*****Tiger*****

106,357 Views | 1147 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
Phat32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Predictable post of the year goes to....
bagger05
AG
Glutes clearly firing so far today....
Wildcat
AG
May start a new thread on this.

Tiger's fan base was the most annoying in sports. Even if he was the greatest in the game, the galleries running around the course, him in constant discussion by commentators when not in contention, the hype machine of Nike and their sheety equipment, the carefully crafted ad campaigns, wardrobe (red on Sunday) discussions, and on and on wore my arse out.

Now all those people that delighted and profited in his success are taking their joy from his failure. The same journalists that sniffed his jock for more than a decade are now mocking him. I f'ing hate *******s like that.

Tiger just became a guy for whom I cheer. If for no other reason to spite those SOBs.

He just hit back to back birdies and I found myself pulling for him.
gravy97
AG
uh oh... FORE LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE'S DONE AGAIN PEOPLE!!!!!!!!
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Tiger is -2 thru 3... HE'S BACK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that puts him ahead of guys like Zach Johnson and Adam Scott How dare the PGA allow hacks like them to play in a major.
Bunk Moreland
from one bunker to another.
bagger05
AG
quote:
from one bunker to another.
Plenty of green to work with... really a pretty easy shot. [/johnny miller]
Phat32
AG
Aaaand gives the strokes back.
bagger05
AG
quote:
Aaaand gives the strokes back.
Ouch.... double?
Phat32
AG
Laying 4 with a 15-20 footer for bogey, so...yes.
gravy97
AG
but it was a tap in double
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Laying 4 with a 15-20 footer for bogey, so...yes.
15-20 feet, guarantee to make it.
8-10 feet, put money on the 2 putt.
Wildcat
AG
quote:

I usually celebrate these
bagger05
AG
quote:
Better than a tap-in triple.
Phat32
AG
I'm glad I can relate to Tiger now. He played that hole exactly how I would.
jja79
AG
Lighten up AgProg. You guys are too easy. It's like getting a reaction out of a bunch of kindergarten aged girls.

He's lost just one stroke to the lead today so that's progress. I'll give him credit for today.
jj9000
AG
quote:
You guys are too easy. It's like getting a reaction out of a bunch of kindergarten aged girls.

So, you troll kidergarden aged girls as well.

Solid work, bud.
bagger05
AG
Saw this on Twitter. Sums up the current state of things...
quote:
Tiger Woods on his way to missing the cut in 4 of the past 5 majors. He missed just 4 cuts in his 68 major appearances before that.
MJ20/20
AG
On a good note it looks like Woods will play into the weekend in 3 out of 4 majors this year.
Matsui
AG
Tiger committed to play next week in Wyndham championship. Never played before.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He has to play in twice as many tournaments now to get the same amount of tournament golf as before.
Goodfield Nohit
He can still make the cut! Needs to play -3 in the last 5.

Riveting television tomorrow.

And then we will watch players who can actually win the golf tournament
AgPrognosticator
AG
quote:
Lighten up AgProg. You guys are too easy. It's like getting a reaction out of a bunch of kindergarten aged girls.

He's lost just one stroke to the lead today so that's progress. I'll give him credit for today.
You prove my point yet again.
aginlakeway
AG
So is that it for the Tiger 2015 thread? Start a new one in 2016?
El Chupacabra
Tiger haters most likely couldn't tell the difference in a golf ball and ping pong ball prior to his emergence. Now they think they're smart bad mouthing him when they should be enjoying the seasons last major.

Silly little trolls.
98Ag99Grad
AG
He committed to the Wyndham next week I think.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
He committed to the Wyndham next week I think.
SWEET! The Tiger love (and hate) thread continues.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
Tiger haters most likely couldn't tell the difference in a golf ball and ping pong ball prior to his emergence. Now they think they're smart bad mouthing him when they should be enjoying the seasons last major.

Silly little trolls.

The reverse was true in 1997-1998. Those that didn't know a golf ball from a ping pong ball were the lovers. The only haters were all of the long-time golfers that saw the influx of hacks show up at courses and dip****s show up in the gallery at tournaments. Not all established golf fans were haters, but the only haters were golf fans long before Tiger.

I'd imagine the same is largely true still.
Corporal Punishment
AG
quote:
The reverse was true in 1997-1998. Those that didn't know a golf ball from a ping pong ball were the lovers. The only haters were all of the long-time golfers that saw the influx of hacks show up at courses and dip****s show up in the gallery at tournaments. Not all established golf fans were haters, but the only haters were golf fans long before Tiger.

Spot on.
Harry Stone
AG
quote:
quote:

Silly little trolls.

Ding ding ding. Chupacabras statement is ignorant at best.
BassCowboy33
quote:
Word on the street is that chico thinks Tiger used drugs. He's let us know twice today.

I thought it was pretty widely known that Tiger was on the Balco (sp?) list? The way his body has fallen apart and the trajectory of his game also follow the health pattern of many PED users.
BassCowboy33
Also, the reason there is so much Tiger Woods hate is that he's such a ****ty human being. It's easy to overlook such actions when a guy plays for your team, but in an individual sport such as golf, it doesn't play. He's treated people like crap for his entire pro career and now the chickens are coming home to roost. And that's just in his professional life.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
quote:
Also, the reason there is so much Tiger Woods hate is that he's such a ****ty human being. It's easy to overlook such actions when a guy plays for your team, but in an individual sport such as golf, it doesn't play. He's treated people like crap for his entire pro career and now the chickens are coming home to roost. And that's just in his professional life.
right on!

been around the guy when he was at the top....A-HOLE is too kind of a description for him
El Chupacabra
quote:
quote:
quote:

Silly little trolls.

It's probably the same people. Similar to the guys who were Heat fans last year and Warriors fans this year. I'd suspect that guys like Harry and Goodfield have a stash of Patriots and Seahawks jerseys next to their old Tiger posters.
Harry Stone
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Silly little trolls.

It's probably the same people. Similar to the guys who were Heat fans last year and Warriors fans this year. I'd suspect that guys like Harry and Goodfield have a stash of Patriots and Seahawks jerseys next to their old Tiger posters.

Never been a tiger fan and have been playing my whole life. Im sure you never watched a tourney until he came around but now claim youve been a golf fan for 17 years...the length of his career, as with most golf 'fans.' Its cool though, we true fans welcome you new fans that joined when Tiger came along. There are more great courses and better golf equipment that may not exist without you and Tiger. So for that i say, cheers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.