Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Early Christmas present for Aggies: the new OC is HUGE

357,913 Views | 1432 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 45-70Ag
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

quote:
Looks like a swag, splash hire.

Lincoln Riley would've been a great hire.

Why would Lincoln Riley leave OU for a lateral move to A&M?

So dumb.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
quote:
I do not know Billy, nor any of his employees, on a personal, first name basis
Yet you used his first name here instead of his wildly accepted nickname, "looch"?

SOMETHING DOESNT ADD UP! IS THIS ANOTHER CLUE!?
Sea Gull
AG
When is this happening?
fieldtrailer
AG
quote:
Rojo is the man.
the way everyone is listening to him, he may be the antichrist.
Goose
AG
quote:
Now, focus on a blue chip recruit coming on campus and given this introduction:

"Please meet The Swag, the Chief, the Ball Coach, the 105,000 12th Man, the new Kyle Field, the SEC, and a fine education at Texas A&M that includes membership in the Aggie family for life. Any questions? Great, sign here, and let's win an NC."

Why wait for the on campus visit? I'm picturing Sumlin, The Chief, and the OBC all piling out of the swagger copter together at the kid's high school as they go town to town signing up top tier talent.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
The Prophet Rojo has spoken.
MSFC Aggie
AG
quote:
So confused at this point, would we be happy with Spurrier? Please tell me how I should feel. TIA
Will either be a homerun....or an epic fail. Either way, it should define Summy's future at A&M.
rcannaday
AG
This thread has gone on way to long not to have some merit. I wonder if it helps us land some stud O line prospects which we really really need...
AG
quote:
quote:
Rojo is the man.
the way everyone is listening to him, he may be the antichrist.

So you're saying he's got some pull?
Drake aTm
Drake aTm
AG
This thread
NMOK2004
Charlie Weis... In
TexasAggiesWin
S
I'm still wondering what benefit is produced by information like this being 'leaked' early on TexAgs?
Sbisa Chef
Talking points for national media / offseason buzz / bettering our bowl position.
Farmers6
Simple. Rojo will reveal himself one day.
wood2007
quote:
I'm still wondering what benefit is produced by information like this being 'leaked' early on TexAgs?
The joy of knowing we won't have to watch a Spav-led offense again next year. The sooner we know that, the sooner we can be excited about next season as opposed to dreading watching the offense step on the field.
JJxvi
AG
I hope this Spurrier stuff is some kind of purposeful misdirection, because if some of you actually believe it...well...wow.
GinMan
AG
In like flynn...
SlackerAg
AG
quote:
I used to work for Texas A&M in some capacity for several years, I am a third generation Aggie, and I do hold an engineering degree from Texas A&M.

Rojo = Loftin
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
The joy of knowing we won't have to watch a Spav-led offense again next year. The sooner we know that, the sooner we can be excited about next season as opposed to dreading watching the offense step on the field.
next season???

heck if he is correct and it is a done deal Spurrier can coach the few weeks of practice before the bowl game!!!!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
I used to work for Texas A&M in some capacity for several years, I am a third generation Aggie, and I do hold an engineering degree from Texas A&M.

Rojo = Loftin
Loftin's degree was in Physics.
Stmichael
AG
Hell yes. Do it. Go for broke. If it works, it works in spectacular fashion and we shock the world. If it doesn't, you probably get similar results to what we would have gotten with most other realistic hires this year. Remember, it's a coaches market with all the head coaching jobs up for grabs. Just about every other name that has been thrown out there is either a candidate for a head coaching job, already a head coach and not yet been fired, or has already accepted one of the vacant head coaching jobs (Meacham is reportedly taking the UNT job.)

If this is true, Sumlin is going all in on the Turn hoping the River saves him. And honestly, if his welcome wears out after another poor showing next year, there's no reason not to go big like this.
aggiehawg
AG
I think Spurrier is still technically employed at South Carolina until the end of December.
Hu11abaloo
AG
quote:
quote:
So confused at this point, would we be happy with Spurrier? Please tell me how I should feel. TIA
Will either be a homerun....or an epic fail. Either way, it should define Summy's future at A&M.
Will define Rojo's future on this board. The outcome of this hire weighing on Ags even heavier than our DC hiring drama
Mr.KyleReed
AG
wood2007
quote:
quote:
quote:
next season???

heck if he is correct and it is a done deal Spurrier can coach the few weeks of practice before the bowl game!!!!

Right. I was being conservative. IF it is Spurrier, I hope his ass gets here and gets a few weeks of coaching and play creation before the bowl game. If not, everyone and their 3 year old baby will know what our offense is going to do during the bowl game on every play. 3rd and 18 - run play. Definitely. Makes no sense and hasn't worked all season, but that's what the note card in my hand says, so that's what I gotta do. Maybe their D will be asleep this time. Probably not.
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:

I will let you know a few facts about myself - then forget about who I am and concentrate on the great OC we are landing:

I used to work for Texas A&M in some capacity for several years,

I am a third generation Aggie

an engineering degree from Texas A&M.

I just had another son accepted into Texas A&M as a member of the class of 2020.

Rojo is an MFBarnes sock!
agdoc2001
AG
quote:
Hell yes. Do it. Go for broke. If it works, it works in spectacular fashion and we shock the world. If it doesn't, you probably get similar results to what we would have gotten with most other realistic hires this year. Remember, it's a coaches market with all the head coaching jobs up for grabs. Just about every other name that has been thrown out there is either a candidate for a head coaching job, already a head coach and not yet been fired, or has already accepted one of the vacant head coaching jobs (Meacham is reportedly taking the UNT job.)

If this is true, Sumlin is going all in on the Turn hoping the River saves him. And honestly, if his welcome wears out after another poor showing next year, there's no reason not to go big like this.
Exactly.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
zmurda
On what very limited info we now know about rojo....I'm more than confident he'd do a better job at potus than obama
Christopherna11
AG
I feel like we are being trolled.
But if he is right, I think it would work. . Spurrier+Chavis+Sumlim=HUGE recruitment bump
I've read that we don't want to lose Spav because of his "potential and recruiting."
So bring in Spurrier for a few years and let Spav learn under him?
Aggie2022
When is this supposed to go down?
Agnzona
Drake?
agfishfarmer
AG
quote:
Welcome to Aggieland, Steve Spurrier. Texas A&M's new OC.
Took some balls to say this. The things I hear, I keep under my hat for many reasons, mostly job security. I wish I could confirm or deny... but I haven't asked about the topic in a while.
crag
AG
Rojo gets an upvote regardless of whether this is true or not.

Masterful.
Oscar Diggs
AG
quote:
Rojo gets an upvote regardless of whether this is true or not.

Masterful.
Amen

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.