Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Early Christmas present for Aggies: the new OC is HUGE

358,065 Views | 1432 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 45-70Ag
Frisco - Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
quote:
Rojo,

What were the two major hurdles?
Not mine to disclose.

$$$ money

and

contract details
(will he be required to recruit much, probably also language letting him bail if and when he chooses too)
schmendeler
AG
quote:
Rojo does NOT know who the next OC is. Especially if he's saying it will be Spurrier. At least I hope that isn't true.

Hilarious. Way to hedge.
LPMFTAC_2015
AG
quote:
quote:
Rojo does NOT know who the next OC is. Especially if he's saying it will be Spurrier. At least I hope that isn't true.

Hilarious. Way to hedge.
Unfortunately, the way this program has been going, I actually wouldn't be very surprised if they made a stupid move like this.
MacDawg75
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hilarious. Way to hedge.
Unfortunately, the way this program has been going, I actually wouldn't be very surprised if they made a stupid move like this.

Stupid is in the eye of the beholder.
Batty
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Rojo,

Not mine to disclose.
Deez Nuts
He said MAJOR hurdles.

Spav handcuffed himself naked to a desk in the offensive coordinator's office, refusing to leave.
Efff it, brick that office in.
carsoca2
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Rojo,

Not mine to disclose.
Deez Nuts
He said MAJOR hurdles.

Spav handcuffed himself naked to a desk in the offensive coordinator's office, refusing to leave.
Efff it, brick that office in.
After we throw a thermite grenade in there.
Olsen
AG
I just went on Google and tried to type in "Steve Spurrier" on the search engine and the first thing it shows is "steve spurrier texas a&m" wow!!!
Citizen Reign
quote:
quote:
I hope this Spurrier stuff is some kind of purposeful misdirection, because if some of you actually believe it...well...wow.

At first I thought this was the most outlandish thing I've ever heard, but:

1. Sumlin and Spurrier are friends.
2. Spurrier made it clear he isn't done coaching.
3. BMA's are older folks who would salivate at the chance to say they hired Steve Spurrier, one of the best coaches ever.
4. Hyman and Spurrier have good history.

Debate all you want about the merits of Spurrier as an OC (I'm not sold), but the points above make it more believable than first blush.
Good post and makes me wonder why Looch thinks it's not even remotely possible. Maybe he has not gotten past "first blush".
aggiehawg
AG
welborn
quote:
quote:
quote:
I hope this Spurrier stuff is some kind of purposeful misdirection, because if some of you actually believe it...well...wow.

At first I thought this was the most outlandish thing I've ever heard, but:

1. Sumlin and Spurrier are friends.
2. Spurrier made it clear he isn't done coaching.
3. BMA's are older folks who would salivate at the chance to say they hired Steve Spurrier, one of the best coaches ever.
4. Hyman and Spurrier have good history.

Debate all you want about the merits of Spurrier as an OC (I'm not sold), but the points above make it more believable than first blush.
Good post and makes me wonder why Looch thinks it's not even remotely possible. Maybe he has not gotten past "first blush".

Likely because the position is currently filled by Jake. When it opens, he can offer further comment to any and all speculation at will. As for now, we do not have an opening at the OC position. It's been the mo around here since Sumlin showed up. Don't blame Looch one bit.
Motel California
S
quote:
I just went on Google and tried to type in "Steve Spurrier" on the search engine and the first thing it shows is "steve spurrier texas a&m" wow!!!

DecadePlan
AG
quote:

Google = ROJO!
Red Skye
AG
AggielandPoultry
AG
To the point I give no **** anymore. Expected big things this season, team ended up looking like a pile of **** against our biggest competition.
fooz
quote:

AggieAuditor
AG
quote:
quote:

You probably searched that phrase previously and it just auto-filled it based on your history.
Red Skye
AG
shotcaller1
AG
No matter what, someone is going to be wrong. And that someone will be crucified. I can't wait.
always gig em
AG
I've always wanted to be on page 25 of a thread so now I am.
fooz
quote:
No matter what, someone is going to be wrong. And that someone will be crucified. I can't wait.
aggiehawg
AG
Recruiting is what I'm a bit concerned about. Miles is a wounded duck right now. Strong is firing most of his offensive staff. TCU may lose both of their co-coordinators. Richt had a helluva class before he was canned.

Mullen and Freeze are named candidates for other SEC coaching positions.

Don't get me wrong, Chavis was better than one Malik Jefferson recruit, but this window won't be open for that long, to take advantage.
Motel California
S
quote:

Sbisa Chef
Spurrier, Herman, or Richt.
Heismanziel
Dan McCarney
IslandAg76
AG
A way to keep Spavital...hire Spurrier as OC for 1-2 years, Spav goes down to QB coach (not sure why though) and in 2 years under Spurrier's tutelage Spav emerges as a full fledged offensive genius!
carsoca2
quote:
A way to keep Spavital...hire Spurrier as OC for 1-2 years, Spav goes down to QB coach (not sure why though) and in 2 years under Spurrier's tutelage Spav emerges as a full fledged offensive genius!
revolutionAG
In for sure on this. ROJO got balls of steel.
Drake aTm
AG
Derailed
Red Skye
AG
quote:
Derailed
Sowwy. My fault.
fooz
He wasn't nailed to the cross through his hands. GAH! Do you even history bro?
R_Shackleford
AG
So, Spurrier...coming here or not?
Sleeping Giant
S
BioAg08
AG
Take it to the R&P board guys, I need my outlandish entertainment to be on-task!
Red Skye
AG
quote:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.