*****Tiger*****

106,366 Views | 1147 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
BayAg14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I really hope CBS keeps showing this choke job. Fun to watch!
Quinn
AG
I know the feeling, Big Cat...
Unemployed
AG
quote:
Can't choke when he started the day trailing by 2 strokes.
Mr.Bond
AG
Aren't you cool
DannyDuberstein
AG
He is what he is, the 200 something best player in the world. All sorts of ****birds find themselves on the leaderboard from time to time, especially in tournaments like this one.

Some of those ****birds even win now and again, and at this point, that's how I'd chalk up a Tiger win.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
quote:
Can't choke when he started the day trailing by 2 strokes.
If he shoots 74 and finishes 35th, he choked.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, serious contention is only required to set up a choke. Not leading.
Unemployed
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I guess anybody can be considered a choker if he shot over par or finished worse than he started.

That's good to know

DannyDuberstein
AG
Needing only part of a round to go from a tie for 2nd to the middle of the field is a little more extreme than what you just described.
Unemployed
AG
quote:
Yeah, serious contention is only required to set up a choke. Not leading.
Only when you're expected to win, no?

Who here thought Tiger was going to win today? I sure as hell didn't even though he was only 2 shots behind. I don't think anybody is shocked that Tiger sh.t the bed today.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I guess anybody can be considered a choker if he shot over par or finished worse than he started.

That's good to know

If someone starts the round in the second to the last group and two shots out of the lead, and he shoots 74 and finishes 8 shots back, he choked in the final round.

I just don't see how you can't call that choking in the final round.
DannyDuberstein
AG
So a guy on the leaderboard today is Jason Gore. In 2005, he was in 2nd after 3 rounds of the US Open and then shot an 84 and finished 49th. So that wasn't a choke by your definition.
Phat32
AG
A triple? Jesus Tiger
ORAggieFan
A choke is giving away a win that was in the bag.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I've never been a DL3 fan because for a guy that had tremendous success at this sport, he always looked like a sourpuss with a look on his face like he was smelling a dirty diaper while he plays. But I'd like to see the old ****er close this one out.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
OK. So Tiger isn't choking today. He's just sucking today.

Problem solved!

Bunk Moreland
He was 3 shots back in the 2nd to last group on the course, on the 10th or 11th hole, hitting his 3rd shot just off the green of a par 4 and proceeded to triple.

Call it a choke or don't, but it was embarrassingly bad.

Shots 3, 4, and 5 in that sequence was a series of shots in order that every one of us hacks have done before. Wasn't like one bad "Ahh I can relate" shot... That was 3 in a row, amateur hour session that we can relate to. And none of them were particularly difficult.

Oh well. Another chapter in the weird saga of Tiger Woods these days.

DL3 for the win?
Yesterday
AG
When's the last time youve seen a guy in contention blade a chip, chunk a chip, putt from off the green to well past the hole and then miss the comeback putt for a triple? He needs to fix his head and the only way to do that is to play a lot of golf. I just don't think he has the commitment to the game anymore and in my opinion that's ok. He's done quite enough.
DannyDuberstein
AG
A 3 shot lead going into a final round is far from "in the bag", so DJ's blown lead in 2010 US Open when he shot an 82 = not a choke?
DannyDuberstein
AG
At least Ryan Moore finally got himself a proper hat.
98Ag99Grad
AG
quote:
I've never been a DL3 fan because for a guy that had tremendous success at this sport, he always looked like a sourpuss with a look on his face like he was smelling a dirty diaper while he plays. But I'd like to see the old ****er close this one out.

My wife uses that same expression, the "I smell sht face."
Phat32
AG
This is a choke job, pure and simple. He had the 36-hole lead and has been a dumpster fire since. Old Tiger would have been 5-6 strokes past these spares.

I was about to call progress until the triple/bogey back to back.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Starting to see lots of club dropping from Tiger. Definitely not swinging like he was earlier this week.
Phat32
AG
I'm a huge Tiger fan, but that club dropping **** has got to stop. Tons of kids look up to him, and I see that **** on the course all the time now. Take it like a man.
watty
AG
quote:
I'm a huge Tiger fan, but that club dropping **** has got to stop. Tons of kids look up to him, and I see that **** on the course all the time now. Take it like a man.

That's not just Tiger. That's pretty much all pros now. It's just a trend like any other.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It is ridiculous. Now it reminds me of this (follow through club drop) and makes me laugh:

http://nolayingup.com/2014/01/30/a-primer-on-how-to-act-like-a-pro-toursauce/

Maybe I'm just a forgetful old man at age 41, but I don't recall this even being a thing 10-15 years ago.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

I'm one of the biggest Tiger fans on this board.

Admittedly, This is a choke. You have a bad definition of choke.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

Agreed.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Someone might need to wake DL3 up from his nap when its over
Unemployed
AG
quote:
Someone might need to wake DL3 up from his nap when its over
Dude is eating his dinner right now.
ORAggieFan
quote:
quote:

I'm one of the biggest Tiger fans on this board.

Admittedly, This is a choke. You have a bad definition of choke.

From Wikipedia:
quote:
In sports, a "choke" is the failure of an athlete or an athletic team to win a game or tournament when the player or team had been strongly favored to win or had squandered a large lead in the late stages of the event. In sports, a "choke" is the failure of an athlete or an athletic team to win a game or tournament when the player or team had been strongly favored to win or had squandered a large lead in the late stages of the event.

Why am I defending Tiger? I can't stand the guy b
aginlakeway
AG
Even-par 70 for Tiger, T11, 4 back.
Just an Ag
AG
quote:
DL III is one of my favorites. he never had a great major record but he has a hall of fame wing. And he and I are the same age...
AgPrognosticator
AG
quote:
You really think gore will shoot 66 or one of the others will shoot 64? The way those greens are rolling? With Sunday pins?

Doubt it.....

-17 probably wins.

Just sayin'
Unemployed
AG
quote:
Even-par 70 for Tiger, T11, 4 back.
T10 with Blixt's bogey.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.