*****Tiger*****

106,404 Views | 1147 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
He's doing the same thing on the other thread. Just ignore him and let him sober up.
I love TexAg'ing while drinking a few, buy damn, some people just can't drink and TexAg.
LeFraud
YE Yang humbled Tiger at the 09 pga, tiger loost his mojo on the course. He then lost his mojo off the course later that year. I've often wondered had Tiger gone on to win the 09 pga, would he have had to dodge the 9 iron from his wife? I suppose he would've gotten caught eventually, but I still stand behind YE Yang being the downfall to the old tiger.
DRE06
AG
quote:
YE Yang humbled Tiger at the 09 pga, tiger loost his mojo on the course. He then lost his mojo off the course later that year. I've often wondered had Tiger gone on to win the 09 pga, would he have had to dodge the 9 iron from his wife? I suppose he would've gotten caught eventually, but I still stand behind YE Yang being the downfall to the old tiger.

Lol. I had to google YE Yang Tiger to see if that was actually a real belief. Turns out that some idiot actually wrote an article claiming the same thing. So dumb.
HouAggie
AG
Unfortunately, I've come across that stupid chit before. But I feel dumber every time I have to read or hear it.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I'm mostly ambivalent towards Tiger now, my biggest beef is when he slinks away after a poor round and doesn't do the interview (like when he was the host of the tournament) after the round, but he sure doesn't mind talking after 6 under. Say your courtesy non answer, take your 45 seconds and then move along instead of running to slam your trunk.
watty
AG
To me that's a pretty unfair criticism. It's actually pretty rare that he doesn't talk, and he does more media than any other living golfer. He is the most in demand, he is ALWAYS wanted, and I think there's nothing wrong with occasionally saying no. And it's not like he's the only one to ever do skip the media. But he seems to be the only one who gets criticized for it.
The Lost
quote:
I'm mostly ambivalent towards Tiger now, my biggest beef is when he slinks away after a poor round and doesn't do the interview (like when he was the host of the tournament) after the round, but he sure doesn't mind talking after 6 under. Say your courtesy non answer, take your 45 seconds and then move along instead of running to slam your trunk.

How many other golfers are interviewed after every round, including their bad ones. Hell I bet spieth doesn't even get close to the same request #
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
To me that's a pretty unfair criticism. It's actually pretty rare that he doesn't talk, and he does more media than any other living golfer. He is the most in demand, he is ALWAYS wanted, and I think there's nothing wrong with occasionally saying no. And it's not like he's the only one to ever do skip the media. But he seems to be the only one who gets criticized for it.

Thank you, at least some realistic people on here!
Big Cat `93
AG
He'll have to do some work today to catch up to...DLIII?
Bunk Moreland
quote:
He'll have to do some work today to catch up to...DLIII?

Yeah what am I watching? Waiting for the Elk to make a big Friday afternoon run. Don't sleep on Hal Sutton though.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Nick Price might lurking too.
bagger05
AG
I'm sure many of you have been distracted by the Baylor crap going on today...

But meanwhile, at the Wyndham, former world #1 golfer (and by all accounts one heck of a nice guy) Tiger Woods has a 9' putt for eagle that would tie him for the lead against what some TexAgs posters have called "the greatest field ever assembled in the history of sport."
bagger05
AG
THE EAGLE HAS LANDED! TIGER TIES FOR THE LEAD! #PLAYOFFS?
watty
AG
If he hangs on and wins this tournament, weak field or not, that would be one of the most unexpected and noteworthy wins of his career. Only halfway there but suddenly we have a big story on our hands on what should have been a boring week for the PGA.
bagger05
AG
quote:
If he hangs on and wins this tournament, weak field or not, that would be one of the most unexpected and noteworthy wins of his career. Only halfway there but suddenly we have a big story on our hands on what should have been a boring week for the PGA.
Totally agree.

Coming through and getting a win when he absolutely has to have it would be the kind of thing Old Tiger might have done.

Honestly, I am impressed that he is playing well at all. Even if he crumbles this weekend (which I kinda expect, really) I'd say this is a pretty big step in the right direction. Haven't seen much that resembles "playing well under pressure" from Eldrick in a while... closest thing was making a birdie to make the cut on the number in some unimportant tournament earlier this year.
Phat32
AG
He is absolutely sticking his irons. Driver is looking better as well.

The haters will be watching & hoping for a collapse.
Bunk Moreland
was hoping he coulda posted 12 under.
bagger05
AG
And the Tiger fans will be watching and expecting a collapse.
PJYoung
AG
It's fun to see him slowly get his game together. Two steps forward one step back. The last two days were two big steps.
AgPrognosticator
AG
quote:
It's fun to see him slowly get his game together. Two steps forward one step back. The last two days were two big steps.

The commentators were almost giddy yesterday. I agree with them -- if Rory, Speith, and Tiger are all playing well, we could be in for some unbelievable golf.
BarryProfit
I'm a big tiger guy and it's great to see him put two rouvds together. But after watching the highlights late last night I'm less convinced. He was in the rough quite a bit off the tee but wasn't really penalized because the rough on that track isn't very penal. Still encouraging, and great progress for sure.
gillom
AG
I could care less whether he succeeds or doesn't. I watched most of his round and you are correct, he was off the fairway some. He also hit at least 4 piped drivers like I haven't seen him hit in a long time. I don't know if he will win but it was nice to watch him play like his old self. It reminded me why Sundays were a must watch 10 years ago.
gillom
AG
To continue that thought...

I think it is time he starts playing more of these lower tier tourneys. His game doesn't suit the 'show up and dominate the hardest courses in the world' mentality anymore. If he wants to win he needs to hone his game with the rest of the peons and hope to catch it just right at the majors. US Opens may be out of the question but he always (normally, used to etc) plays well at Augusta. Just one mid-handicapper's opinion.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
I'm a big tiger guy and it's great to see him put two rouvds together. But after watching the highlights late last night I'm less convinced. He was in the rough quite a bit off the tee but wasn't really penalized because the rough on that track isn't very penal. Still encouraging, and great progress for sure.
has he ever really played from the fairway????

What made Tiger so great was his ability to recover from his "GD'it Tiger (sounds of clubs slamming the ground)" shots that ended up 300 yards right or left of where he wanted them.
watty
AG
So call your shot- who shoots lower today, Tiger or Hoge? And who is in the lead at the end of the day?
BarryProfit
I have absolutely no idea what to expect.
watty
AG
That is, in fact, the correct answer. A few years ago, the finish to this tournament would have already been written. Now? No clue.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Tiger shoots a 67. Ties for lead again.
Phat32
AG
What is a Tom Hoge?
PJYoung
AG
I forgot that he was only 3 wins away from Sam Snead's all-time mark.
gillom
AG
I predict a 70. Falls back to T-5 and everybody remembers he can't come from behind.
BarryProfit
Good start.
Bunk Moreland
Gotta be so ****ty for Hoge, but oh well. Crowd just acting like he isn't even there, walking off and causing commotion before he putts his birdie, then people yelling for Tiger before he taps in his par.
Bunk Moreland
I think 18 under will be the minimum to be within reach by tomorrow afternoon. 21 under might be the number.
The Lost
quote:
Gotta be so ****ty for Hoge, but oh well. Crowd jusy acting like he isn't even there, walking off and causing commotion before he putts his birdie, then people yelling for Tiger before he taps in his par.

Happened in spieth and days groups Saturday/Sunday at the PGA too probably a pretty common occurrence really.. Some people just suck

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.