Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Early Christmas present for Aggies: the new OC is HUGE

357,729 Views | 1432 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 45-70Ag
rcannaday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think of old ball coach comes he's hand picking who he wants and Sumlin will let him as he has to go all in....
DontDoubtElDandy
quote:
Didnt rojo call the Chief hire? This might just work...
He actually didn't. AggieYell called it weeks before anyone else did. Most people thought they were full of sh*t, at the time.
War Grackle
S
quote:
quote:
Spurrier would be a HUGE disappointment. The guy is almost 70 years old and way past needing to be put out to pasture.

Les Miles is 62 and half you idiots want to fire Sumlin for him. And there were at least a few posts that wanted Sherman back. Make up your minds.
None of those post were mine. Idiot.
NorthStar
AG
no way this is true
FJB
AG
Joe Kines was kind of up there when he was our DC
schwack schwack
AG

agregg07
AG
I'll play...in!
Hamburger Dan
It's going to be hard to get any sleep tonight if I have to keep checking this thread every 30 seconds.
marriedtoanag2013
Seems unlikely but Hyman got him to SC
aginlakeway
AG
"He was kind of the guy I always wanted to be," Sumlin said. "He's had a huge impact on me. There are a lot of things that are football related that he brings to the table, but there are also a lot of things from a personal growth standpoint that people won't ever know that he's helped me with."
45-70Ag
AG
Wouldn't spav be fired first
lil_frog8
AG
Twitter rumblings yet?
AggieIce
AG
Would be an interesting sell to recruits, but if this fails after a few years we will NEVER win big
aggiebutterfly
AG
Can someone pull up the rojo Chavis hire thread?
Bonfire96
AG
Can he coach our bowl game?
carsoca2
quote:
quote:
He actually didn't. AggieYell called it weeks before anyone else did. Most people thought they were full of sh*t, at the time.

Actually, AggieYell pushed their chips all in on Brent Venables. They didn't say much, if anything, regarding Chavis
aggie_2001_2005
quote:
I think of old ball coach comes he's hand picking who he wants and Sumlin will let him as he has to go all in....

Agree. Anything less than firing all Offensive assistants except Banks will be a traveshamockery.
45-70Ag
AG
Yeah him going to Georgia
Southeastern Conference
AG
70 is the new 60
agdoc2001
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Spurrier would be a HUGE disappointment. The guy is almost 70 years old and way past needing to be put out to pasture.

Les Miles is 62 and half you idiots want to fire Sumlin for him. And there were at least a few posts that wanted Sherman back. Make up your minds.

I don't recall saying they were, you db.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AnyOtherName
AG
quote:
Seems unlikely but Hyman got him to SC
Bottlehead90
AG
If it is spurrier
Then it could be genius or disaster

I will wait and see
RufusAg
AG
quote:
Somebody explain to me why Spurrier would even be a good choice for OC. I respect the guy but he is getting up there in years, and clearly hasn't been all that effective as a coach the past few seasons.
Spurrier has dealt with dual QBs in the past with some success... In 93 and 94 he had Terry Dean and Danny Wuerffel. In 2000 he played Jesse Palmer and Rex Grossman. Won the SEC championship all those years.

Until the last couple years, he had SC overperforming in a big way. Gotta think the talent pipeline dried up. That's not the case here. Not to mention he's Steve freaking Spurrier. Are we really too good all-of-a-sudden for Steve Spurrier?
lil_frog8
AG
Opens up a pipeline to Florida that Charlie would back up a Keebler truck full of cookie cakes for!!!
Aggie2022
Spurrier said he want to coach a high school team when he resigned from USCe. And right now we look like a high school football team so everything fits perfectly.
Foxo
AG
Talk of Spurrier is a joke .... right?
phatbc
quote:
Twitter rumblings yet?
not really
War Grackle
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't recall saying they were, you db.
You responded to my post...so you kinda did.
sincereag
Would be a terrific hire if true. Has one of the best offensive football resumes in history of the college game. Not worried about his age as he still shows a lot of fire as a coach. Please be true....
Jaxson11
AG
And Mark Richt is coming along to be QB coach. Announcement soon.
Science Denier
AG
Fran's offense = 17th,
Visor Boy = 100th

Fran's offense = 18th
Visor Boy = 20th

Fran's offense = 58th
Visor Boy = 77th

At SC, visor boy's offense cracked the top 50 only 4 times in 11 years. Maybe if he just focuses on running the offense he won't suck anymore. We can also hope that the issue was that he just couldn't recruit anyone decent and that's why his offenses sucked so much.

Or, this post is just flat BS.
IBombedTheMoon
AG
in
DontDoubtElDandy
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually, AggieYell pushed their chips all in on Brent Venables. They didn't say much, if anything, regarding Chavis
They did. Some people on here even started questioning whether it was Hamm and the people at numbers that reported on Chavis first because it sounded so far-fetched.
Peterrod
AG
This is almost too crazy a rumor to even make up! I gotta admit, I can't wait to see how this turns out.
gigumaggie
AG
Ill put tree fiddy on rojo bein full of s***

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.