Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Ketogenic Diet

125,749 Views | 868 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Lsprott
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Also how many Whataburgers will I pass over the course of the weekend? Several hundred in my estimation.
I eat at whataburger all the time. I'll order a #2 with cheese, lettuce and pickles; hold the bun. They'll bring it out on a plate with a knife and fork. Sprinkle some salt on it, and i swear it tastes better than eating it with the bun.
Guitarsoup
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Quote:

Also how many Whataburgers will I pass over the course of the weekend? Several hundred in my estimation.
I eat at whataburger all the time. I'll order a #2 with cheese, lettuce and pickles; hold the bun. They'll bring it out on a plate with a knife and fork. Sprinkle some salt on it, and i swear it tastes better than eating it with the bun.
I get a double meat, double cheese and have them put the cheese between the patties, then use the bun to hold it while I eat the meat from in between the buns.
_lefraud_
AG
I get a patty melt without the toast (no fries either) and I feel so much better with that "cheat" meal.
irish pete ag06
AG
_lefraud_ said:

I get a patty melt without the toast (no fries either) and I feel so much better with that "cheat" meal.
Seriously I spend less money at Whataburger now.

Used to be a #1 value sized with cheese or the double meat combo value sized

Now I order a double meat or triple meat with no bun and drink water. Works out to be about the same or less. When I am going through the drive through I order the double or triple with no cheese and add the cheese when I get home. I use pepper jack or colby jack and it has less carbs and is tastier than the american processed cheese they use.
irish pete ag06
AG
Haha! That's awesome!
irish pete ag06
AG
Yes. We eat whataburger more often now too than other fast foods we used to rotate through and my wife and I both swear we prefer eating it that way also, now.
Guitarsoup
AG
What other fast foods do you guys get while in Ketosis?

ChickFilA Grilled Nuggets with ranch work, but they aren't that good.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
In N Out Double Double protein style (lettuce wrap instead of a bun)

I like whataburger more than in n out, but it's nice that theyll wrap the burger so you don't have to eat it with a knife and fork.

Chipotle... no beans no rice.
Guitarsoup
AG
Pinto beans at Chipotle aren't terrible. Plus they have this handy calculator.

https://www.chipotle.com/nutrition-calculator#
AggieGunslinger
AG
Teriyaki chicken from Panda Express, ala carte with sauce on the side is pretty good quality for fast food.

Slim Chickens grilled chicken salad with ranch no croutons no onion strings

Ag97
AG
I do a lot of subway salads with double meat for fast food. Chicken bacon ranch is my favorite. I've tried eating a burger without the bun while driving, and it's just a dang mess.

I'm eating eggs like they are going out of style. I probably average 4 to 6 a day in varying recipes. I usually start my day with a 3 egg scrambler with bacon, mushrooms, spinach, smoked gouda cheese. I'll throw in a slab of butter and teaspoon of green chilli to the bacon and mushrooms while they are cooking to really favor it up and make it rich. Takes me less than 15 minutes to get everything out of the fridge and cooked.

Speaking of mushrooms, those things are becoming a go to food for me for meals. I love them and they work good as filler. Saute them with butter, garlic, lawry' s and black pepper and I can eat them alone doe a meal and be perfectly satisfied along with a salad.

We've been doing a lot of cauliflower and broccoli along with a mayo/cream cheese dill dip. Cauliflower may be the most filling thing I eat. About a cup of cauliflower and I don't feel the need to eat much more.

The sweet tooth is a bit of an issue still, but sugar free jello is my best bet to satiate it. I've done a few spoonfuls of Halo top every now and then, but the carbs add up pretty fast with that.

I wish fast food restraunts would start adding KETO foods like lettuce raps to their menus.
irish pete ag06
AG
Some have already been mentioned, but here's my list:

• Whataburger - doubles or triples with no bun
  • Subway - Double meat chopped salads
  • Sonic - breakfast burrito no tortilla
  • McDonalds - (sparingly) mcdoubles no bun or ketchup
  • Chickfila - 12 count grilled nugget, 8 count regular nugget (total is like 9-10 net carbs, don't do this often)
  • Wings - while not fast food, I eat wings often for a going out food.
Sully
AG
Ag97 said:

The sweet tooth is a bit of an issue still, but sugar free jello is my best bet to satiate it.

Our go to fat bomb is:
1/2 Cup coconut oil
1/2 Cup peanut butter (Laura Scudder's)
2 Tbs cacao powder
3 Tbs Swerve (confectioners)
1/4 Tsp vanilla

Melt, freeze and enjoy! This does a GREAT job of keeping our cravings in check.
irish pete ag06
AG
Sully said:

Ag97 said:

The sweet tooth is a bit of an issue still, but sugar free jello is my best bet to satiate it.

Our go to fat bomb is:
1/2 Cup coconut oil
1/2 Cup peanut butter (Laura Scudder's)
2 Tbs cacao powder
3 Tbs Swerve (confectioners)
1/4 Tsp vanilla

Melt, freeze and enjoy! This does a GREAT job of keeping our cravings in check.

I have been keto for nearly half a year now and haven't made a "fat bomb" yet. I think I'm gonna try tonight.
nashvilleaggie11
Started keto diet on Monday after being inspired by my sister who has been on it for about 10 days. I feel great...doesn't feel like a diet and I really do have more energy. I've tried lots of diets over the years and this truly feels like a lifestyle change I can certainly do. Believe it or not, I'm not a huge fan of bacon so that is a little difficult but there are plenty of other things I can eat for the protein.
atag
AG
Yeah I agree....in fact when I'm at work I honestly have to remind myself to eat. I get so busy that I don't even think about food because my energy level is so high and my cravings are virtually kill. It's honestly my favorite thing about this diet. My only concern is how to maintain my weight when I hit my target...and I'm not far from it only two weeks in.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Wendy's 1/4 lb beef patties are $1 a la carte. Sprinkle a little salt on them and you're good to go. Lunch for $5.50 or less.
Max Power
AG
Here's my go to fat bomb, I haven't had one better than this, if you need to satisfy your sweet tooth trust me.

Keto peanut butter fudge fat bomb

.5 cup coconut oil
.5 cup peanut butter(I use chunky)
4 oz cream cheese
.5 cup powdered swerve
.25 cup collagen peptides or other unflavored protein powder
.25 teaspoon vanilla
.25 teaspoon maple extract

Slowly melt the coconut oil, peanut butter, and cream cheese in a pot on the stove, takes a while for the cream cheese to fully melt and combine. I've actually melted it till it boils and that might have helped it combine better. Take off the heat and add the swerve and protein gradually till fully combined, finish with the extracts. Distribute into a cupcake pan, make sure you use foil liners, not just paper. Keep these in the fridge, not freezer. If you don't have maple extract, get some.
Garrelli 5000
AG
My favorite fat bomb - cookie dough balls.

It says 1/2 cup of butter or coconut oil - I used 1/2 cup of butter and felt they were too dry, so I added 2 Tbsp of coconut oil and continued mixing.

I keep in a zip lock bag in the fridge.

Routine: Open fridge, open bag, grab 1 ball. Close door. Stand in front of fridge and savor. Open fridge, open bag, grab 1 more ball. Walk away and eat the 2nd even slower.

It's hard to not grab the entire bag and eat them in 1 sitting.

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/low-carb-keto-protein-cookie-dough-bites-recipe/

Take the trash out staff.
JamesBREI06
AG
Haven't posted in awhile, ended up having a kid and eating like crap and getting too stressed from work, back at it again.

From 205-162 over the course of February 2016-September 2017.

From 162-206 from September 2017-March 2018.... back down two 197 in two weeks. Majority of weight gained October to December.

Let this be a cautionary tale! Back feeling good in ketosis
Whoop!
Guitarsoup
AG
I've been in and out of Keto for 7 years and have never had a fat bomb.
FbgTxAg
AG
I don't crave those kinds of sweets.

Hand-squeezed top-shelf margaritas on the other hand....
txagfisher
AG
Im a little over 3 weeks into Keto and have gone from 214 - 199. I have no issue going without bread or sweets, but not being able to drink milk has been killing me. Used to go through a gallon and a half a week before i started Keto.
irish pete ag06
AG
txagfisher said:

Im a little over 3 weeks into Keto and have gone from 214 - 199. I have no issue going without bread or sweets, but not being able to drink milk has been killing me. Used to go through a gallon and a half a week before i started Keto.

I've dabbled with unsweetened almond milk and sometimes add a little heavy whipping cream to it.
irish pete ag06
AG
Guitarsoup said:

7 years! How and why did you start it 7 years ago. I had never even heard of this until about 7 months ago.
txagfisher
AG
Thanks. Im gonna look into it!
JamesBREI06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Guitarsoup said:

7 years! How and why did you start it 7 years ago. I had never even heard of this until about 7 months ago.

This WOE is actually very old. A bunch of body builders in the 80s pimped it as well
Whoop!
Geriatric Punk
AG
Always have some of these in the freezer. Great for when you need a treat, but don't want diabetes.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
irish pete ag06
AG
inoffensive username said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Guitarsoup said:

This WOE is actually very old. A bunch of body builders in the 80s pimped it as well

I know it's been around for a long time but seems to have become much more mainstreamed in the last 12 months.
Guitarsoup
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Guitarsoup said:

I had to give up soccer, which was my main (only?) form of exercise for about 20 years after I blew out my shoulder (broken ball of the humerus, torn rotator cuff, torn labrum.) Then started adding on weight. Couldn't find a diet where I could eat Pizza, Chicken Fried Steak and french fries all the time, but did find one where I could eat BBQ, bacon, cheeseburgers (without the bun) and fathead pizza all the time.

Over time, I have tweaked it to make it healthier and not rely so much on red meats to eat more super foods like spinach, walnuts, EVOO, etc.
irish pete ag06
AG
Guitarsoup said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Guitarsoup said:

I had to give up soccer, which was my main (only?) form of exercise for about 20 years after I blew out my shoulder (broken ball of the humerus, torn rotator cuff, torn labrum.) Then started adding on weight. Couldn't find a diet where I could eat Pizza, Chicken Fried Steak and french fries all the time, but did find one where I could eat BBQ, bacon, cheeseburgers (without the bun) and fathead pizza all the time.

Over time, I have tweaked it to make it healthier and not rely so much on red meats to eat more super foods like spinach, walnuts, EVOO, etc.

Got ya. Is red meat really all that bad for you? Seems like the stuff I read is that overdosing on carbs along with bad fats is the recipe for heart disease. Red meat minus the carb inflammation seems to be good now.
Guitarsoup
AG
Eating it 14x/week and not eating a lot of veggies is probably bad for you, even if you are staying under 20 carbs/day.

I eat it 2-3x week now and try to get my calories from healthier sources. I'm also avoiding nitrates, so no processed meat/deli meat and mainly eat whole/fresh foods.

Most lunches will be 2-3 cups of fresh spinach with EVOO and Apple Cider Vinegar with walnuts or a nut mix (walnuts/macadamians/almonds), feta or goat cheese, blueberries and maybe a half a chicken breast if I even eat a protein.

Probably better for me than eating a pound of BBQ without sauce, which is what I used to do.
JamesBREI06
AG
I full-heartedly believe the demonization of red meat is out of the liberal agenda playbook.
Whoop!
irish pete ag06
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Eating it 14x/week and not eating a lot of veggies is probably bad for you, even if you are staying under 20 carbs/day.

I eat it 2-3x week now and try to get my calories from healthier sources. I'm also avoiding nitrates, so no processed meat/deli meat and mainly eat whole/fresh foods.

Most lunches will be 2-3 cups of fresh spinach with EVOO and Apple Cider Vinegar with walnuts or a nut mix (walnuts/macadamians/almonds), feta or goat cheese, blueberries and maybe a half a chicken breast if I even eat a protein.

Probably better for me than eating a pound of BBQ without sauce, which is what I used to do.

Probably right. But that pound of BBQ no sauce is better than a half pound with sauce and 2 starchy sides plus bread.
irish pete ag06
AG
Taco Casa is another fast food joint that makes the good list.

Ordered 2 tacos in a bowl and they did it no problem and it was great.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.