*** 2023 Softball Roster Updates, Transfers, New Signees ***

128,199 Views | 475 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by hipnix
cevans_40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

Give me Keely Williams and whoever, but keke has to be one I hope, bubba, is she one?

Amari Harper is my hope
SM_Ag
KBAGOLFER said:

Give me Keely Williams and whoever, but keke has to be one I hope, bubba, is she one?

Keely Williams is an elite center fielder. Covers a ton of ground and plays with some swag and confidence. I'd say she has to be a shoe in for center. Then it's a matter of getting corner outfielders. Bri Warren had to factor in there unless she plays more DP in the lineup. But I've watched Keely play high school bal for 3 years and have coached against her in high school for 3 years. Kid can flat out play. Hits for power and has speed, hits to all fields. Very gifted hitter.
KBAGOLFER
SM_Ag said:

KBAGOLFER said:

Keely Williams is an elite center fielder. Covers a ton of ground and plays with some swag and confidence. I'd say she has to be a shoe in for center. Then it's a matter of getting corner outfielders. Bri Warren had to factor in there unless she plays more DP in the lineup. But I've watched Keely play high school bal for 3 years and have coached against her in high school for 3 years. Kid can flat out play. Hits for power and has speed, hits to all fields. Very gifted hitter.
So, is she for sure in the incoming freshman A&M class? She's my favorite too because of all the things you've mentioned, she's an absolute beast
Aggie*_86
AG
BigBubbaAggie82 said:

KBAGOLFER said:

BigBubbaAggie82 said:

I think Ry and Koko stay put. Arguably that could be the best middle infield in the SEC.

Any idea of the recruiting class we originally signed, whose in or out?

I can't confirm which but I know she kept at least two. Im sure we'll know soon tho
Okay, I'm FINALLY getting to be excited over Softball season!! Thanks for the info, you and KBA both!
Aggie*_86
AG

So obviously you guys are at all the games, do you tailgate or what? Love to meet you guys, I've got Season Tickets and am down pretty often.
SeenNotHeard
AG
#10 is a class of 22 commit.
dodger02
AG
Coleman is a former ASU signee from the fall. A catcher.
Gigemchicken90
AG
Aiyana Coleman from Consol is still coming.
'90
KBAGOLFER
Aggie*_86 said:

So obviously you guys are at all the games, do you tailgate or what? Love to meet you guys, I've got Season Tickets and am down pretty often.

I live in Austin or I would be. I'll have season tickets this year, hopefully in the club, let's just say I'm happy there is a new direction and my wife and I'll be at a lot of Friday and Saturday games, got church on Sundays .

Tailgating would be nice
SM_Ag
dodger02 said:

Coleman is a former ASU signee from the fall. A catcher.

Ranked 56th in the country as a catcher/inf. Plays for Athletics Mercado organization which is a top organization in Cali and one of the top in the country as well.
KBAGOLFER
Gigemchicken90 said:

Aiyana Coleman from Consol is still coming.

Aiyana, Gig Em' and glad you're staying in Aggieland
BoydAg
AG
Would love to get a solid Aggie Softball tailgate going as well!!
KBAGOLFER
Trisha needs to get Permission from Ross for us to tailgate behind CF, on that raised berm and have the players eat and have a great time after games
BigBubbaAggie82
KBAGOLFER said:

Trisha needs to get Permission from Ross for us to tailgate behind CF, on that raised berm and have the players eat and have a great time after games
Now that's a great idea!
rhp
AG
I've been trying to get tickets in the Club. No luck so far.
TXAG1977
AG
3 new commitments today on Twitter. Freshman pitcher from U of Minnesota, two high schoolers previously committed to ASU. More coming. As for club tickets they are not available, however often go unused. Find someone in the club who you can get them from when not in use.
KBAGOLFER
BigBubbaAggie82 said:

KBAGOLFER said:

Now that's a great idea!

It'd be the best home field advantage and cooking in the south.

Oh umpire crews eat free
Boozer92
AG
Don't see why you couldn't tailgate in center. I prefer to watch early season games from there because it is warmer than the stadium. Frequently I see older sugar daddys our there. They bring coolers or just cases or their chosen beverage.

Best tailgating this past year was the Florida fans. They were setup all over the reed parking lot. Made me smile a bit more on the way out after the Saturday win.

I can't say I have noticed much Aggie tailgating. Just Florida, LSU and Bama tailgating at our place in the past
MSTC Man
AG
If you want to see Aggie Softball tailgate look towards the tennis courts.
AgDad77
AG
You don't really need Ross's permission to tailgate anywhere.

For many years now we have been having Softball Parents and a few fans Tailgates.

We feed the Grounds Crew as well as the Stadium Support Staff.

Y'all are more than welcome to join in the fun!

Normally it has been between the tennis courts and the intramural fields.

Bingo MSTC Man!!!
clendenin
AG
CoachBaca said:

Riley Valentine is on the board!

Catcher out of Arizona. Originally signed with Coach Ford at ASU.

Big question is who are the others in this photo??

Older Brother Chase committed to Rob Childress for Class of 2021 but enrolled at Central Arizona CC after coaching change. He played SS on national champion JUCO team and will enroll this fall at Tennessee. Was afraid that Riley would end up there as well.

Glad to welcome the family back to Aggieland!!
GigMe03
Haley Lee heading to OU. Not surprised, but still sad about losing her. Will be interesting to see where she falls on the field since Sanders also transferred.

Belton Ag
AG
This post should be in the thread dedicated to her instead of this thread.
Aggiesandwich12
Best hitting coach in the nation? Please support that statement with some numbers and facts.
KBAGOLFER
Aggiesandwich12 said:

Best hitting coach in the nation? Please support that statement with some numbers and facts.

I'm not google look up his offense over last 6 years at Fresno state and ASU, his net overall rankings in all major offensive statistics would be either 1,2, or 3,

A&M under Snider last year in the 30's his in top 3
chrishuff
AG
Players leaving TAMU; no one (so far) coming from ASU; silence from the softball program. Reason to be concerned?
Belton Ag
AG
chrishuff said:

Players leaving TAMU; no one (so far) coming from ASU; silence from the softball program. Reason to be concerned?
I feel like you should read the thread.
Artimus Gordon
What's to worry about?
Pitching staff is looking pretty solid.

Dack holds down the catchers spot.

Wiggins & Wooley @ 2nd & SS. I thought wiggins was better at short last year than Wooley was this year. Maybe switch them for 2023.

I believe Ackerman played first her freshman year. Put her back there for 2023.

Hopefully Bre Warren will be back in the outfield and this keely Williams Kb golfer is talking about should hold down cF. Not sure who will hold down the opposite OF position.

The only concern was/is 3B. Cannon did not look like a natural 3rd baseman. And it didn't look like she got any coaching during the year. It was a hole for hits down the 3rd base line. Maybe cannon moves to DH and someone else who is better defensively plays the position.

Anyway it looks like a nucleus is there to have a much improved team in 2023.

So all is not lost just because we have had a few transfer out and didnt scoop up the ASU recruits.
cevans_40
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

What's to worry about?
Pitching staff is looking pretty solid.

Dack holds down the catchers spot.

Wiggins & Wooley @ 2nd & SS. I thought wiggins was better at short last year than Wooley was this year. Maybe switch them for 2023.

I believe Ackerman played first her freshman year. Put her back there for 2023.

Hopefully Bre Warren will be back in the outfield and this keely Williams Kb golfer is talking about should hold down cF. Not sure who will hold down the opposite OF position.

The only concern was/is 3B. Cannon did not look like a natural 3rd baseman. And it didn't look like she got any coaching during the year. It was a hole for hits down the 3rd base line. Maybe cannon moves to DH and someone else who is better defensively plays the position.

Anyway it looks like a nucleus is there to have a much improved team in 2023.

So all is not lost just because we have had a few transfer out and didnt scoop up the ASU recruits.

I love me some Dack like none other but she is going to have to improve defensively if she is going to be our everyday catcher. I honestly expect her to make the move to first.
GigMe03
I agree that Dack will need some major improvements to be our everyday catcher. Smith should hold down RF though.

I think Cannon was a solid 3B

Is Allen not returning? I figured she would be our catcher again next year. One of our incoming freshman is also a catcher.
Boozer92
AG
Not sure what team you watched. Cannon is solid at third. Maybe not all SEC but of every spot on the team Trin was my least concern. I also don't think Wiggins was better at short. Koko had way too many errors at short but showed she could make plays. Get her more consistent and she is fine. Wiggins had no potential to be an SEC shortstop but looked really good at second where her arm fits.

New coach so no one is set but 2nd and 3rd are as close as it gets. SS is next. The rest of the positions are up for grabs. Plenty of potential but no locks.
KBAGOLFER
Again if we've added only 2 transfers and 4 freshman
Let's talk roster #'s-
Shay
Trin
Wigg
Koko
Grace
Em
Bre
Allen
Dack
Mo
Herzog????
Haley G???
Star, left right?

Gone areā€¦
Lee
Baker
Tip
Torres
Gigemchicken90
AG
Isn't there another Freshman that was originally going to ASU? Coleman?

Also four transfers Bri, Emily, Gracen, Riley. I don't know all the last names.
'90
Boozer92
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

Again if we've added only 2 transfers and 4 freshman
Let's talk roster #'s-
Shay
Trin
Wigg
Koko
Grace
Em
Bre
Allen
Dack
Mo
Herzog????
Haley G???
Star, left right?

Gone areā€¦
Lee
Baker
Tip
Torres

Assuming more help incoming. 2 freshman catchers who can catch originally committed to ASU. Big need helped there. Freshman outfielder who may be the solution at center. Freshman 1st baseman with tons of power potential. Transfer middle. Transfer pitcher so far. Hopeful return of Bri. Need an impact pitcher at a minimum. 2 wouldn't hurt. Another outfielder would be nice.Happy we are starting see some commits, hopefully at least one more on the way

That would look like Trin, Koko, Rylan, with Dack, Ackerman, A Coleman competing at 1st. Allen, 2 fish and Dack competing at catcher. Keke, Bri, Mo, Grace, OSU transfer, Star and Dack? competing in the outfield.

Fix the circle and the rest falls in place

Right now Kennedy, Minn transfer, Grace and Shay. One more is crucial. If Grace and Shay improve without health concerns then those 4 are enough. But that is a tough gamble. I would want a #2 at minimum and then mix and match the rest
Artimus Gordon
Signees:

Kaiah Altmeyer (San Diego, Calif.),
Aiyana Coleman (College Station, Texas),
Amari Harper (Corona, Calif.),
Natalia Puchino (Milliken, Colo.)
Keely Williams (Cibolo, Texas).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.