*** 2023 Softball Roster Updates, Transfers, New Signees ***

128,953 Views | 475 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by hipnix
BigBubbaAggie82
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

For every current or now former player and recruit there is a backstory unknown to most of us. If any are not thrilled to be part of the new regime, they and we are advantaged by their leaving or not coming to Aggieland.

The absence of impressive, public talent acquisitions thus far is surprising, but Ford deserves our trust that she will, given a couple of years, rejuvenate a highly disappointing program. Let's embrace the change we greatly desired
Amen to sharpdressedman. I'm behind this coach and her team 100%. I believe the trajectory of this program changed instantly upon her hire. Some may not see that, have doubts and question but I see great things ahead for this program with Ford at the helm.
Colt98
AG
Wow been off the forum for a few days and everyone's panties are in a big wad..

Ford and staff have their work cut out for them. There was zero culture building with the former staff. Massive entitlement issues with players, zero accountability(mainly bc she couldn't afford to hold those certain players accountable)..... There is a reason we had a staff change. Now we all just need to chill a little. We all want our softball program to reach the level we feel it should(talent pool, facilities, conference,etc).

It is a little concerning that none of here players havent followed her yet. I would think in the next couple weeks we will start hearing things. If not soon we may not have enough players to scrimmage in practice. I can say that I know of a current all American from another school that would entertain playing here her last season closer to home, but due to some of our current players attitudes and lack of culture in the past, I don't think she wants to risk being miserable her last year.

And for goodness sake, some of you guys need to take it easier on some folks on here. We all want the same end goal.
KBAGOLFER
sharpdressedman said:

For every current or now former player and recruit there is a backstory unknown to most of us. If any are not thrilled to be part of the new regime, they and we are advantaged by their leaving or not coming to Aggieland.

The absence of impressive, public talent acquisitions thus far is surprising, but Ford deserves our trust that she will, given a couple of years, rejuvenate a highly disappointing program. Let's embrace the change we greatly desired.

Amen, but don't sleep on this off-season yet…

I'd really like her to be on Texags quickly and have an introductory in person press conference/ meet and greet
KayakBassAngling
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

Ford and staff have their work cut out for them. There was zero culture building with the former staff. Massive entitlement issues with players, zero accountability(mainly bc she couldn't afford to hold those certain players accountable)..... There is a reason we had a staff change. Now we all just need to chill a little. We all want our softball program to reach the level we feel it should(talent pool, facilities, conference,etc).
This is where I'm at. If Lee and Herzog don't want to be here, I'm not going to put any blame on Ford for that. Honestly I'd rather every player that doesn't want to buy in to what Ford is doing leave ASAP. The culture they were a part of wasn't a culture that was capable of winning at a high level, as evidenced by the multiple collapses late in the games the past two years. It was pretty clear watching the games that some of these players were not on the same page as the staff over the last two years. You sit close enough to the dugout and the field you can see the body language and hear some of the things that the program and players were just going through the motions a lot of the time. I sincerely hope they find places that allow them to succeed and flourish.

So it's pretty clear Ford is going to have to burn the program down and rebuild it. If that means losing a couple players who only have another year anyways then so be it.
Astroag
AG
Belton Ag said:

Quote:

This is where I'm at. If Lee and Herzog don't want to be here, I'm not going to put any blame on Ford for that. Honestly I'd rather every player that doesn't want to buy in to what Ford is doing leave ASAP. The culture they were a part of wasn't a culture that was capable of winning at a high level, as evidenced by the multiple collapses late in the games the past two years. It was pretty clear watching the games that some of these players were not on the same page as the staff over the last two years. You sit close enough to the dugout and the field you can see the body language and hear some of the things that the program and players were just going through the motions a lot of the time. I sincerely hope they find places that allow them to succeed and flourish.

So it's pretty clear Ford is going to have to burn the program down and rebuild it. If that means losing a couple players who only have another year anyways then so be it.

The concern is less about our current folks leaving and more about none of her former players announcing they are following her. For all the culture folks that speaks volumes to me…

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
ashleymac
I completely agree with this. I find it very concerning that none of the ASU kids in the portal have followed her here. I think that says way more than some of our kids leaving.
Chapa96
AG
ashleymac said:

I completely agree with this. I find it very concerning that none of the ASU kids in the portal have followed her here. I think that says way more than some of our kids leaving.

Saw an ASU pitcher transferred to tu
Wicked Good Ag
ashleymac said:

It also could be that until a few days after July 1st we will know how much scholarship money to offer
CrawlingNo5
AG
The reason why schloss was so successful this year was all the TCU players following him here, so I can definitely see the major concern with Ford
KBAGOLFER
CrawlingNo5 said:

The reason why schloss was so successful this year was all the TCU players following him here, so I can definitely see the major concern with Ford

Nicely done
KayakBassAngling
SM_Ag
Yes, the number pitcher on her staff is going to Texas. Her best player, freshman all American ,Sanders, is still out there so maybe she brings her in. Would be a huge get for the program, especially because she plays 1st and that would fill the void left from Haley Lee.
KBAGOLFER
SM_Ag said:

Yes, the number pitcher on her staff is going to Texas. Her best player, freshman all American ,Sanders, is still out there so maybe she brings her in. Would be a huge get for the program, especially because she plays 1st and that would fill the void left from Haley Lee.

Need to help with NIL, but haven't even met Coach Ford, yet. Didn't make it to the meetings last week or I'd be helping , in whatever we could do…
Colt98
AG
Lol. That was good
Astroag
AG
CrawlingNo5 said:

Yeah bc her resume is exactly like Schloss…if we'd hired almeida then I wouldn't be concerned but this hire is very far from Schloss.

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
Boozer92
AG
Don't care who is still out there. I understand the losses we have taken so far. All i want to see is the new staff land someone worth having. As far as I know she hasn't even been in college station for any amount of time. I want to know she is working. Show some results.
Goose06
AG
Boozer92 said:

Don't care who is still out there. I understand the losses we have taken so far. All i want to see is the new staff land someone worth having. As far as I know she hasn't even been in college station for any amount of time. I want to know she is working. Show some results.

As far as I know you don't have any idea where she has been or what she has been up to. What a ridiculous standard… "as far as I know"
rhp
AG

[url=https://twitter.com/JoeGuth08812179][/url]@JoeGuth08812179
[url=https://twitter.com/JoeGuth08812179][/url]

Future Aggies: I am Colorado June 26-July 3. Gig 'em!
KBAGOLFER
Coach Ford, Harger, and J have been recruiting their tails off. They won't be in town till tonight or tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. The biggest tournaments have been going on in June and 1st of July. Look forward to seeing her next week.

Here's the deal. As many have said the money situation on scholarships was an absolute head scratcher. What they're working on is tough. Trying to find 6 freshman and about 6 transfers worth taking to fill out a roster that quite frankly has 7 starters back and will be tough to crack in the lineup.

Koko
Worley
Macey
Dack
Bre
Jordan
Emily

Tip, if healthy has supreme power and speed, and Harger is absolutely hands 1a or 1b as far as hitting coaches in America and J is the best defensive coach arguably in America America.

So whoever they bring in is only going to rise the tide, guaranteed. Has anyone found out who the director of operations is?
MSTC Man
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

Coach Ford, Harger, and J have been recruiting their tails off. They won't be in town till tonight or tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. The biggest tournaments have been going on in June and 1st of July. Look forward to seeing her next week.

Here's the deal. As many have said the money situation on scholarships was an absolute head scratcher. What they're working on is tough. Trying to find 6 freshman and about 6 transfers worth taking to fill out a roster that quite frankly has 7 starters back and will be tough to crack in the lineup.

Koko
Worley
Macey
Dack
Bre
Jordan
Emily

Tip, if healthy has supreme power and speed, and Harger is absolutely hands 1a or 1b as far as hitting coaches in America and J is the best defensive coach arguably in America America.

So whoever they bring in is only going to rise the tide, guaranteed. Has anyone found out who the director of operations is?

What about Trinity and Rylen? Who is Worley and Jordan?
Artimus Gordon
https://twitter.com/JoeGuth08812179

@JoeGuth08812179

Lemmys Rickenbacker
Artimus Gordon said:

https://twitter.com/JoeGuth08812179

@JoeGuth08812179

He was hired a couple of weeks ago.

Artimus Gordon
Yes I knew he had been hired a few weeks ago! Just trying to straighten out the url code for a direct link to his twitter account!
Colt98
AG
Who is tip? The one that was cut last week?
AgDad77
AG
Where is Mo on that list?
Colt98
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

Koko
Worley
Macey
Dack
Bre
Jordan
Emily

Though there is talent on that list(even though 2 of those names are the same person and one off those names transferred to Ulala 2 years ago), Other than bre, none of those players hit over .300(maybe koko). Those are the same players that couldn't finish games(granted I put most of that on Jo). We need upgrades in Pitching. We need major competition at every position. Saying we don't have spots for starters to transfer to, from a team that finished at the bottom of the conference is laughable.
KBAGOLFER
Colt98 said:

KBAGOLFER said:

Koko
Worley
Macey
Dack
Bre
Jordan
Emily

Though there is talent on that list(even though 2 of those names are the same person and one off those names transferred to Ulala 2 years ago), Other than bre, none of those players hit over .300(maybe koko). Those are the same players that couldn't finish games(granted I put most of that on Jo). We need upgrades in Pitching. We need major competition at every position. Saying we don't have spots for starters to transfer to, from a team that finished at the bottom of the conference is laughable.

I'll absolutely give you that, but as you said most of that goes on Jo and the defensive over coaching she did, lol both coaches going out to the mound, and just making moments bigger and putting more pressure by restating obvious stuff high high 14u select kids no like the back of their hand.

I want competition and believe people will be surprised by the Dylan Rock type transfers(all conference players from smaller D 1's) into the program that Harger and J love, over the high end players chasing what NIL they can get which can be a setback in culture. There will be at least 1 big name come in but don't expect us to get what ou and even national runner up tu gets, yet. This thing is absolutely going to be turned around this year. Get your season tickets ready and start saving up for NIL Deals.
Colt98
AG
I agree. I don't think we should be paying up like ou and tu are doing right now. I would rather give our NIL money more evenly across team, unless some of the bigger girls can get some on their own.

I also think we should go out and find studs from smaller D1's that are hungry to prove they belong at the SEC level. . As I alluded earlier, I know of one All American that would consider transferring that plays out of state currently and family lives in Centex. Her concern is current player culture(values). She's not a big time boozer/partier. From what she has heard about our team, she doesn't want any part of that drama. She can flat smash the ball and been at the top of the NCAA in HR's the last few years.
AgDad77
AG
Colt - you are absolutely correct!

That's what we did NIL wise - each kid got the same amount - it was substantial and will continue to be so.

We aren't going the OU route.

AgDad77
AG
Anyone know of a good rain dance that I could use - We B Hurt N!!!

Thanks in advance..
rhp
AG
If well, Shaylee Ackerman could have a brake out year.
AgDad77
AG
Agree - Lets hope Shay is healing and getting better for her sake - plus - we need her in the circle for an arm!
Just not sure if she will be able to swing the bat due to her back issues.
i haven't spoken with her since the season ended though so not sure how that is progressing actually?
Belton Ag
AG
So other than Torres, Lee and Baker, all of whom have shared on social media or we've figured out through other means, who else is transferring? This thread is literally the only place I've seen Herzog mentioned (although I have no reason to doubt it).
AgDad77
AG
Well like Colt mentioned - Tippet was cut last week.

As of yesterday nobody else is leaving at least for now that I was told - so that's good!
Gigemchicken90
AG
Never mind
'90
GigMe03
Was anyone else cut?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.