Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Early Christmas present for Aggies: the new OC is HUGE

358,042 Views | 1432 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 45-70Ag
Bifferton Bobber Squat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Any more speculation?

Starting to look like rojo was a giant trololololol

A lot of threads with posters/staff saying "I TOLD YOU SO!"
So he's said it's going to be Spurrier, and it'll be announced sometime after the SECCG, and just because he doesn't say anything else for a couple of days, you decide he's a troll?

He's said who and when. What else do you want/expect him to say?

Don't reiterate what Rojo said, most making these types of statements didn't read any of what Rojo said to begin with.
wisdom
AG
AggieAuditor
AG
wut?
wood2007
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Doesn't matter who Spav recruits for the offense. If he is OC, they will never reach their full potential.
Get this crap outta here. Take it to one of the hundreds of Spav sucks threads.
every thread is a Spav sucks thread.
Evidently.
It's because..... Spav sucks. Deal with it.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
AggieNiebs
AG
Seems time that if it were HBC then there is no reason not to sign him now.
So likely someone else who is currently working
OldAg92
AG
Overstating the obvious here, but maybe Spav is actually under serious consideration for a new gig and rather than just fire him Sumlin is letting that process play out. This allows us to keep Spav on the road recruiting, with our replacement OC already hooked and on the line (Spurrier or otherwise). And if Rojo is wrong and we don't have a new OC on the line, then no reason to fire Spav immediately if he is still doing some good on the recruiting trail.

I've gotta believe Sumlin is a little smarter than most of us when it comes to stuff like this.
UntoldSpirit
AG
Lots of Applewhite talk now with many different sources saying he is being considered this week. Rojo not looking strong.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Lots of Applewhite talk now with many different sources saying he is being considered this week. Rojo not looking strong.
Drum5343
AG
I still believe!
Farmers6
If it's applewhite, Sumlin will be fired after next season.
kammrath
AG
quote:
Drake aTm
AG
Rojo:"This is aggierojo...if you're listening to this...you are the resistance"

Me:"...aggierojo....WE GOTTA FIND THIS GUY!"

Bottlehead90
AG
Apples are Rojo
Major = huge
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:

Where are you seeing this? I've looked on Twitter, etc and literally A&M and applewhite haven't been mentioned together once.
MooreTrucker
AG

quote:

I've gotta believe Sumlin is a little smarter than most of us when it comes to stuff like this.

Recent results are mixed.
UntoldSpirit
AG
quote:
quote:

Where are you seeing this? I've looked on Twitter, etc and literally A&M and applewhite haven't been mentioned together once.
There's a thread on this site. "zoo" thread But that's just one example. Friends of Applewhite and BMAs talking about him being strongly considered and interviewed this week.
AlexSAWineguy
AG
1.2K views?? Damn!
aggiehawg
AG
If Applewhite is interviewing during the AAC CCG week, that means he knows Herman is leaving. Otherwise, he would stay with Herman and wait for another return to the 40 acres.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
1.2K views?? Damn!
not views, posts.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
187k is the views
AtlAg75
AG
One other scenario to consider - Spav continues as OC and Spurrier is retained as a "consultant" to Spav to help accelerate his education.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
One other scenario to consider - Spav continues as OC and Spurrier is retained as a "consultant" to Spav to help accelerate his education.
When Mack Brown did that with Greg Robinson, Manny Diaz was fired mid-season.
Bodhi
AG
ROJO

MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
This was my initial thinking. And if Christenson is gone, it'd open up a spot....
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
This was my initial thinking. And if Christenson is gone, it'd open up a spot....
I'm sorry, but an intern needing OTJ training doesn't deserve a salary in excess of $100,000, much less $400,00.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'm sorry, but an intern needing OTJ training doesn't deserve a salary in excess of $100,000, much less $400,00.
I didn't say it was a GOOD idea, just a possibility.

He's getting OJT now. At least this way, he's have a mentor.
Pengwin Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I didn't say it was a GOOD idea, just a possibility.

He's getting OJT now. At least this way, he's have a mentor.
To be fair, it wouldn't look good on Sumlin to let Spav go. His best bet for saving himself is to either keep the idiot or get some other idiot to hire him. If you have to keep the idiot, you'd be best off trying to make him look like less of an idiot.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
To be fair, it wouldn't look good on Sumlin to let Spav go. His best bet for saving himself is to either keep the idiot or get some other idiot to hire him. If you have to keep the idiot, you'd be best off trying to make him look like less of an idiot.

Why the hell would it not reflect well on Sumlin for firing a crappy OC?? Fish or cut bait.

Sumlin isn't running a charity for developmentally challenged offensive coordinators. Or he shouldn't be on OPM.
Frisco - Ag
(Removed:110240)
AG
quote:

From what Rojo said, it is about publicity. If this gets announced Friday night, this hire will be talked about extensively on Saturday while all of the playoff games are going on.
(Removed:110240)
AG
Mrs. Hawg,

Sumlin appears to be a really likable guy in the coaching circles (explains his ability to pull in a very loyal Chavis from LSU), and part of this appears to stem from his loyalty to coaches. I don't know if firing Spav would hurt this image, but Rojo claimed that Sumlin still sees value in Spav and wants to retain him on his staff in potentially another role.

I think Sumlin is working to find one of his coaches another job.
AG
quote:
quote:

From what Rojo said, it is about publicity. If this gets announced Friday night, this hire will be talked about extensively on Saturday while all of the playoff games are going on.

BING to tha O
45-70Ag
AG
So if this doesn't get announced then, what will you guys say then to convince yourselves this is happening.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
So if this doesn't get announced then, what will you guys say then to convince yourselves this is happening.
The same thing we've been saying. It won't happen until it's time.

When it's announced that no changes are being made, or that someone else has been hired, then you can gloat. Until then, just hot air.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.