Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Early Christmas present for Aggies: the new OC is HUGE

357,912 Views | 1432 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 45-70Ag
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Mrs. Hawg,

Sumlin appears to be a really likable guy in the coaching circles (explains his ability to pull in a very loyal Chavis from LSU), and part of this appears to stem from his loyalty to coaches. I don't know if firing Spav would hurt this image, but Rojo claimed that Sumlin still sees value in Spav and wants to retain him on his staff in potentially another role.

I think Sumlin is working to find one of his coaches another job.
I fully understand your POV here. One which I have great empathy for. Being a "good boss."

Having been a boss on many occasions, having to fire an employee that you like, love, feel compelled to help, have treated very well and bent over backwards to accommodate, isn't easy.

Coaching is a profession, and not one for the faint of heart, nor the indecisive. Not the way it works, and certainly not in today's environment. That kind of sentiment prevailing over doing your job gets you fired as a HC.

The Pottery Barn Rule. You keep the broken coach, you own it.

quote:
bent over backwards to accommodate
tmi
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
tmi

An expression, nothing more.
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
So if this doesn't get announced then, what will you guys say then to convince yourselves this is happening.
The same thing we've been saying. It won't happen until it's time.

When it's announced that no changes are being made, or that someone else has been hired, then you can gloat. Until then, just hot air.

Not gloating, I think he would be a great hire here even with the dumb ass bet i made.

I just don't believe the rojo guy, but bein wrong here would be a good thing.
Helms96
AG
quote:
So if this doesn't get announced then, what will you guys say then to convince yourselves this is happening.
I know what I will say... "damn, I was really hoping to get to see Irish_Man eat a turd from the ass of a pure bred rough Collie..."
Firearms and LTC Instructor
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
tmi

I'd work for you, baby. The benefits sound amazing!
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
The same thing we've been saying. It won't happen until it's time.

When it's announced that no changes are being made, or that someone else has been hired, then you can gloat. Until then, just hot air.

Not gloating, I think he would be a great hire here even with the dumb ass bet i made.

I just don't believe the rojo guy, but bein wrong here would be a good thing.

I can't help thinking that you really want to eat that turd... Kinda weird. I think I want to party with you.
AgEng06
AG
Wtf
Turf_Ag2009
AG
We all forgot one thing...Sumlin hires those he cannot beat.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
We all forgot one thing...Sumlin hires those he cannot beat.

So Cameron or Kiffin?
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
tmi

I'd work for you, baby. The benefits sound amazing!

Uh oh. The zoo has a blend of OBGYN tonight
Farmers6
My understanding is the announcement will be sometime on or before the SEC Championship game (if we are not in it, which at this point, looks like we have a tough road in front of us to make it). So, yes, definitely this year, and most probably in November or just prior to the SEC Championship Game for the additional PR buzz (as if that would be needed).
45-70Ag
AG
So spurrier wrote a note this week explaining he would volunteer coach at a high school only to have to explain a few days later what he really meant was I want to be an oc.
Farmers6
Prepare to eat poop!! It's going to happen!
45-70Ag
AG
I'm holding out that the oc will be someone different, just not spurrier.
CorpsAg11
AG
quote:
I'm holding out that the oc will be someone different, just not spurrier.
I believe the bet was if we have an OC next season, you have to eat Rojo's poop
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
So spurrier wrote a note this week explaining he would volunteer coach at a high school only to have to explain a few days later what he really meant was I want to be an oc.
You left out the second part...

quote:
When I mentioned I may coach again, I meant possibly as a volunteer coach at a high school. After thirty years as a head coach, I positively know that my head coaching career is finished.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article47391880.html#storylink=cpy
He said his head coaching career is finished.
kammrath
AG
quote:

He said his head coaching career is finished.
kammrath
AG
About an hour ago on premium someone posted about some more smoke in regard to Spav, Sumlin, and Spurrier....

Already over 100 replies and almost 4000 views.
Ag pride
AG
quote:
About an hour ago on premium someone posted about some more smoke in regard to Spav, Sumlin, and Spurrier....

Just read that thread......it's got about 100 times less credibility than this one, and that's saying something
Wabs
AG
quote:

kammrath
AG
quote:
quote:

Just read that thread......it's got about 100 times less credibility than this one, and that's saying something
Famous Shoes
AG
Rojo is full of Sheet!
Ag pride
AG
Solid gifs by both of you
Flashdiaz
AG
kammrath
AG
quote:
Rojo is full of Sheet!
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:
quote:

Has over 70 stars in a little over an hour
CorpsAg11
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Has over 70 stars in a little over an hour
That was actually a post making fun of the OP, not the OP's post
kg.ag.13
AG
He edited it to say it wasn't really smoke, just his personal take.
ArmyDoc
AG
What happened to Rojo's post at the beginning of this thread? I feel as though I have read every page a few times and haven't seen this brought up. It doesn't say it was edited, the post has just simply disappeared.

Apologies if this is just about Germans bombing the moon.

EDIT: NM. It was likely a blank post all along. My mistake.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
What happened to Rojo's post at the beginning of this thread? I feel as though I have read every page a few times and haven't seen this brought up. It doesn't say it was edited, the post has just simply disappeared.

it is......

his first post was blank....just the thread ttitle......then he posted the first content about 10 posts down. The one with 414 blue stars.
AggieAuditor
AG
quote:

Poof!
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Rojo is full of Sheet!
Thanks you, Mr Barnes.
End Of Message
AG
quote:
Rojo is full of Sheet!
MFBarnes?!?!?!
Magpie
Sure sounds to me like it will be Spurrier. I would never have thought of it. Never. But he and Sumlin are friends. And I can't quite believe the OBC has lost it in the offensive department. A splash hire, that's for sure. That would also allow him to keep Spav on as QB coach and as the ace recruiter that he is, while having OBC around as a mentor and counselor/consultant in the QB department.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.