2024 Omaha Scoreboard (6/14 - 6/24)

101,838 Views | 1835 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by CapCityAg89
Onionman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like it will be an all SEC final unless Tenn chokes.
AggieBiker
AG
Going to be tough for UT to lose two. Let's hope they lose one and have to play a game two while we win straight through. I bet we agree on that.
Onionman
I was shocked there was no challenge in the NC St game at 2nd just like I was shocked Florida did not challenge the potential out at 3rd against us.

I like debating strategy and logic and don't mean to come off too harsh. I respect your opinion too. Really hope Ags can pull another win tonite.

Decay
AG
Onionman said:

I was shocked there was no challenge in the NC St game at 2nd just like I was shocked Florida did not challenge the potential out at 3rd against us.

I like debating strategy and logic and don't mean to come off too harsh. I respect your opinion too. Really hope Ags can pull another win tonite.

Florida there's at least some reason - they did use 1 already so you're going to be a little more cautious. Also there was that other thing happening.

NCState I really don't know why they didn't. I'm guessing postgame we'll get an answer.

edit: postgame for NC State is on now. I'll see if they mention it.

2nd edit: they did not ask but someone in the comments said that the Gators suck and shouldn't be in the tournament. So there's that.
W
AG
SEC >>> ACC

no doubt about that
tjack16
AG
Guaranteed at least final 5. That's a nice feeling

Just think before Schloss it was "I'm just happy to be in Omaha and 1 win would be amazing"
LB12Diamond
AG
tjack16 said:

Just think before Schloss it was "I'm just happy to be in Omaha and 1 win would be amazing"

What are you talking about? Who in the world said that one?
tjack16
AG
LB12Diamond said:

tjack16 said:

What are you talking about? Who in the world said that one?

A lot of people have that sentiment because we never won there. I remember 2017 everybody was just happy we made it and didn't have any expectation of winning. The last two trips all of us on here have thought we have a legit shot to win it all. That hasn't happened in a long time
W
AG
W said:

W said:

the 2024 team is looking for win #50 tomorrow night vs. the Gators. And then win #51, #52, etc..,

here's how the '24 team looks on the all-time season win list

58 - 1989
53 - 1993
52 - 1988, 1999
51 - 2024
50 - 2015
49 - 2016
updating

looking for win #51 on Monday
updating

looking for win #52 on Wednesday
W
AG
W said:

and the Omaha wins list:

2 - 2022, 2024
1 - 1951, 1993
the program got its second CWS win over a basketball school

Kansas in 93

Kentucky tonight

kind of cool
Smittyfubar
AG
I think you may have put the wrong team on June 18th in our bracket.
Yellerjacket
Smittyfubar said:

I think you may have put the wrong team on June 18th in our bracket.

Man, I was just looking at that. Had me confused!
El Capitan
AG
Should be UF vs UK for Tues elimination game… not UF vs Aggies.
Turf96
May be said above but shows FTA playing both winner and loser game tomorrow and we'd. Lol. Somebody has fat fingers like me. I kid I kid. Thanks for doing these.
jkag89
Sorry y'all, Just noticed, Fixed.
dabo man
AG
Going to be an outstanding day of elimination baseball today, and I am thankful to be above the riffraff and off until tomorrow.
trouble
AG
I'm trying to make a trip work. It's giving me the tired head but I can't just pass up a chance for Max to see Ryan in Omaha.
dabo man
AG
Just get in the car and go. Tanya and I drove to Lincoln in 13 hours back in 2000. I bet the speed limits are higher now.
trouble
AG
I've got a mother-in-law who can't be left alone completely and a dog. We're trying to figure out if we can get that covered so Mr can go with me. We're a 1 car family by choice so I can't just leave with the only vehicle.

I might fly with the boys and overpay to stay walking distance from the park.
dabo man
AG
I'm less than five hours from Omaha, but broke. I've given serious thought to a trip over the weekend, go to one game, drive back far enough I don't have to pay Omaha prices, and get a hotel room that night.

Benny is indifferent to sports, but that's why he has games on his phone.
trouble
AG
It's gonna use up all my fun money for the rest of the year if I do it.
swimmerbabe11
if you fly out of houston, I'll keep the dog for you.
AgLA06
AG
trouble said:

I'm trying to make a trip work. It's giving me the tired head but I can't just pass up a chance for Max to see Ryan in Omaha.
Across the river seems much more affordable for hotels / VRBOs. If you're driving up, might be worth Ubering over and back. I don't know the public parking situation.

There appears to be camping options not far if you have a car and the weather is much nicer. Gas, bring food in a cooler, camp, see the games. Probably the most budget friendly options.
Sea Pony 07
AG
You should totally do it. Would renting a car be an option? It would be cheaper than flying. You can get some decent deals through travelocity with a weekly rental. Drive at night and the kids sleep through most of the drive

trouble
AG
AgLA06 said:

trouble said:

Across the river seems much more affordable for hotels / VRBOs. If you're driving up, might be worth Ubering over and back. I don't know the public parking situation.

I'm getting all that info so I can talk to Mr about it.
AgLA06
AG
I just posted it, but camping just outside of town and driving over for the games could be a really affordable way to do it. Maybe even less that $500 if only pay for gas, camping, bring food / grocery store, and get cheap or SRO tickets.
trouble
AG
I'm a bit too much of a princess to camp. I'm really trying to figure out the driving bit because that's going to be out best option. If I fly, it'll be just me and the boys and we'll need to Uber/walk everywhere.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Can you take your mother in law and the dog with you? Pet fees at hotels are generally 50-100 per stay and quite a few hilton and marriot and kimpton properties allow dogs
FTAG 2000
AG
dabo man said:

I'm less than five hours from Omaha, but broke. I've given serious thought to a trip over the weekend, go to one game, drive back far enough I don't have to pay Omaha prices, and get a hotel room that night.

Benny is indifferent to sports, but that's why he has games on his phone.

Not sure which direction you are but Lincoln usually has much better prices and less than hour drive . Onawa to north. Not sure on other directions.
dabo man
AG
FSU with an RBI single at they're up 1-0 on UNC in the top of 2 with 2 outs. Men still on first and second.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Who are we pulling for between unc and fsu?
dabo man
AG
I'm coming from Columbia, MO (driving through Kansas City). I was thinking I might stop in St. Joseph, MO if I were to pull it off and make the trip. That would depend on ticket prices.

We'll see. We have to reach the weekend first...
trouble
AG
Possibly.
jkag89
UNC since I have them winning that side of the bracket. Also FSU doesn't deserve to win with the ugly unis they've worn so far in Omaha.
AgEng06
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Who are we pulling for between unc and fsu?
Whoever can beat UT.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.