Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Early Christmas present for Aggies: the new OC is HUGE

358,018 Views | 1432 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 45-70Ag
wood2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
Welcome to Aggieland, Steve Spurrier. Texas A&M's new OC.
Took some balls to say this. The things I hear, I keep under my hat for many reasons, mostly job security. I wish I could confirm or deny... but I haven't asked about the topic in a while.
Well go find out. Create a new user name. Post that you heard from a friend in low places that it is or is not Spurrier.
hammerhead
Still cannot see where Spurrier is the "great OC" hire.

Outside of a 3 year run of 11-2 he has had marginal success in the last 10 years.

If I am Sumlin I just don't know if I would mortgage on a 70 year old man who just quit on his team and wants to work on his golf game.
trueaggie2782
AG
quote:
Still cannot see where Spurrier is the "great OC" hire.

Outside of a 3 year run of 11-2 he has had marginal success in the last 10 years.

If I am Sumlin I just don't know if I would mortgage on a 70 year old man who just quit on his team and wants to work on his golf game.

You make him sound like an older version of spav.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
"Cocoon" coaching staff is a great idea.
SlackerAg
AG
"Space Cowboys"
Batty
So much for being productive on a Monday.
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
"Cocoon" coaching staff is a great idea.
Just need the pod pool.
Post removed:
by user
Reginald Cousins
djmeen95
AG
I will say this - AggieRojo has at the very least made for an entertaining few days on the boards and at least had the marbles to call his shot....

Philip J Fry
AG
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=11553026

quote:
Although it might seem like science fiction, researchers have already proven that the diabetes drug metformin extends the life of animals, and the Food and Drug Administration in the US has now given the go-ahead for a trial to see if the same effects can be replicated in humans.

If successful it will mean that a person in their 70s would be as biologically healthy as a 50-year-old.

Get him here and on this ASAP.
rangerdanger
AG
Rojo calling his shot. I'm on board with this one!
Crouching Jackass
quote:
I will say this - AggieRojo has at the very least made for an entertaining few days on the boards and at least had the marbles to call his shot....

Oh really? Well then, I call Bill Belichick. How do ya like them marbles?
Aggiejay512
Red =Rojo Rojo = rc Slocum bank it ...
fooz
quote:
quote:
The Staff does not mess with Rojo posts. Methinks the Staff knows who Rojo is -- he has to be a paid subscriber, doesn't he? Just maybe, Rojo is a true insider and periodically feeds the Staff behind the scenes info.
I used to be a paid subscriber. I stopped paying last January as I had other things to do. I have never fed staff anything privately. I have fed individuals information privately via IM when I was a paid subscriber. I did so without respect to any relationship they may have had, or did have, with Texags.

I do not know Billy, nor any of his employees, on a personal, first name basis. I am certain they know my identity -- as they have my information from when I was a paid subscriber. I appreciate the fact they keep my identity anonymous -- as it should be kept.

I will let you know a few facts about myself - then forget about who I am and concentrate on the great OC we are landing: I used to work for Texas A&M in some capacity for several years, I am a third generation Aggie, and I do hold an engineering degree from Texas A&M. I just had another son accepted into Texas A&M as a member of the class of 2020. My source is impeccable, and is in low places.

Now, focus on a blue chip recruit coming on campus and given this introduction:

"Please meet The Swag, the Chief, the Ball Coach, the 105,000 12th Man, the new Kyle Field, the SEC, and a fine education at Texas A&M that includes membership in the Aggie family for life. Any questions? Great, sign here, and let's win an NC."

agdoc2001
AG
quote:

You guys are way off.

Rojo = Red = Eli from Allred Motor Company
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MD20/20
AG
Ok. I'll play along. It sounds awesome in a way.
Who's gonna coach special teams, OL, and receivers?
12thmnfromflotown
AG
quote:
quote:
Welcome to Aggieland, Steve Spurrier. Texas A&M's new OC.
Took some balls to say this. The things I hear, I keep under my hat for many reasons, mostly job security. I wish I could confirm or deny... but I haven't asked about the topic in a while.
uhhh......who are you?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

No but.......

how about Shawn Slocum.

A&M class of 1987, degree in Construction Management (Rojo says "engineering" generically not a specific discipline this could be engineering-like).

He is the perfect age to have a kid just accepted into the class of 2020 which he also claimed.

His given name is Richard Shawn Slocum...maybe Red is a nickname, or from childhood from Richard?

his hair is gray now, but was slightly sandy/blonde could have been reddish when younger (no clue if the rojo means anything about hair anyway).

He was on staff here a couple of times and Rojo says he was employed here at some point without being specific.

He would certainly have connections of the highest order.

Texags staff would certainly know who he is and not question him.

just a thought.

EDIT - forgot the part where Rojo said he was a 3rd generation aggie...RC went to McNeese St...unless he counts coaching but still he wouldn't be 3rd generation I don't think.
fooz
I was employed by the university for several years.

OMG could I be Rojo and not know it??

JJxvi
AG
Shawn Slocum is on a coaching staff, so it'd be odd and weird if he were posting on message boards about coach openings in his spare time.
PosterFormallyKnownAsRojo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
The Staff does not mess with Rojo posts. Methinks the Staff knows who Rojo is -- he has to be a paid subscriber, doesn't he? Just maybe, Rojo is a true insider and periodically feeds the Staff behind the scenes info.
I used to be a paid subscriber. I stopped paying last January as I had other things to do. I have never fed staff anything privately. I have fed individuals information privately via IM when I was a paid subscriber. I did so without respect to any relationship they may have had, or did have, with Texags.

I do not know Billy, nor any of his employees, on a personal, first name basis. I am certain they know my identity -- as they have my information from when I was a paid subscriber. I appreciate the fact they keep my identity anonymous -- as it should be kept.

I will let you know a few facts about myself - then forget about who I am and concentrate on the great OC we are landing: I used to work for Texas A&M in some capacity for several years, I am a third generation Aggie, and I do hold an engineering degree from Texas A&M. I just had another son accepted into Texas A&M as a member of the class of 2020. My source is impeccable, and is in low places.

Now, focus on a blue chip recruit coming on campus and given this introduction:

"Please meet The Swag, the Chief, the Ball Coach, the 105,000 12th Man, the new Kyle Field, the SEC, and a fine education at Texas A&M that includes membership in the Aggie family for life. Any questions? Great, sign here, and let's win an NC."

So am I correct about the Summy and OBC stuff or no?
No. I, nor my friends in low places, have any knowledge about Sumlin and Spurrier talking about Spurrier coming to Texas A&M prior to the South Carolina game. However, they certainly spoke afterwards and moved quickly on an agreement in principle with two major hurdles that had to be worked out.

I believe that Spurrier resigned his position as HC at South Carolina because he believed that he was being more of a hindrance to the program than a solution due a number of issues including the fact that those duties required him to spend more time managing the money people than coaching football.

Spurrier lives for football. Like Bear Bryant -- football coaches who love the game for the game -- only know coaching. They don't fade away once the coaching is over and "retire" -- they tend to "croak in a week" from a broken heart of not being able to do what they loved and lived to do.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Shawn Slocum is on a coaching staff, so it'd be odd and weird if he were posting on message boards about coach openings in his spare time.
well it is a down time....after regular season....ASU is also done and waiting for bowl announcment. Rojo isn't around a lot really.Also his activity last year came during this time period for Chavis. Some leading up to signing day with the recruits too....he may not have a big hand in recruiting. who knows.

schmendeler
Bajan
AG
ooh ooh, lets guess the two hurdles:

1) he wants to live in wherever the hell he currently lives and...

2) jr has to come along
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:

No but.......

how about Shawn Slocum.

A&M class of 1987, degree in Construction Management (Rojo says "engineering" generically not a specific discipline this could be engineering-like).

He is the perfect age to have a kid just accepted into the class of 2020 which he also claimed.

His given name is Richard Shawn Slocum...maybe Red is a nickname, or from childhood from Richard?

his hair is gray now, but was slightly sandy/blonde could have been reddish when younger (no clue if the rojo means anything about hair anyway).

He was on staff here a couple of times and Rojo says he was employed here at some point without being specific.

He would certainly have connections of the highest order.

Texags staff would certainly know who he is and not question him.

just a thought.

EDIT - forgot the part where Rojo said he was a 3rd generation aggie...RC went to McNeese St...unless he counts coaching but still he wouldn't be 3rd generation I don't think.

Philip J Fry
AG
Has a kid that is Class of 2020...was an engineering student...connections with A&M football...

Rojo must be John Pierson. The walkon kicker who missed the PAT against Tech in 2002 and also an engineering major.
RufusAg
AG
Some speculation about staff motivations...

A rumor like this drives traffic to the website, encouraging people to buy subscriptions, and driving up clicks. So there is some short-term self-interest in allowing it to continue. On the other hand, if it's a massive troll job, and they play along, then maybe they play the long game--they know people will get pissed, not come on TexAgs as much, not renew until the beginning of FB season, etc.--so they'd be inclined to shut it down.

Personally, I'm inclined to think (no doubt in some way motivated by the fact that I think Spurrier as OC would be a fantastic A+ home run hire) that staff really doesn't have much inside info on this (nor should they if Sumlin and the AD and others in the athletic department are doing their jobs), but at the same time there's just no way that everyone can keep their mouths shut. Looch and staff aren't going to report on what the pool guy says. They've got to get it from someone (or more likely several people) who have a real reason to know what the heck is going on. Doesn't mean the pool guy wasn't the first to know. And it doesn't mean he can't go post it on TexAgs and start a message board tempest-in-a-teapot.

1876er
AG
I'm still not sure if y'all are all being facetious, or if y'all really believe him...
Waltonloads08
AG
quote:
I hope this Spurrier stuff is some kind of purposeful misdirection, because if some of you actually believe it...well...wow.

At first I thought this was the most outlandish thing I've ever heard, but:

1. Sumlin and Spurrier are friends.
2. Spurrier made it clear he isn't done coaching.
3. BMA's are older folks who would salivate at the chance to say they hired Steve Spurrier, one of the best coaches ever.
4. Hyman and Spurrier have good history.

Debate all you want about the merits of Spurrier as an OC (I'm not sold), but the points above make it more believable than first blush.
Bajan
AG
new technology is amazing, through the internet, i was actually able to take a composite photo of the collective TexAgs user base:

JJxvi
AG
It's not true. It's all made up, and it doesnt take much genius to see that regardless of whatever supporting factoids you can make up that may or may not go along with it. At second 3rd, 4th, 25th "blush" its still a bunch of garbage,
AgEng08
AG
Epic troll job by an mfbarnes sock?
AG
I suspect that rojo knows someone that is involved with drawing up the contracts/employment paperwork. Someone low on the totem pole, but involved with the rubber meeting the road. That person's knowledge, by definition, would be impeccable.

However, I really don't care... Just glad a brother is willing to share!
bert harbinson
AG
quote:
It's not true. It's all made up, and it doesnt take much genius to see that regardless of whatever supporting factoids you can make up that may or may not go along with it. At second 3rd, 4th, 25th "blush" its still a bunch of garbage,
You seem so sure, perhaps, if you're wrong, you'd be willing to eat the turd you've floated in the zoo punch bowl.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.