Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Early Christmas present for Aggies: the new OC is HUGE

358,055 Views | 1432 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 45-70Ag
carsoca2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What does Spurrier have to do with UGA?
F2Fox89
AG
quote:
quote:
from the "Every Posts of Rojo's thread"...a couple of minutes ago

quote:
quote:Why does he finally give in and tell everyone it's Spurrier now? Especially after the earlier timeline
Fair question, and I will field it in part -- surely you can put the pieces together around this statement:. Georgia's actions were unexpected.

Not following you ... could you explain your think
I copied AggieRojo's 10:51pm post from the other thread where all the AggieRojo posts were since most folks wre on this thread
agdoc2001
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:Why does he finally give in and tell everyone it's Spurrier now? Especially after the earlier timeline
Fair question, and I will field it in part -- surely you can put the pieces together around this statement:. Georgia's actions were unexpected.

Not following you ... could you explain your thinking?

We're also bringing on Richt as a towel boy.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

I copied AggieRojo's 10:51pm post from the other thread where all the AggieRojo posts were since most folks wre on this thread
Maybe we were afraid Spurrier would go to UGA so we had to get this done now?
aggie_2001_2005
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

that's exactly how I read it
fooz
quote:
quote:
quote:
Anything on twitter yet about this rumor?

So, a Texags poster?

Here's another.

BrayK15
AG
Think about the timing of Spurrier's resignation. The middle of the season was awkward, but it was one game before they played us. If he and Summy had been talking, the timing makes sense
Ridge14
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Maybe

I personally don't believe Georgia would have hired him to be HC, could be wrong though.
Chazz03
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

Not following you ... could you explain your thinking?
It's not him (Fox) who said that...it was Rojo....on a thread that has concolidated all of Rojo's previous comments on the topic since his first hint. Someone asked that followup question as to why now and he replied.

The implication, I believe is that the Georgia firing/resignation of Richt was unexpected and caused an acceleration in the timeline of events on our end such that he (Rojo) could say it was Spurrier and done (so supposedly signed) sooner than he had expected it to be (when he laid out the timeline and said wait for December but prior to SEC championship game).

thats how I interpret that.

Mark Fairchild
AG
I'm in.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Buck Nasty
AG

AgsLv44
AG
quote:
http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/josh-kendall-blog/article41677788.html

Credit KK (portion of article):

quote:
The visor-sporting Sumlin and Spurrier had become close in recent years through their mutual connection to Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops and went on at least one overseas golfing excursion together.

"He was kind of the guy I always wanted to be," Sumlin said. "He's had a huge impact on me. There are a lot of things that are football related that he brings to the table, but there are also a lot of things from a personal growth standpoint that people won't ever know that he's helped me with."
Bonfire96
AG
May we display his Heisman next to Crow's and Manziel's?
Sleeping Giant
S
Sumlin going old school with Chief and OBC.
GarryowenAg
AG
quote:
He can put his heisman wherever he wants
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
what is also interesting is that Rojo in that thread ( where it consolidates all of his posts on the subject) besides some pretty blatant hints (seeing "visor to visor") etc....

mentions that on the Chavis thing that he called 2 days prior that he spoke too soon (causing some issue in the negotiations) and that he was not going to do that again....implying this time that it is already a done deal.

i'm intrigued to say the least.

LilSebastian13
AG
Bankeraggie
AG
quote:
quote:
He can put his heisman wherever he wants

I hear he does. And often.
Ridge14
Nothing from @FootballScoop
GarryowenAg
AG
Yet still no news from the media.
klsmith89
AG
Soooo like is this a good hire? Just seems too old..
Keegan99
AG
If if if true... Doubtful it would leak through the usual channels (AD office, agents, etc.) since Summy and HBC would handle it one on one.
AgsLv44
AG
Maybe he will bring Tebow in to visit occasionally. I'd be good with that.
TAMU1990
AG
At the minimum, it should be fun to watch.
aggie_2001_2005
Thought Tebow played under Myer
Bonfire1996
AG
quote:
Maybe he will bring Tebow in to visit occasionally. I'd be good with that.

I'm not sure that's correct. [/Norm]
Bankeraggie
AG
Nothing on Twitter about this. Well other than some of us posting. But no real news.

Feels like maybe we have been trolled?
mid90
AG
This is so crazy it just might be true.
Big Al 1992
AG
Announced soon so HBC can make in home visits with KDS?!?! Like to Las Vegas and a few other stops?!
BrayK15
AG
If we can honestly afford Spurrier now, just imagine who we could go get if oil prices were higher
p-wonk01
Thedukeoferrl
AG
Goddammit, the entire internet is laughing at us AGAIN. I'm sure we're going to hire a 70 year old who was forced out of his job a few months ago...
p-wonk01
AG
Well if anything this will get the media to run with it and at least force the question
mid90
AG
If this pans out, I think Rojo will rightfully become the most famous poster on this site, second only to one R. Gates.

He would have called his shot two years in a row on an unbelievable coordinator hire each year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.