*****Tiger*****

106,430 Views | 1147 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
Goodfield Nohit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Since Tiger is going to miss the FedEx Cup, I sent him an email asking him if he wanted to play in my regular Saturday men's club foursome, but he replied that he doesn't normally play on the weekends...

Chipotlemonger
AG
Some self indulgent holier-than-thous on here.
AgPrognosticator
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Tiger haters most likely couldn't tell the difference in a golf ball and ping pong ball prior to his emergence. Now they think they're smart bad mouthing him when they should be enjoying the seasons last major.

Silly little trolls.

The reverse was true in 1997-1998. Those that didn't know a golf ball from a ping pong ball were the lovers. The only haters were all of the long-time golfers that saw the influx of hacks show up at courses and dip****s show up in the gallery at tournaments. Not all established golf fans were haters, but the only haters were golf fans long before Tiger.

I'd imagine the same is largely true still.

Ding ding ding. Chupacabras statement is ignorant at best.

It's probably the same people. Similar to the guys who were Heat fans last year and Warriors fans this year. I'd suspect that guys like Harry and Goodfield have a stash of Patriots and Seahawks jerseys next to their old Tiger posters.

Never been a tiger fan and have been playing my whole life. Im sure you never watched a tourney until he came around but now claim youve been a golf fan for 17 years...the length of his career, as with most golf 'fans.' Its cool though, we true fans welcome you new fans that joined when Tiger came along. There are more great courses and better golf equipment that may not exist without you and Tiger. So for that i say, cheers.
You also have to realize that for many of folks, 17 years is about as long as we could have been avid golf fans. Even if you played at a young age, I doubt you had the patience to sit around and watch a round on TV of golf when you were 13 years old.
Goodfield Nohit
jja79
AG
Sedgefield is a great chance for him. I think he can hit the 2 iron in the fairway and be in play so much more than he is on the bigger courses.
aginlakeway
AG
Tiger -4 thru 10 this morning ...
Bunk Moreland
He's back baby! Look at that stacked field. C'monnnn TIGERRRRR!!
watty
AG
quote:

Why do people make fun of the competition any time Tiger has a good run? You realize that Tiger being -4 through 10 has exactly the same value to this discussion whether it is a stacked field or not, right? No one mentioned where he was on the leaderboard. Just that he actually has a good round going. Yet another example of how on this thread you can't say anything without people immediately going out of their way to mock Tiger, even when the mockery doesn't make any sense.
Phat32
AG
Just get some reps, confidence and a respectable finish. A win is gravy.
Bunk Moreland
bruh, I ain't a lover or a hater. I'm just along for the ride.

Kind of odd how quickly you are ready to get into some weird e-argument about freaking Tiger Woods playing golf. You don't have to defend his honor on the texags golf board. He wont mind.
watty
AG
I'm not defending anyone's honor...
Bunk Moreland
quote:

No, it's all about the win, or 2nd place. He's playing to get into the playoff. Go big or go home week for Tiger.
watty
AG
quote:
quote:

No, it's all about the win, or 2nd place. He's playing to get into the playoff. Go big or go home week for Tiger.

Agree... shoot at flags, hit putts firm, etc... We'll see if it works.
Ag_07
AG
Someone on twitter brought up a good point.

Does it help that he's never played here? Maybe not having anything already pre-programmed into his head will let him relax and just play golf.

Just food for thought...
Bunk Moreland
-5 thru 13. Would love to see him somehow stumble into the playoff just for the sake of entertainment.
bagger05
AG
Now at -6. Sounds like he's playing well.
Quinn
AG
PJYoung
AG
quote:

Sigh.
Phat32
AG
-6 with a lipped out birdie that would have put him at -7. Good anywhere, regardless of field.
birdman
Sounds like glutes are fully activated.
watty
AG
He'll have a tester for par to hopefully finish at -6. Poor second and third shots. Either way, 64 or 65 today is a good start, if nothing else.
watty
AG
Wow, curls it in for a 64. He had two putts lip in and one putt lip out, so he was on the good side of luck today. Also holed out a flop shot on #10 (his first hole of the day). He played well though. It was a legitimately good round. Under control with every club, for the most part.
Deluxe
AG
Good to see him play well, regardless of event/competition/etc.
BoerneGator
AG
I've always said that golf is "the most humbling game" I've ever played, and it humbles even the greatest among us. Tiger's well documented travails bear this out. His response to it, while disappointing, comes as no surprise, given his MO.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I've always said that golf is "the most humbling game" I've ever played, and it humbles even the greatest among us. Tiger's well documented travails bear this out. His response to it, while disappointing, comes as no surprise, given his MO.

The **** you talking about?
agsalaska
AG
I hope Tiger has one more run in him. I want to see him compete against the new crop.
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
What, exactly, do YOU mean?
agsalaska
AG
I hope Tiger has one more run in him. I want to see him compete against the new crop.
watty
AG
Did alaska just have a double post separated by four minutes?
Phat32
AG
Unemployed
AG
quote:
Banging all those chicks and getting caught didn't humble Tiger. It was the bad back and the injuries that humbled him.

You know he's still on prowl for those fake big tittied blonde chicks.
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
quote:
Banging all those chicks and getting caught didn't humble Tiger. It was the bad back and the injuries that humbled him.

My contention is that it is the game itself that has humbled him. Injuries and misbehavior contributed to it, to be sure, but had he retired rather than continued to play, he would not have experienced the same humbling experiences (that continue, today's round notwithstanding) from having continued to play. Comprende?
BowSowy
AG
quote:
quote:

You might want to play more of this humbling game
Unemployed
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

My contention is that it is the game itself that has humbled him. Injuries and misbehavior contributed to it, to be sure, but had he retired rather than continued to play, he would not have experienced the same humbling experiences (that continue, today's round notwithstanding) from having continued to play. Comprende?
God.....you're over-thinking this sh.t. You can say that crap about any sport that requires a certain level of physical interaction.

Golf ain't this mystical sport you're trying to make it out to be. Even before Tiger came on the scene, there were still fat asses out there digging holes with their 5-irons in the fairway.

You need to take "The Legend of Bagger Vance" out of your movie-watching rotation.
Ag_07
AG
He's doing the same thing on the other thread. Just ignore him and let him sober up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.