*** 2023 Softball Roster Updates, Transfers, New Signees ***

129,589 Views | 475 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by hipnix
KBAGOLFER
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gigemchicken90 said:

We can get a first view of the new team on Friday!

Y'all can, I've got to work, also will be without at least 2 possible starters too
KayakBassAngling
greg.w.h
AG
I'm looking forward to the new coach taking over. I counsel patience just to give her room to invest herself and innovate. I suspect this is going to be a lot of fun, and I look forward to watching her grow the program.
mullokmotx
AG
Softball roster is up on 12thman.com. 21 players, 11 of them new.
Ag4eva95
Seeing this, I like our roster. I think our starting 9 could be salty with some continued development of Emily Kennedy. Not saying our program is changing overnight, but some interesting pieces there
mjschiller
AG
Who will be our top 2 pitchers? Thanks
Marvin J. Schiller
Ag4eva95
I'm thinking Emily Kennedy and Emily Leavitt. Leavitt is a former top 30 national prospect and gained valuable experience starting in the Big10 for a team that made NCAA tournament. Kennedy gave us many opportunities to win games last year. They are a solid 1-2 punch as true sophomores
Belton Ag
AG
If she responds to Ford's coaching Grace Uribe can be a very good pitcher. She has a lot of natural talent, I'd love to see her take a big step forward.
mullokmotx
AG
Most interesting thing at the first exhibition was Rylen Wiggins playing 3rd. Cannon was at 1st.
Colt98
AG
How we hit with this new genius hitting coach..
cevans_40
AG
If we are swinging with a 25 degree attack angle (highly unlikely), lots of pop-ups and foul balls.
Colt98
AG
And before anyone gets upset with my comment, I like our hitting coach....
Belton Ag
AG
I was there and they're not swinging with a 25 degree attack angle.
Colt98
AG
Could someone that was there please give a report on how much better we looked?
Belton Ag
AG
Colt98 said:

Could someone that was there please give a report on how much better we looked?
We didn't look very good at all and there was nothing super positive that jumped out at me. It was a 10 inning game and we left in the 8th because we had somewhere to be yesterday evening so I can't report on anything that happened after that.

Good things…

Shaylee Ackerman is throwing hard. If she can improve her command and location she will be a big factor in our pitching rotation. She looks so natural in the circle and I just can't figure out why the previous staff wasn't able to develop her. I hope it's not too late as she's battled through injuries and is still here putting in hard work. Really pulling for her.

Cotrell the catcher should be the day 1 starter. She looked the best at the plate last night and I'm sure Okie Lite will miss her this season.

Bre Warren is back! That was nice to see.

Really there were so many new faces I wasn't expecting much. They looked about as I expected. This team needs A LOT more practice and coaching.
cevans_40
AG
Belton Ag said:

I was there and they're not swinging with a 25 degree attack angle.

Thank the Lord
Gigemchicken90
AG
She wasn't supposed to pitch until last year due to surgery rehab then she got hurt last year. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her.
'90
Belton Ag
AG
Gigemchicken90 said:

She wasn't supposed to pitch until last year due to surgery rehab then she got hurt last year. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her.
Well I totally misunderstood the nature of her injury and surgery. I didn't realize she wasn't able to pitch until last year, thanks for the info!

Colt98
AG
She had arm surgery after her sr yr of HS, keeping her from pitching her fish year. Then the back started giving her fits keeping her from hitting. Hope she gets the pitching going, one of the best attitudes on the team.
AgDad77
AG
Colt
You are so right
Shay has a great attitude and outlook.

Talked with her a good while today at the team and parents BBQ that we did today after practice!!

Had a great turnout.

She is such a pleasure to be around!!

I REALLY LIKE THIS STAFF
GREAT PEOPLE
GREAT COACHES

But some folks might want to put a brake on elevating this staff to God like status / lol

Just setting them up for failure…. this is the SEC!!
Let it develop…..

I think we will get there!!!

AgDad77
AG
KBAGOLFER
mullokmotx said:

Softball roster is up on 12thman.com. 21 players, 11 of them new.

Our 4 W's are Winning Players
Warren
Williams
Wiggins
Wooley
KayakBassAngling
KBAGOLFER
cbmik95 said:

Seeing this, I like our roster. I think our starting 9 could be salty with some continued development of Emily Kennedy. Not saying our program is changing overnight, but some interesting pieces there

Kennedy and Ford are really working on her drop to go with her rise
KayakBassAngling
KBAGOLFER
mullokmotx said:

Most interesting thing at the first exhibition was Rylen Wiggins playing 3rd. Cannon was at 1st.

Athleticism to take away the short game that has hurt the Aggies since Riley left

Super athletic and powerful team
KayakBassAngling
KBAGOLFER
cevans_40 said:

If we are swinging with a 25 degree attack angle (highly unlikely), lots of pop-ups and foul balls.

Do y'all do research, do y'all know Jeff, do y'all understand success, he's a huge upgrade over Snider, who is a friend but 6 years of offensive stats don't lie at Fresno and Az St
KayakBassAngling
KBAGOLFER
AgDad77 said:

Colt
You are so right
Shay has a great attitude and outlook.

Talked with her a good while today at the team and parents BBQ that we did today after practice!!

Had a great turnout.

She is such a pleasure to be around!!

I REALLY LIKE THIS STAFF
GREAT PEOPLE
GREAT COACHES

But some folks might want to put a brake on elevating this staff to God like status / lol

Just setting them up for failure…. this is the SEC!!
Let it develop…..

I think we will get there!!!

Coaching and figuring out expectations take time this plus 25, it's 0 to plus 20 and exit velocity is the key, and I'm very grateful for y'all but this is it, last couple of posts will be this week. I choose other avenues to talk Aggie Softball from here on out. I pray blessings on all of you and wish y'all continued success. Gig Em' Ags
KayakBassAngling
Colt98
AG
KB, you get your feelings hurt? I appreciate your enthusiasm about this staff. I'm extremely excited about the future. There is no doubt we have a stud of a hitting coach. I'd just tone down your over excitement until we start to perform on the field. Actually, you can be as over excited as you want to be, it's a free country and we need half glass full guys around here... especially with what is going on across welborn this week..
Bucketrunner
I always enjoy KBA's insight.
cevans_40
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

cevans_40 said:

Do y'all do research, do y'all know Jeff, do y'all understand success, he's a huge upgrade over Snider, who is a friend but 6 years of offensive stats don't lie at Fresno and Az St

I do plenty of hitting research. A 25 degree attack angle is insanely high (like double an average mlb swing) and is not a sound hitting approach.

And I hope you don't think I am discounting your info. I just hope that you have misunderstood the attack angle aspect. I agree that Harger has put up some good numbers at his past stops and agree that it was a good hire. I just can't believe that they are seriously coaching a 25 degree attack angle as that is a serious collapse of the back side. Launch angle, yes. Attack angle, I hope not.
mjschiller
AG
KBAGolfer - I appreciate your comments along with other contributors. Living out of state I depend on you and others like you to keep me and others informed on our teams development, etc.. Reconsider, your last comment and continue to contribute to this site. You and others furnish valuable content.
Marvin J. Schiller
AtlantaAggie
AG
mjschiller said:

KBAGolfer - I appreciate your comments along with other contributors. Living out of state I depend on you and others like you to keep me and others informed on our teams development, etc.. Reconsider, your last comment and continue to contribute to this site. You and others furnish valuable content.
Agreed, Your insight is much appreciated
Aggiesandwich12
That's a "huge" call! Idk if I agree with that. But yes we have a good one.
Belton Ag
AG
A couple observations from this weekend. When the Ags are in the field Guthrie will stand at the dugout gates and direct the defense before every pitch. He calls out to individual players to move into position or if he thinks there needs to be shifts he'll call that out. Sometimes he'll have them move just a step.

It's interesting as that wasn't done under Evans like this. Jo would move players and call out defensive positions and shifts when she felt she needed to but never like this. It could be just a product of the new staff and players getting used to what the staff wants and he may not be as vocal as time goes on, but the attention to detail is there.

Russ Heffley, the first base coach, is a fiery dude that's willing to argue calls. He got all over the first base official over a missed obstruction call. I liked seeing that out of him and I don't recall that happening much under Jo as she was typically the voice of the program.

Ford calls all the pitches like the previous staff, so not much change there. It's too bad Herzog hung them up, I'd have liked to see her pitch under a different coach.
Bucketrunner
Appreciate your insight.
mullokmotx
AG
Looks like we got a commitment from Mya Perez from Norco California. Looks like she is a senior in high school.
cevans_40
AG
Power hitting pitcher/1st baseman.

I like it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.