Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Early Christmas present for Aggies: the new OC is HUGE

358,027 Views | 1432 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 45-70Ag
Post removed:
by user
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
It's not true. It's all made up, and it doesnt take much genius to see that regardless of whatever supporting factoids you can make up that may or may not go along with it. At second 3rd, 4th, 25th "blush" its still a bunch of garbage,

He was right about Chavis when staff specifically said he was wrong.

Why would he be right about that and decide to troll you about this? He has a track record, it's not as if it's a new sock coming out of nowhere with no bona fides...
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
I suspect that rojo knows someone that is involved with drawing up the contracts/employment paperwork. Someone low on the totem pole, but involved with the rubber meeting the road. That person's knowledge, by definition, would be impeccable.

However, I really don't care... Just glad a brother is willing to share!
The lawyers generally know who are on the target lists as they review existing contracts for candidate coaches.

Where are the legal staff's offices??
1876er
AG
quote:
quote:
It's not true. It's all made up, and it doesnt take much genius to see that regardless of whatever supporting factoids you can make up that may or may not go along with it. At second 3rd, 4th, 25th "blush" its still a bunch of garbage,

Why would he be right about that and decide to troll you about this? He has a track record, it's not as if it's a new sock coming out of nowhere with no bona fides...

It happens with every coaching search. People float names so they can laugh behind their computer when people buy in. He floated a wild name from a conference foe, and it actually turned out right.
JavierC2005
Rojo = Barnes.
zmurda
I also think staff has possibly fallen out of favor a bit with the football program, at least as far as knowing inside info (NOT a knock on staff AT ALL...I only say that because Billy and company have had to give tough criticisms like we all have with the lack of on-field results. That is going to create some tension naturally. I still think TA has AMAZING sources, but the very high sources and relationships have likely soured a bit due to TA having to talk about reality in regards to the football team).

So, this may truly be new info to us all....
bert harbinson
AG
quote:
quote:
I suspect that rojo knows someone that is involved with drawing up the contracts/employment paperwork. Someone low on the totem pole, but involved with the rubber meeting the road. That person's knowledge, by definition, would be impeccable.

However, I really don't care... Just glad a brother is willing to share!
The lawyers generally know who are on the target lists as they review existing contracts for candidate coaches.

Where are the legal staff's offices??
Lawyers...that certainly explains the "low places" reference. No offense to you personally, madam.
MooreTrucker
AG

quote:
It happens with every coaching search. People float names so they can laugh behind their computer when people buy in. He floated a wild name from a conference foe, and it actually turned out right.

That's as much nonsense as anything else said on this thread. Discounting that he got it right as nothing but lucky speculation? Out of the dozens (or more) names he could have pulled out, he just HAPPENED to hit on the right one, especially one that nobody saw coming but him?
Post removed:
by user
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ok, so you believe he just guessed it right? Texags staff and other insiders specifically said, 2 days prior to the Chavis hire, that Chavis was absolutely not a candidate, and yet rojo refuted it and said they were wrong, it was a done deal... In the face of "insider" guarantees that he didn't know what he was talking about. That's a hell of a good guess.

If he's correct again, will it be another lucky guess?
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

That's as much nonsense as anything else said on this thread. Discounting that he got it right as nothing but lucky speculation? Out of the dozens (or more) names he could have pulled out, he just HAPPENED to hit on the right one, especially one that nobody saw coming but him?
This BMF gets it!
I'm going to print and frame this if you don't mind.
ffmedic87
Please no.. One visor on the sidelines in enough... Richt wants to go back to being an OC/QB coach and play caller.. I'm all for that. I would even be ok with gasp/gulp Major...
Dr. Faustus
AG
In.
JJxvi
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ok, so you believe he just guessed it right? Texags staff and other insiders specifically said, 2 days prior to the Chavis hire, that Chavis was absolutely not a candidate, and yet rojo refuted it and said they were wrong, it was a done deal... In the face of "insider" guarantees that he didn't know what he was talking about. That's a hell of a good guess.

The one thing I know for sure is that when he's wrong again, it'll all be put down to "it was going to happen but it fell apart at the last minute!" and not any admission that he was full of ****.
Post removed:
by user
JJxvi
Lonestar1
ktweaverbird
Page 1!
Cappy407
MsDoubleD81
AG
I kinda want rojo to be right......just because. Nothing else.
zmurda
it blows my mind that anyone tries to attack rojo on this thread. Just see how it pans out. Either he's trolling or he's not...I think he's not trolling personally. Either way, just ENJOY THE RIDE busters
jagvocate
AG
The contracts connection would make sense, except for AggieRojo posted a lot last year in the wake of his Chavis call about being correct about Kyler's recommitment and Daylon's silent commitment, things that a legal contact probably wouldn't be talking about ...
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The one thing I know for sure is that when he's wrong again, it'll all be put down to "it was going to happen but it fell apart at the last minute!" and not any admission that he was full of ****.

One thing "you know"? You don't have a clue who the next OC is going to be. And that's a fact jack.

Rojo knows someone and something. Maybe you should stick to premium if it bothers you this much.
UntoldSpirit
AG
The thing that makes it slightly plausible is that Spurrier himself said he would enjoy being an assistant after retirement. Put that together with 1: he has a good relationship with both Sumlin and our athletic director, 2: we are willing to pay a lot of money, 3: he is relatively in tune with the culture here and we are in the SEC, and 4: he sees a lot of offensive talent now and on the way

you have to admit that it is at least plausible.

What's almost more implausible is that we would want him. But I guess that's not too surprising either.
AG
quote:
The contracts connection would make sense, except for AggieRojo posted a lot last year in the wake of his Chavis call about being correct about Kyler's recommitment and Daylon's silent commitment, things that a legal contact probably wouldn't be talking about ...

Interesting point.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
Page 1!

I don't think you know how to count.
zmurda
quote:
The thing that makes it slightly plausible is that Spurrier himself said he would enjoy being an assistant after retirement. Put that together with 1: he has a good relationship with both Sumlin and our athletic director, 2: we are willing to pay a lot of money, 3: he is relatively in tune with the culture here and we are in the SEC, and 4: he sees a lot of offensive talent now and on the way

you have to admit that it is at least plausible.

What's almost more implausible is that we would want him. But I guess that's not too surprising either.
yeah all of those things and the best facilities/stadium in the country and best fans. Biased I know, but blatantly true. Spurrier has always spoken highly of us when he's had the chance.
BeefAg_00~
Moore Hall Truckers
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Compliance????? Mostly lawyers there too, correct??
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

This BMF gets it!
I'm going to print and frame this if you don't mind.
Go for it! I still feel like pouring some out for the ole hall. Shame they had to neuter it, kill it and finally dance on its grave by putting that Commons clone where that glorious dorm once stood.
I lived in Moore and my dad lived in Dorm 16 which became Crocker. When they went down, I bought a brick from each of them for us.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Moore Hall Truckers
Bad Mother Fu**ers!!
R_Shackleford
AG
A=1, B=2...Z=26

Rojo, if you are who I think you are, your first and last names add up to 103. Am I right?

I won't out you. Trying to convince myself you're in the know because waiting for announcements isn't working for me.
AG
quote:
quote:
Compliance????? Mostly lawyers there too, correct??

Naaawwww....a lawyer with loose lips? Couldn't be...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.