*****Tiger*****

106,445 Views | 1147 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The fact he had to withdraw from his last tournament after 11 holes due to injury and hasn't played since is what tells me he's hurt. This isn't rocket science. I'd say I'm being the exact opposite of sensationalistic. I'm just looking at the facts. Anyone who thinks a healthy Tiger would have even one seed of doubt about playing in the Masters is flat-out loopy, especially since he already had to miss last year.
bagger05
AG
Tiger down to #104 in the OWGR.

Should hear sometime this week about whether he's playing in The Masters.
Chipotlemonger
AG
My money is on him not playing unfortunately.
Baby Billy
AG
Yeah.. Doesn't look good.

IMO, if he was playing, he would have announced already
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think he'll play.
watty
AG
At this point, i have no clue. But I hope he plays and plays well.
Baby Billy
AG
quote:
I think he'll play.

I hope so
Born N Bred Ag
AG
cbs sports has a link saying that it looks like he will play fwiw
MagnumLoad
If he is not healthy he shouldn't play. It would only set him back further. That said, I heard that he has been playing 27 a day at his club in FL. Hard to see how he could do that and be hurting. A big factor is the weather IMO. Tiger has not played well in cool and/or wet weather for some time. If it is a cold April at Augusta, it would not bode well for him.
Baby Billy
AG
quote:
If he is not healthy he shouldn't play. It would only set him back further. That said, I heard that he has been playing 27 a day at his club in FL. Hard to see how he could do that and be hurting. A big factor is the weather IMO. Tiger has not played well in cool and/or wet weather for some time. If it is a cold April at Augusta, it would not bode well for him.

Weather will have zero factor on his decision
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
my guess is he's going to show-up in Augusta, play some practice rounds and make a decision Tuesday night or Wednesday before deadline based on how his short game is...alternate, be ready to play!
Baby Billy
AG
Tim Rosaforte predicts that tiger will play

http://www.businessinsider.com/tiger-woods-the-masters-2015-3
ORAggieFan
quote:
my guess is he's going to show-up in Augusta, play some practice rounds and make a decision Tuesday night or Wednesday before deadline based on how his short game is...alternate, be ready to play!

No alternates. They do have the best member at Augusta who gets to play when odd numbers. Think he played with Rory last year on Sunday and he setup a practice round with him to learn more about the course.
bagger05
AG
quote:
quote:

No alternates. They do have the best member at Augusta who gets to play when odd numbers. Think he played with Rory last year on Sunday and he setup a practice round with him to learn more about the course.

If there are odd numbers they have to have a marker join the first pairing. Host club gets to decide if they play or just keep score. At Augusta, they have a member named Jeff Knox play. He holds the course record from the member's tees (61). Last year on Sunday he shot 70 and Rory shot 71.
MagnumLoad
quote:
quote:

Weather will have zero factor on his decision
Never said it would, just that he does not play well in cold and/or wet weather, which is what I meant by "would not bode well for him".
Ag_07
AG
I think he'll play just based on the fact it's a major.

The only reason he is still playing is to get to 18. He's running out of time and he can't afford to keep skipping majors if he wants to get there. He knows this. He'll play
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yep, the age dial will hit 40 prior to the next Masters. He *should* still have a shot at quite a few more, but that clock is definitely ticking. And regardless of the state of his game, this is still golf. It's a crazy ****ing game. Slumping players can find magic for a few days.
Pignorant
AG
Tiger's jet spotted at Augusta Regional airport this morning.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/sports/golf/2015-03-31/tiger-woods-plane-spotted-airport?v=1427800257
Mr.Bond
Cavender Neutze
Chipotlemonger
AG
Oh **** here we go
bagger05
AG
If he plays, what kind of odds do you think will be out there for him?

Odds to win?
Odds to make the cut?
agfan2013
AG
I look forward to espn's nonstop coverage the first two days it's on their channel, with them not realizing there are any other golfers also on the course.

/sarcasm
watty
AG
quote:

Odds to win?
Odds to make the cut?

What the odds *should* be and what they *will* be are very different. His actual chances of winning are very slim. But the betting odds will probably be something ridiculous like 6/1.
Cavender Neutze
AG
quote:
I look forward to espn's nonstop coverage the first two days it's on their channel, with them not realizing there are any other golfers also on the course.

That's genuinely one of the things I'd be most excited about
Baby Billy
AG
quote:
quote:

That's genuinely one of the things I'd be most excited about

Me too
CapCityAg89
AG
And that is WHY ESPN will show non stop coverage of Tiger and forget there are any other golfers. Love him or hate him, there are few personalities that move the needle like Tiger Woods. JFF only got essentially 2.5 years of the Woods treatment.
antman8504
AG
I know there are some of you who hate full tiger coverage, but there are many many more that enjoy watching him on the course and want to see every shot. Might be hoping for the magic again or for him to fail, but people still want to see.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/report-tigers-plane-spotted-augusta-airport/

See this quote from the article linked:
quote:
Woods missed last year's Masters after undergoing back surgery. It was the first time he's missed the event as a pro. Even with then-20-year-old Jordan Spieth in contention, the event had its worst ratings since 1993.
ORAggieFan
quote:
quote:

Odds to win?
Odds to make the cut?

What the odds *should* be and what they *will* be are very different. His actual chances of winning are very slim. But the betting odds will probably be something ridiculous like 6/1.

You must not bet much. I'd guess he's 30/1 or so.
watty
AG
I was being a little sarcastic but not much. The odds offered on Tiger are always way lower than they "should" be, because the oddsmakers know that people will bet on him and they can offer terrible odds and still get lots of action.
ORAggieFan
He should be about 75/1....at best.
watty
AG
That's my point. What he should be and what he will be are nowhere near the same.
Baby Billy
AG
http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/04/apparently-tiger-woods-recentl.html
DannyDuberstein
AG
He played from the reds.
bagger05
AG
I just watched the video of Tim Rosaforte talking about the "worst ball" 66, and he described it as some kind of a reverse scramble (where you take the worst of the two drives, the worst of the two approach shots, etc). I thought it would be like a best ball where if you make birdie with one ball and a bogey with the other then you score a bogey.

Can't decide which way would be more impressive... either way that's playing some really good golf.

FYI among the video links below the one of Rosaforte saying he thinks he'll play in the Masters is a clip of Rosaforte saying he thinks he'll play at Bay Hill.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.