2024 Omaha Scoreboard (6/14 - 6/24)

107,262 Views | 1835 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by CapCityAg89
AggieBiker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Best explanation yet. Thank you.
htxag09
AG
BohunkAg said:

StinkyPinky said:

htxag09 said:

BohunkAg said:

RED AG 98 said:

Yes. Cags was starting pitcher and DH. He can stay in.
Well, that's not the case. He was just the pitcher hitting. They had no DH...and will not have one for the rest of the game.

If they have no DH how did Cags, a guy who's not playing the field, just hit, well walk? Or are we just arguing semantics and what the position is called now?
You gave it right. When Cags was pitching, they had no DH since he was also batting. Now they're using him as the DH after the pitching change
I guess I didn't realize in college you could go from being a position player to being a DH. You couldn't do that in the pros when the DH was utilized there.

Pretty sure that just changed in the pros and is what's referred to as the ohtani rule.
StinkyPinky
AG
RED AG 98 said:

StinkyPinky said:

htxag09 said:

BohunkAg said:

RED AG 98 said:

Well, that's not the case. He was just the pitcher hitting. They had no DH...and will not have one for the rest of the game.

If they have no DH how did Cags, a guy who's not playing the field, just hit, well walk? Or are we just arguing semantics and what the position is called now?
You gave it right. When Cags was pitching, they had no DH since he was also batting. Now they're using him as the DH after the pitching change

Ehh, when Cags is pitching he is still written in the DH spot. He's both until he exits the game as pitcher and then he is DH only.
Still feels like semantics
Sharpshooter
AG
One swing and a tie.
Sharpshooter
AG
Edging closer.
RED AG 98
AG
Yes. New MLB rule in '22.
RED AG 98
AG
StinkyPinky said:

RED AG 98 said:

StinkyPinky said:

htxag09 said:

BohunkAg said:

RED AG 98 said:

Ehh, when Cags is pitching he is still written in the DH spot. He's both until he exits the game as pitcher and then he is DH only.

Lol baseball folks and semantics go hand in hand. You need precise rules to keep a proper scorebook.

This distinction is what allows him to stay in the game as DH, not something another position player can do.
AgEng06
AG
Are both teams on their 2nd pitcher now, or is someone on the 3rd?
StinkyPinky
AG
RED AG 98 said:

StinkyPinky said:

RED AG 98 said:

StinkyPinky said:

htxag09 said:

BohunkAg said:

RED AG 98 said:

Lol baseball folks and semantics go hand in hand. You need precise rules to keep a proper scorebook.

This distinction is what allows him to stay in the game as DH, not something another position player can do.
thats fair
BadMoonRisin
AG
nice catch
dabo man
AG
Beautiful catch in RF. Have seen some outstanding catches in this tournament.
AggieBiker
AG
Great effort on that catch and even better success.
cr06gis
AG
what a catch
BadMoonRisin
AG
i think that was the same kid who got robbed by Jace. Bad beat.
Decay
AG
Imagine making that face twice in the same tourney
RED AG 98
AG
Nice play!

And this NCST pitcher could be a Hemsworth brother.
Sean98
AG
I'm not able to follow along very well today... Ball flying better? Or these balls just being crushed?
GarryowenAg
AG
NCST batter tried bunting twice during his AB with bases empty and no outs and he drew a walk. I'm so confused!
RED AG 98
AG
Curland clearly needs to go somewhere other than RF.

I vote he goes backs to Gainesville
StinkyPinky
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Sucker!
dabo man
AG
Wind is blowing in. The ball Cags hit out was 116 mph off of the bat.
AgEng06
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Yes, it was.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Someone jinxed the insane wind blowing in on another thread, so naturally HRs immediately started getting cracked.
Sharpshooter
AG
GarryowenAg said:

NCST batter tried bunting twice during his AB with bases empty and no outs and he drew a walk. I'm so confused!
RED AG 98
AG
Sean98 said:

I'm not able to follow along very well today... Ball flying better? Or these balls just being crushed?

Still blowing in but they are both barreling it up. 3 bombs today and despite attestations otherwise only one was Cags.
AgEng06
AG
Aaannnd then an awful bunt.
Sharpshooter
AG
WTF was that?
BohunkAg
AG
htxag09 said:

BohunkAg said:

StinkyPinky said:

htxag09 said:

BohunkAg said:

RED AG 98 said:

I guess I didn't realize in college you could go from being a position player to being a DH. You couldn't do that in the pros when the DH was utilized there.

Pretty sure that just changed in the pros and is what's referred to as the ohtani rule.
Ah ok
Sharpshooter
AG
State is digging their own grave.
AgEng06
AG
He actually may have been safe at 2nd.
BohunkAg
AG
I think he may have been safe at second
Sean98
AG
dabo man said:

Wind is blowing in. The ball Cags hit out was 116 mph off of the bat.
Gracias. The guys that hit em all have real power, just didn't know, thanks.
LB12Diamond
AG
AgEng06 said:

He actually may have been safe at 2nd.

Yes

No reason to not review that one with both your challenges this late in the game.
94chem
Love the stupid white guy Subaru ad. Of course, we know who Subaru's real market is.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Sharpshooter
AG
Bar that stupid Cag HR early, just imagine.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.