*** 2023 Softball Roster Updates, Transfers, New Signees ***

129,587 Views | 475 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by hipnix
hipnix
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Reminder of the Marry Nutter schedule:

2/23 vs BYU
2/23 vs CSUN
2/24 vs Oklahoma
2/25 vs UCLA
2/25 vs Utah Valley
Wooahhhh
AG
Clearwater: I'm going. I saw Arizona at UCF last season with UCF winning.

Will definitely travel to Clearwater to see the Ags play UCF & Arizona. Ball-Malone (UCF) is an impressive up and coming coach. USF, too, if GCorrick was still pitching, but she's not, she played Pro Ball, damn. I coached against her in HS ball and would have paid to coach against her just to see her pitch. Great kid, coached 2 kids that played travel ball with her in Orlando. Just a monster to try & hit.
Marvin
AG
That's a strong couple of tournaments.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
RGV AG
AG
Wooahhhh said:

Clearwater: I'm going. I saw Arizona at UCF last season with UCF winning.

Will definitely travel to Clearwater to see the Ags play UCF & Arizona. Ball-Malone (UCF) is an impressive up and coming coach. USF, too, if GCorrick was still pitching, but she's not, she played Pro Ball, damn. I coached against her in HS ball and would have paid to coach against her just to see her pitch. Great kid, coached 2 kids that played travel ball with her in Orlando. Just a monster to try & hit.
UCF signed that Applebee girl from Deer Park last year. She was/is an outstanding pitcher. Supposedly she really liked the program there.

Really good tournament schedule will be interesting to watch this team develop.
Aggie*_86
AG
hipnix said:

Reminder of the Marry Nutter schedule:

2/23 vs BYU
2/23 vs CSUN
2/24 vs Oklahoma
2/25 vs UCLA
2/25 vs Utah Valley
Mary Nutter is a really fun trip, went a few years back. Love the Palm Springs airport!
Tim Cox
hipnix

Transfer from UH
mjschiller
AG
What position and how productive was she at UH? UH = U of Houston or U of Hawaii? Thanks
cevans_40
AG
Utility player from Houston

SOPHOMORE (2022)
  • Made five starts in 11 appearances.
  • Posted one multi-RBI game (2/12).
FRESHMAN (2021)
  • Appeared in 26 games starting in 20 of them splitting time in left and right field.
  • Started career off with a bang as in her collegiate debut Lott drove in 3 runs against Lamar University (2/12).
  • Recorded first multi-hit game of career against Sam Houston State going 2/3 with 2 RBI's (2/24).
  • Finished the season ranked eighth on team with four doubles.
  • Tied for first for sacrifice flies with two.
mjschiller
AG
Thanks
@PositivelyAg
Depth, we lost a lot of depth, she'll bring in some of what we lost. Please believe that the starting 9, is absolutely loaded and freakishly athletic
mjschiller
AG
Who are our projected starting 9 and top 2 relief pitchers?
trgtrgtrg
Rylen Wiggins was an SEC All Freshman and proved herself multiple times when she had played SS as a true freshman.

Low arm strength?? The new staff apparently disagrees with you because they have her at 3B now....wherever they play her she's a competitor and even her offensive jump from 2021 to 2022 is further proof of her high ceiling. Regardless though, we have the ability to have a pretty solid infield with the returners and newcomers. Ford has a good current roster to work with and we'll see an immediate improvement from last year.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Really good news on recruiting. I look forward to seeing these girls on the field. It seems we went after, or luckily got, athletic/utility types (think Marvin Gonzalez).

One caveat- I don't buy into the softball player rankings as much as say football. They often are a popularity contest with certain teams getting too much credit and others not enough. Example- at PGF the competition is top talent and fierce. 2 girls with comparable stats, experience, and abilities won't get the same attention if one plays for FC Rico and the other for Glory Shelton.
hipnix
hipnix
mjschiller
AG
Taylor Brown a high school recruit or college portal recruit? What position and background?
MSTC Man
AG
Taylor is a H.S. recruit class of 24. The pitcher and 1st baseman is from the state of Washington.
hipnix
MSTC Man said:

Taylor is a H.S. recruit class of 24. The pitcher and 1st baseman is from the state of Washington.
Missouri
Gap
AG
hipnix said:

MSTC Man said:

Missouri
Washington, Missouri - which is just west of St. Louis
mjschiller
AG
MSTCMan - thanks for the info.
hipnix

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.