Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Early Christmas present for Aggies: the new OC is HUGE

358,030 Views | 1432 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 45-70Ag
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Looch tweeted me back and said he "does not see this happening. No."

#itsallaboutthezoo but I'm down for rumor and would love it to be true.
Whose side are you on?!?

Edit: Click the timestamp for Looch's reply...
Frisco - Ag
AG
Wow
welborn
I'm not out to make Looch look bad and understand his position. I just wanted to see if he'd even address publicly and he did. I asked his opinion and he gave it. He's not on the hook by his response to me nor should he be. He'll formally address it at an appropriate time if this all goes down.

Rojo is on the hook for the affirmation & lord knows who is feeding him info. It's a fun rumor to kick around though.
GarryowenAg
AG
Tomorrow's a new day = more speculation = 0 productivity
Wildcat
AG
quote:
quote:

Looch said there was no way Chavis would happen either.

Confirmed, Spurrier it is.

There is no truth to the rumor that Steve Spurrier will be the next OC at Texas A&M [/Chip Liucci]
welborn
quote:
quote:

Whose side are you on?!?

I'd take HBC in a heartbeat so I guess y'all's side.

Edit: Click the timestamp for Looch's reply...
fooz
quote:
Do everyone on this thread a favor, and either put your money where your mouth is (poop slap bet), or gtfo.

Stop trying to talk down to the people on this thread like you are so much smarter/more informed than everyone else, unless you want to post your IQ (so we can all have a laugh) or post the name of your (imaginary) source.

There was no chance that Spurrier would go to South Carolina until he did. Most you are probably don't even remember how historically terrible that program had been until Spurrier came along.

If he can make a program like that relevant, he can make us title contenders.

Just flag all of his posts as trolling and they will go away.
(Removed:110240)
AG
So you assume that only you and people who think like you can be correct as you're the only ones with BS meters.

Arrogance for sure. Are you certain you aren't a sip?

Lou Holtz had his career die at South Carolina. He went 33-37. His final three seasons were 5-7, 5-7, and 6-5. You think the recruits were flocking there?

Spurrier had been out of coaching for several years when Lou Holtz retired. I say again, NO ONE thought Spurrier was going to South Carolina until he did.

Yes, I think the Head Coach position at South Carolina at the time is comparable in prestige to our OC position.
CrottyKid
AG
This is starting to feel like a leak test.
aggiehawg
AG
Okay, if Looch is saying it's not Spurrier, then who is being whispered about??

The one completely unacceptable option here is keeping Spavital as OC.

There must be some smoke that a change is somewhere along in the process, right??
AgsLv44
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Rojo,

What were the two major hurdles?
Not mine to disclose.
Deez Nuts

Wrong gif (courtesy of JoshAgof11)

That 2nd gif - greatness!
Ridge14
quote:

Would be pretty good. I read on TOS that the AD was trying to determine the identity of two posters that had previously posted insider information about the team to the boards.
Boiling Denim
quote:

There must be some smoke that a change is somewhere along in the process, right??
He's toeing the company line by not saying anything about a position currently occupied.

He's not going to speculate until there's an actual opening to fill which there most likely won't be until the new hire is already a done deal.
Frisco - Ag
AG
Our AD is not that sharp
welborn
quote:
quote:

Would be pretty good. I read on TOS that the AD was trying to determine the identity of two posters that had previously posted insider information about the team to the boards.

Surely the AD has better things to do with their time. If not, they're inept at keeping their own people in line.
E.KingTrill
quote:
It's a mole hunt.

welborn
quote:
quote:

He's toeing the company line by not saying anything about a position currently occupied.

He's not going to speculate until there's an actual opening to fill which there most likely won't be until the new hire is already a done deal.

Perfect post.
Motel California
S
Can someone add in Spurrier's face into that Gif? Maybe where Alan's face is...
JJxvi
AG
quote:

I wouldn't hold your breath for anything to happen or any real rumor mill to get started until we actually have an opening at OC.
CrottyKid
AG
A lot of people are already going to drop their season tickets. That number might increase dramatically if we keep our current offensive coordinator.
AggieAuditor
AG
I wonder if Robert Joh has any idea he's semi-famous?
Ridge14
quote:
quote:
quote:

Surely the AD has better things to do with their time. If not, they're inept at keeping their own people in line.

I would hope so too but TOS staff confirmed it and reassured the posters that they wouldn't reveal any posters identity to the AD.
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
quote:
Welcome to Aggieland, Steve Spurrier. Texas A&M's new OC.

Rojo

Is this a signed deal, in the books?

He already addressed this and said he wouldn't speak for Sumlin.
welborn
quote:
I wonder if Robert Joh has any idea he's semi-famous?

I see what you did there. Weird, no Twitter but...:::
Cappy407
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Welcome to Aggieland, Steve Spurrier. Texas A&M's new OC.

Rojo

Is this a signed deal, in the books?

He already addressed this and said he wouldn't speak for Sumlin.

If announcing the new OC isn't speaking for Sumlin, I don't know what is.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:

I wouldn't hold your breath for anything to happen or any real rumor mill to get started until we actually have an opening at OC.
This is just an odd coaching carousel. There are so many HC vacancies that the coordinator positions are not being discussed at all. Few are even getting fired or interviewing publicly. The season is over except for the CCGs, that's 8 teams in the P5.

Hard to believe that the conversations haven't already occurred regarding whether they are retained or not. Especially with the recruiting trail right now.
JJxvi
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is just an odd coaching carousel. There are so many HC vacancies that the coordinator positions are not being discussed at all. Few are even getting fired or interviewing publicly. The season is over except for the CCGs, that's 8 teams in the P5.

Hard to believe that the conversations haven't already occurred regarding whether they are retained or not. Especially with the recruiting trail right now.
Coordinator vacancies usually filled after bowls, head coaches usually before bowls. Few coordinators are going to commit to a coordinator job while head coaching options are still out there, and even if you arent a candidate a better job might open from coaches taking head jobs rather than taking the first offer on december 1.
Reginald Cousins
S
Your issue is with Rojo and what was said. Not me friend.
cannonfodder02
AG
TIL

The most likely origin of the term goes back to the wooden decked ships of the British Royal Navy during the late 17th or early 18th century. Barefooted seamen had to stand at attention for inspection and had to line up on deck along the seams of the wooden planks, hence to "toe the line". The first mention of this use in literature stems from a story about navy life widely published in 1831 and written by Captain Basil Hall RN. Hall served in the Royal Navy from 1802.

On some military parade-grounds there are white lines marked, along which soldiers form up, with their toes just touching the line.

FriscoKid
AG
This should be great. I would love you to tell ms hawg how CFB works!
Cappy407
AG
quote:
Your issue is with Rojo and what was said. Not me friend.

Correct. I realize you were just quoting him.

While I tend to believe Rojo, it's seems like a cop out to announce the OC, but then turn around and say he's unwilling to speak for Sumlin. Given what he said about his Chavis announcement being a bit early last time and causing issues, I'm assuming the ink is all but dry and we won't hear much more from Rojo until it's announced officially.
The New Kyle Field
Reginald Cousins
LPMFTAC_2015
AG
Rojo does NOT know who the next OC is. Especially if he's saying it will be Spurrier. At least I hope that isn't true.
Aggielandma12
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.