Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Early Christmas present for Aggies: the new OC is HUGE

356,370 Views | 1432 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 45-70Ag
Frisco - Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CDiem05
AG
To go along with this... what sort of relationship does Hyman have with Spurrier?
MikeM1960
quote:
Everyone outside of this message board seems to think Spav is a talented young coach. Perhaps the idea is to bring in someone as a mentor for him for a couple of years?
Who are you going to fire to do this. We have the maximum number of full-time coached you can have.
AG
quote:
quote:
Everyone outside of this message board seems to think Spav is a talented young coach. Perhaps the idea is to bring in someone as a mentor for him for a couple of years?
Who are you going to fire to do this. We have the maximum number of full-time coached you can have.

There are plenty of deserving candidates this year to choose from. Pretty sure this won't be an issue.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Spurrier will be part time so he can still golf during the week
Helms96
AG
Ok, after quite a few beers tonight, some Margaritas, and 2 BIG whiskies I have come to this conclusion. Spurrier saw the mess he had in USCe Just before our game and knew it was the end of the road there, not just because of the talent he had, but the fact that he was tired of the circus there and was ready to not have the pressure of being a Head Coach in his last few years. He spoke with Summy and said, I am out, gonna hang it up here. I can't coach them in our game and then come coach with you, so I am going to resign IF you want to have me come coach with you, give me what I need and let's go win a Championship? Sumlin already saw that Spav wasn't gonna cut it and said OK. Let's do this. That is the only way this lines up with the timing of Rojo's post and who he had picked.
This is what my alcohol soaked mind has come up with. The only way it makes sense if Spurrier is chosen.
Rojo's, correct me if I am wrong, better yet, confirm I am right!
Firearms and LTC Instructor
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
Helms96
AG
I also believe that Rojo's is "Eric the Red" aka Hyman
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
crag
AG
I so hope this is not true.
mchatz
AG
Page 16.

I'm in. So crazy it just might be true.
Post removed:
by user
ag_03_aj
AG
ok den
Ag pride
AG
In.

Because why not
S.A. Aggie
AG
OP, go away.
phatbc
Still up and no speculation tag has been applied yet
Kool
AG
quote:
Easy to disprove. Rojo said that he had a Rhodesian ridgeback who made unusually large dookies. Is anyone in the Zoo, perchance, Hyman's "pool technician"? No doubt he would have had ample opportunity to step around those land mines, or overheard him on the phone.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
secmaroonblood
AG
As far fetched as this seems, I do remember seeing Spurrier on GameDay in Ann Arbor and he said that he knew a lot of old head coaches that became assistants and were REAL happy with their new gig. (I'm paraphrasing)

Does anybody else recall that?

Also, I think Sumlin is the right guy and we're winning it all in 2019!
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
To go along with this... what sort of relationship does Hyman have with Spurrier?
He was the AD who hired Spurrier at South Carolina, if I'm not mistaken.

(Sidenote: Have spent some time reading the Carolina boards. They generally like Hyman and wish he was in charge of this hire. Found it interesting since we mostly hate the guy.)
Helms96
AG
quote:
quote:
Easy to disprove. Rojo said that he had a Rhodesian ridgeback who made unusually large dookies. Is anyone in the Zoo, perchance, Hyman's "pool technician"? No doubt he would have had ample opportunity to step around those land mines, or overheard him on the phone.
Pool boy snitches get stitches!!! Or at least publicly shamed and fired around these parts.
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
drcrinum
The Staff does not mess with Rojo posts. Methinks the Staff knows who Rojo is -- he has to be a paid subscriber, doesn't he? Just maybe, Rojo is a true insider and periodically feeds the Staff behind the scenes info.
StartSpeedy
Rojo = Hyman?
Sea Gull
AG
0% chance.
Helms96
AG
quote:
Rojo = Hyman?
Yeah I kinda already said that about 15 posts up ^^^^^
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
Latrobe
AG
huge

"He was kind of the guy I always wanted to be," Sumlin said. "He's had a huge impact on me. There are a lot of things that are football related that he brings to the table, but there are also a lot of things from a personal growth standpoint that people won't ever know that he's helped me with."
Sumlin's reminiscing was short, though, because Spurrier's resignation came two weeks before the Gamecocks will play his team at Kyle Field, and now the Aggies must prepare for a South."

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/josh-kendall-blog/article41677788.html#storylink=cpy

Aggiejay512
My money is on briles son , junior with a visor been coaching and calling plays since 08 .
PosterFormallyKnownAsRojo
AG
quote:
The Staff does not mess with Rojo posts. Methinks the Staff knows who Rojo is -- he has to be a paid subscriber, doesn't he? Just maybe, Rojo is a true insider and periodically feeds the Staff behind the scenes info.
I used to be a paid subscriber. I stopped paying last January as I had other things to do. I have never fed staff anything privately. I have fed individuals information privately via IM when I was a paid subscriber. I did so without respect to any relationship they may have had, or did have, with Texags.

I do not know Billy, nor any of his employees, on a personal, first name basis. I am certain they know my identity -- as they have my information from when I was a paid subscriber. I appreciate the fact they keep my identity anonymous -- as it should be kept.

I will let you know a few facts about myself - then forget about who I am and concentrate on the great OC we are landing: I used to work for Texas A&M in some capacity for several years, I am a third generation Aggie, and I do hold an engineering degree from Texas A&M. I just had another son accepted into Texas A&M as a member of the class of 2020. My source is impeccable, and is in low places.

Now, focus on a blue chip recruit coming on campus and given this introduction:

"Please meet The Swag, the Chief, the Ball Coach, the 105,000 12th Man, the new Kyle Field, the SEC, and a fine education at Texas A&M that includes membership in the Aggie family for life. Any questions? Great, sign here, and let's win an NC."

Citizen Reign
Not interested in a coach that walked out on his team mid-season. He'd be bringing some bad mojo.
CDiem05
AG
quote:
quote:
He was the AD who hired Spurrier at South Carolina, if I'm not mistaken.

(Sidenote: Have spent some time reading the Carolina boards. They generally like Hyman and wish he was in charge of this hire. Found it interesting since we mostly hate the guy.)

I think you're right... which means there has to be a comfort level between the two of them. Again, just going along with all of this for the sake of the conversation, that relationship would be very important.
Knife_Party
This has to be the most elaborate troll since the Akita thread. Well done.
welborn
All your chips are on the table now man. Hope you're right.
cannonfodder02
AG
So confused at this point, would we be happy with Spurrier? Please tell me how I should feel. TIA
Farmers6
Rojo is the man.
Helms96
AG
quote:
quote:
I used to be a paid subscriber. I stopped paying last January as I had other things to do. I have never fed staff anything privately. I have fed individuals information privately via IM when I was a paid subscriber. I did so without respect to any relationship they may have had, or did have, with Texags.

I do not know Billy, nor any of his employees, on a personal, first name basis. I am certain they know my identity -- as they have my information from when I was a paid subscriber. I appreciate the fact they keep my identity anonymous -- as it should be kept.

I will let you know a few facts about myself - then forget about who I am and concentrate on the great OC we are landing: I used to work for Texas A&M in some capacity for several years, I am a third generation Aggie, and I do hold an engineering degree from Texas A&M. I just had another son accepted into Texas A&M as a member of the class of 2020. My source is impeccable, and is in low places.

Now, focus on a blue chip recruit coming on campus and given this introduction:

"Please meet The Swag, the Chief, the Ball Coach, the 105,000 12th Man, the new Kyle Field, the SEC, and a fine education at Texas A&M that includes membership in the Aggie family for life. Any questions? Great, sign here, and let's win an NC."

So am I correct about the Summy and OBC stuff or no?
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
skaggsjw
AG
AggieRojo I think maybe you should do a Q&A thread just like Billy. This is so far off his radar. He didn't even mention the speculation in his Q&A post LSU.
feeloader
This is the only light I see in an otherwise cold, dark place. So I'm in.
88jrt06
AG
Not buying it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.