to make it known that he and his caddie are a team. They work together to put together the best round possible.

If I played golf for a living, I would do everything possible to keep my caddie on the same page and working as a team. There is ONE guy in the entire world that can help you score better. Why treat him like a hand-servant?
Corporal Punishment
AG
Like any employee he should be treated with respect...

But a caddie complaining about having to lean over to pick up a club off of the ground? Inserting such a trivial gripe minimizes all of the other, far more valid complaints.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Like any employee he should be treated with respect...

But a caddie complaining about having to lean over to pick up a club off of the ground? Inserting such a trivial gripe minimizes all of the other, far more valid complaints.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea that would be like an accountant complaining that his boss made him crunch numbers like a Slave. That's your ****ing job. Quit complaining about that or get a new job.
El Mero Guero
Pretty disrespectful of Tiger. It's never fun being disrespected, but I wouldn't compare it to being a slave. Typical Tiger though. Total diva.
El Mero Guero
quote:
Yea that would be like an accountant complaining that his boss made him crunch numbers like a Slave. That's your ****ing job. Quit complaining about that or get a new job.

Eh it be more like an accountant complaining that his boss throws **** on his desk, acts like a pr*ck and treats him like crap.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:

Eh it be more like an accountant complaining that his boss throws **** on his desk, acts like a pr*ck and treats him like crap.
tiger fan all your life huh???
LeFraud
Tiger named a vice captain for 2016 Ryder cup along with stricker and furyk to assist dl3.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Such a weird couple months!
mavsfan4ever
AG
quote:
In reply to mavsfan4ever
Quote:

No. The caddie's job is literally to pick up clubs and put them in the bag. He is complaining about what he is paid to do. Now, if tiger is constantly cussing him out, that's one thing. But the quote had him complaining about having to pickup discarded clubs.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Saw Blackjack is now open for play. Get to wear jeans while you play a round. not earth shattering news but found that interesting.
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
quote:
In reply to mavsfan4ever
Quote:

No. The caddie's job is literally to pick up clubs and put them in the bag. He is complaining about what he is paid to do. Now, if tiger is constantly cussing him out, that's one thing. But the quote had him complaining about having to pickup discarded clubs.
You hafta be able to read between the lines. His complaint was about Tiger's "treatment" of him and his attitude toward him. So many on this thread are being obtuse about this, and taking Steve's complaints literally rather than understanding the nuances and implications of Tiger's body language and other verbal and non-verbal communication that revealed his lack of consideration or borderline contempt/disrespect.
watty
AG
It's ok and understandable to complain about the treatment he received while doing the job. But even using the word slave at all was stupid. Slaves don't get paid millions of dollars. Should Tiger have been more respectful to his caddie? Yes. Should his caddie still be thankful that he got paid a ridiculous amount of money to do what he did? Yes.
BoerneGator
AG
Of course he should be grateful, and it's difficult to feel much sympathy for him, but no amount of money will prevent the development of animus when one feels disrespected, thus the "slave" comment. It was hyperbole, to be sure, but it communicated a reality that many of us could see in Tiger's body language over his career. One had to be almost blind, or a ***** themselves not to see it, IMO.
jj9000
AG
***yawn***

Another person who made millions off of an athlete writing outlandish comments to sell a book.

Didn't Haney reveal how disrespected he felt when he wasn't offered a Popsicle...in a book...that he profited from?

BTW...Stevie could have quit at any point in time if he felt so disrespected. He's a good enough caddie that he could have easily looped for another Tour player.

However, he chose to ride the gravy train.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
BTW...Stevie could have quit at any point in time if he felt so disrespected. He's a good enough caddie that he could have easily looped for another Tour player.

Some logic on the thread. It only took us 1,000 posts
Cavender Neutze
AG
Was out there this morning. They've got seven holes open for play at the moment. I'll have a story out on it soon, but it has an extremely laid back/warm atmosphere.
1208HawkTree
AG
I think the problem is that most players consider their caddies friends, also. Of course, they have a job to do and are technically an "employee," but if you owned a company and had a good friend working for you, would you treat them like that and expect them to just take it?
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
***yawn***

Another person who made millions off of an athlete writing outlandish comments to sell a book.

Didn't Haney reveal how disrespected he felt when he wasn't offered a Popsicle...in a book...that he profited from?

Look, I agree it comes off as whining, but the thread's about Tiger, is it not? They're simply pointing out character issues, that come as no surprise to many. Just because they've betrayed a loyalty does not obviate Tiger's demonstrating he's a jerk.
jj9000
AG
quote:
Look, I agree it comes off as whining, but the thread's about Tiger, is it not?

Is it?

Or is the thread about someone with ulterior motives writing speculative for-profit pieces?

Nah...Let's talk more about how Little Stevie feels about doing his job.

Thread is about Tiger, no?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Well, Tiger isn't giving us much to post about. Except back surgery.
jj9000
AG
quote:
Well, Tiger isn't giving us much to post about. Except back surgery.

Yeah...my point is still the same though relative to not putting much stock into what Stevie says. He may have had an axe to grind for a long time. Maybe not. Maybe he had no axe to grind and his book gave him the opportunity to make money.

I've read the excerpt about Tiger throwing the clubs down and it reeks of BS. We all know Tiger isn't a Saint, but Stevie had the option to make his millions elsewhere. He chose to ride the Tiger gravy train.

I don't sympathize with him for feeling slighted when picking up golf clubs...especially when his job was to pick up golf clubs.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ok. They are both azzholes. That has been well established.

My opinion is on the previous page. I'm not surprised someone that was unceremoniously dumped and left hanging in the breeze to deal with questions all due to Tiger's personal mess after a decade+ professional relationship has an axe to grind.
TexAgs Legend
Some of you people are insane
Just an Ag
AG
quote:
Saw Bluejack is now open for play. Get to wear jeans while you play a round. not earth shattering news but found that interesting.
Who would want to wear jeans while they play? Next thing you know, you'll see guys out there in cargo shorts and untucked shirts!

98Ag99Grad
AG
Anyone see the quotes from his presser today at the Hero Challenge? Has no idea when he'll play again and basically said if this is it, then he's had a good run. Honestly didn't expect him to concede that right now.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Definitely negative

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/golf/74636418/former-world-no-1-tiger-woods-unsure-when-he-will-return-from-injury
bagger05
AG
Gotta be frustrating. I'm a huge fan but I kinda hope that he just walks away from playing.

I always thought (hoped) he had one more great tournament left... a Jack in '86 kinda moment to punctuate his career, but it's looking like that just ain't gonna happen.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Same
Wildcat
AG
Just saw it.

Does anyone recall when Chuck Knoblock(sp?) couldn't throw the ball from second to first as an MLB player? I think that is where Tiger is with his game. The shots shown on the highlight package are easily made by amateur golfers. Flubbing a routine chip? It's Tiger flipping Woods.

It is in his head.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.