*****Tiger*****

106,422 Views | 1147 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pretty sure Tiger couldn't get through Q school if he was forced to.
LeFraud
His last US Open might be Shinnecock in 2018. Just crazy to think that he might not even be in the field for Pebble in 2019. I also would have thought he would be on the Olympic team in 2016...
LeFraud
Dp
att hello
He's going to be phased out of the Ryder Cup, miss the US Open in a few years, etc. Like I've said before, I don't care for him, but it's sad to see. I hope he can somewhat rebound on the tour or at least make a go of it on the Champions Tour one day.

Maybe he has seen the big picture.. Family. Life doesn't revolve around golf and there is nothing more important than your family (outside of God, but I don't want to open a can of worms). He has enough money to take care of his kids and multiple generations of his family. You want to be great at something, but at some point, you see what's important in life.
att hello
Lorena Ochoa and Annika Sorenstam got it right. Dominate your field, make your money, leave on top and spend time with your family.
LeFraud
Tiger knows he has to get to 19 majors to be the undisputed GOAT
att hello
quote:
He's the greatest or second best ever. He doesn't need 19 majors. Really, there are things a lot more important in life. This is coming from someone who absolutely loves golf.
att hello
quote:

Also, I think he could practice 18 hours a day and still not pull this off. His body is shot for week after week, high level competitive golf.
Matt_s
AG
I really think that it's entirely unfair to judge an athlete (any sport) based solely on championships won. So much is contingent on other people. Team sports are probably a better example of this, but golf can be the same way. Some no name dude can come from no where shoot his best 4 rounds of his life and win, while the rest of the field still puts up solid numbers but can't keep up with no names 15 minutes of fame.

There is no way that being the GOAT can be solely judged by rings or trophies.... Unless you're ESPN.
LeFraud
Somewhat agree, but Tiger had a poster of Jack and his 18 majors since he was a kid, and that has always been his end goal. I think Tiger is the GOAT, but there is no question that Tiger's only goal is to get to 19. He may feel like he is the GOAT as well, but getting to 19 would settle the debate for everyone.
jja79
AG
I think he's nearly back. He almost beat Berberian, that club pro and he smoked that 15 year old.
LeFraud
quote:
I think he's nearly back. He almost beat Berberian, that club pro and he smoked that 15 year old.

Agreed. He put together 3 good holes in a row on Thursday. If he does that 24 more times over 4 days, he'll start winning again.
aginlakeway
AG
I wonder if he's going to be wearing his Saturday and Sunday US Open Nike outfits at home this weekend?
Coppell97
AG
Coppell97
AG
LeFraud
You're trying waaaaaaaaay too hard. Maybe post it on a third thread, you know, three times a charm...

But obsession noted
Coppell97
AG
I'm a Tiger fan. I just thought that sequence was funny so I made some gifs. I want to see Tiger back winning majors.
AgDotCom
The shot tracker on the club....I laughed.
bagger05
AG
quote:
quote:

Agreed. He put together 3 good holes in a row on Thursday. If he does that 24 more times over 4 days, he'll start winning again.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Interesting wrinkles to the discussion this week.

It's getting harder to root for the guy.
LeFraud
It's not hard for me too root for him. I guess I still hope pre-YE yang tiger will emerge, but I love to watch him play. I don't have to root for him in life. Just like Jordan in the 90s...by most account, MJ is/was a terrible person, but he was/is the GOAT, just like Tiger. Fortunately for MJ, he didn't play in the social media age.

You can root for a player between the ropes, on the court, between the lines, etc...that doesn't mean you support them outside of that.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Tiger gets it to -7 and then blows one OB.

Cheat needs on official to tell him a clearly OB ball is OB. His caddie also went for the "generous" (wrong) side of the stake with a string measure
watty
AG
So now he's a cheat even when he properly takes a penalty for a ball OB? Just because he did the exact same thing the vast majority of guys would do and get a rules official to double check before taking a two shot penalty? At least wait until he actually cheats to call him a cheat.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think he's a cheat from the BMW a few years ago when it was clear his ball moved, but he thought he was isolated enough to get away with it. TheY did him a favor by letting him correct his score after the round.

He's one of the all-time cheats in life. Not sure why anyone would think he's above cheating at golf.

Th ruling request today was a stupid waste of time. any idiot could see it was clearly OOB. Loved that his caddy demonstrated that he didn't know (cough) the most basic of OOB rules though.
Signel
AG
If he slept with dufner's wife while they were married then I will no longer be a fan. Integrity is more important to me than skill and accomplishments. It is one thing to be self destructive like Daly was, but this is just low class (along with all his other indiscretions.)
jja79
AG
He's back. Tied for 50th through 3 rounds.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
Well, this is a world-class field this week.
Goodfield Nohit
quote:
I think he's a cheat from the BMW a few years ago when it was clear his ball moved, but he thought he was isolated enough to get away with it. TheY did him a favor by letting him correct his score after the round.

Don't forget when he had 25 people help him move that 2,000 lb lose impediment. While not illegal, certainly against the spirit of the game of golf.
bagger05
AG
quote:
quote:

Don't forget when he had 25 people help him move that 2,000 lb lose impediment. While not illegal, certainly against the spirit of the game of golf.

He did it after it was suggested by the rules official, IIRC. In any sport if a ref were to offer any pro a favorable ruling based on a technicality then they take it 100% of the time.

In golf when the letter of the law is up against "the spirit of the game" or plain old common sense, the words on the page typically prevail so that crap should be a two-way street. If anything, I think leveraging the rules to improve your situation as much as possible is within the spirit of golf. To me the "spirit of golf" when it comes to the rules is much more about pencil whipping and technicalities than it is about common sense interpretation.

Certainly the list of legitimate reasons to dislike Tiger Woods is long enough that fake outrage over crap like this can be excluded...
jja79
AG
quote:
quote:
Well, this is a world-class field this week.

Jason Bohn, Mr. Park, David Hearne and Chad Collins are pretty intimidating.
Goodfield Nohit
he's a cheater. in golf and life.
bagger05
AG
What does that have to do with the rock-moving incident?
LeFraud
quote:
he's a cheater. in golf and life.

And yet you can't stop posting about him
DannyDuberstein
AG
You think there is even a remote possibility that Tiger hasn't banged somone's wife along the way? This is going to be the straw? What has given you any inkling that Tiger cares about marriage, be it his or his own?
watty
AG
Tiger has hit the ball fantastic today. I'm not sure, but i think he might be 18/18 in greens. About to finish a bogey free 66 or 67 that could have been very low if some putts fell. Again, just looking at the shot tracer on my phone but it appears this may have been his best balk striking day in years.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.