*****Tiger*****

106,400 Views | 1147 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
The D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm pretty sure Tiger must have drilled
Goodfields boyfriend because the dude is completely obsessed by him.
Just an Ag
AG
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/12/golf/tiger-woods-bad-joke/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool&iref=obinsite

LOL, that was a good line by Tiger but he is getting flak anyway.
gravy97
AG
quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/12/golf/tiger-woods-bad-joke/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool&iref=obinsite

LOL, that was a good line by Tiger but he is getting flak anyway.
I question the assertion that it was a "good line" ... that was just not funny.
watty
AG
It was a corny joke, but corny jokes can be good/fun. The problem is that Tiger is a little awkward when trying to make jokes. I'm a huge fan of his obviously but his personality with the media is awkward, forced, and fake a lot of the time. Sometimes you can get genuine answers from him but when he tries to make jokes, it's just a little awkward. But the joke itself was obviously corny. Tiger knows that too. The merits of a dumb joke like that don't need to be debated. It's fun to make stupid jokes. That's what Tiger did. The delivery was just a little off.
jja79
AG
It wasn't funny at all and especially not coming from someone who treated folks the way he did for so long. Now that he's number 278 he wants to play nice.
Mr.Bond
AG
Oh good lord people. Pull the tampons out
jja79
AG
Reality hurts you this much?
gravy97
AG
For the record... I am a tiger lover. but also a lover of comedy. Tigers joke was a dad joke. my comment was not directed at Tiger for making the joke... but rather at the goober who gave it an LOL.... winky face
Mr.Bond
AG
Nope. But apparently your hate for Tiger consumes your life
Chipotlemonger
AG
Calling my shot: Top 25 finish this week.
jj9000
AG
Calling my shot.

He'll be on the front page of the Leaderboard.

I may even put him in my Fantasy lineup.
jja79
AG
Not at all. I don't hate the guy at all, but I am not blinded by worshipping him like some of you are.

He's competing with Heath Slocum, John Rollins, Eric Axley and that level of players. Not worth fretting over nor worshipping.
Just an Ag
AG
quote:
For the record... I am a tiger lover. but also a lover of comedy. Tigers joke was a dad joke. my comment was not directed at Tiger for making the joke... but rather at the goober who gave it an LOL.... winky face
goober? You trying to be funny?
Unemployed
AG
quote:
Not at all. I don't hate the guy at all, but I am not blinded by worshipping him like some of you are.

He's competing with Heath Slocum, John Rollins, Eric Axley and that level of players. Not worth fretting over nor worshipping.
And here you are on a thread specifically about Tiger.
jja79
AG
So this thread us reserved for Tiger lovers? I thought it was a discussion.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

And you're fretting over him, even though you said he wasn't worth the time of day.
Cris_Dishman
I predict MC for Tiger
Phat32
AG
He's going to finish middle of the pack.
PJYoung
AG
+1 thru 5. Hitting it great, putting poorly.

And the course is playing very easy here in the morning.
watty
AG
Yep. 5/5 on GIRs, but has missed putts of 9, 7, and 4 feet.
PJYoung
AG
6/6 now. For Tiger in recent majors I would call that progress!
bagger05
AG
Man just ran that putt about six feet past from 35'. You could tell from his practice strokes that he was going to crush it.
Phat32
AG
Snap hooks into the gallery. Wish I had bumpers on my drives like that.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Yep. 5/5 on GIRs, but has missed putts of 9, 7, and 4 feet.
holy hell, I knew someone was video taping me putting the other day
Cris_Dishman
+2 through 12. Tomorrow looks to be the last round of golf we will see from Tiger for a long time.
Phat32
AG
Body language starting to go downhill.
watty
AG
The fact that he was +1 through five holes when he could have very easily been -1 or -2 no doubt deflated him. He was hitting it well enough, but then after the putter let him down, it seems like now his swing is gradually deteriorating.
Unemployed
AG
Tiger is done. He'll never be consistent enough with the driver through four rounds to win another major.

Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Tiger is done. He'll never be consistent enough with the driver through four rounds to win another major.

he was never a bastion of consistency with the driver as the best player in the game.
jja79
AG
quote:
quote:

And you're fretting over him, even though you said he wasn't worth the time of day.

Nope. It's just interesting watching people cling to the thought a has been will resurrect himself.

T 71 so he's behind a hundred or so. He is beating a guy named Sturgeon though.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nope. It's just interesting watching people cling to the thought a has been will resurrect himself.

T 71 so he's behind a hundred or so. He is beating a guy named Sturgeon though.
the caviar fish is a pro golfer???? damn now I really feel bad about my game if a freaking fish is better than me.
chico
AG
dude hasn't won a major since the PGA started drug testing.
PJYoung
AG
quote:

Way, way, waaaaay too soon to say that. The dude won 5 tournaments just 2 years ago including a T4 at the Masters when he hit the pin on 15 and spun it into the water (and then got that 2 stroke penalty for a bad drop).

It's not like he's too old - he's still in the peak age range to win majors. He has been dog poo since that season but at age 39 it's a little too soon to give up on a 14 time major winner.
bagger05
AG
quote:
quote:

he was never a bastion of consistency with the driver as the best player in the game.
True, but he had a big distance advantage over the field. Now he is even more inaccurate AND his distance is only average. I didn't follow golf back in the early 2000s, but I am under the impression that when he was missing back then he was still generally in the area of the fairway. Not having these HUGE misses like we're seeing nowadays.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If he keeps this up, one of the networks that covers golf should have the balls to neither mention him nor show him for an entire tournament.

C'mon Eldrick, even John Daly is whipping your ass!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.