*** 2023 Softball Roster Updates, Transfers, New Signees ***

129,592 Views | 475 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by hipnix
KBAGOLFER
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just a note on ou, and Gasso, if you think for one minute, she goes easy on these big-time players, think again, she is a hard a-- and coaches them hard. That's why they are so mentally and physically tough and hate to lose. She is ultra-competitive and will rip her best player in front of everyone at practice just like she rips the bullpen coach for not catching a strike in a bullpen session.

So, the reason I love Coach Ford so much is she has that same tenacity, and it rubs off on her players, and that's why she's been so successful in the Pac-12. She hates to lose more than she likes to win. The players she brings in have to have a certain mentality, like she said. She absolutely has the coaching staff to develop Trinity, Koko, Wiggins, Ackerman, Grace, Bre, Dack, Mayce, Em. Please don't get it twisted A&M has the best hitting coach in America now, not top 10-15, but #1, and that's scary that these girls worked with a top 10, but these hitters are going to pepper the road, scoreboard, and fitness building

Most excited to see Em, Grace, and Shay develop under Ford.
hillcountryag86
AG
Thank you.
Aggie*_86
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

Most excited to see Em, Grace, and Shay develop under Ford.
That is the thing I have felt we have been most lacking for the last few years was the ability to develop and train pitchers. Very excited to see what the 3 you mention above can do under Ford's guidance.
Gigemchicken90
AG
I hope we stay healthy and if we don't that our bench is deeper than last year.
'90
KBAGOLFER
Gigemchicken90 said:

I hope we stay healthy and if we don't that our bench is deeper than last year.
100% agree, today or tomorrow should be a great day for Aggie Softball, not only adding depth but impact players to this already great group of Ags.

I will in the next couple of weeks or today go about posting all the close games we blew and understanding these girls in select and HS didn't blow those leads. Their mentality will have to change, and Ford will work on that daily, as she said
Gigemchicken90
AG
Great! I can't wait to hear the details. We sat near Katie's parents last year and enjoyed them. Hopefully we can get to know more parents next year!
'90
Aggie*_86
AG
Gigemchicken90 said:

Great! I can't wait to hear the details. We sat near Katie's parents last year and enjoyed them. Hopefully we can get to know more parents next year!
Went ot our last College World Series and also to a couple of Mary Nutter's and it was a lot of fun to get to know the parents personally, really makes you more invested and games more fun. At Mary Nutter sat in the bar during "off" games with the Dad's, lots of fun! lol

Will look forward to traveling to some of these tournaments again and plugging in to our new group!
dodger02
AG
Big10 All-Freshman team. Double-digit wins. Transfer pitcher from Minnesota.

SM_Ag
Ironically enough Emily Leavitt pitched against A&M twice in the Regionals this past season. She is a Cali kid which is where Ford would excel in recruiting whether it be high school or transfer portal. Numbers maybe won't wow you but has experience, pitched a lot as a freshman and has numerous years of eligibility left. Ford is a pitching person, so I have to believe she's excited about this one and I can wait to see what Leavitt does in the Maroon and White.
Aggie*_86
AG
It has begun..... bring em on!
KBAGOLFER
She looked good against us on the 20th, but struggled mightily against us on the 21st.

Emily was the 26th best recruit in the nation according to softball America, this kid has as much potential as Em, and if we get either grace, shay, or who's next to getter better under ford, than here we go!!!
BoydAg
AG
Riley Valentine is on the board!

Catcher out of Arizona. Originally signed with Coach Ford at ASU.

Big question is who are the others in this photo??

SM_Ag
A&M received a commitment from 2022 Riley Valentine C/3B. Originally committed to ASU and Ford. Plays for Arizona Storm Select Team, where volunteer coach Russ Huffley coaches in the organization.

In addition, she has a younger sister who is a 2026 middle infielder who is ranked 19th nationally. Also plays for Arizona Storm select organization.
Ben Puig 97
dodger02
AG
Far right is Leavitt, the transfer pitcher from Minnesota.
KBAGOLFER
Emily transfer from Minn. and Riley posted she is a PGF All American and if you're wondering this kid will remind a lot of you of Dack, power, speed (for a catcher) and a canon
BigBubbaAggie82
#22 Bri Evans OSU Starting Second Basemen. A Solid Get!!
BigBubbaAggie82
Be prepared to see this all 2022-2023
cevans_40
AG
Who's 10?
mjschiller
AG
Is #10 a pitcher?
Marvin J. Schiller
fitzwatema
AG
Welcome to Aggieland! Looking forward to seeing what this Aggie Softball team can do this year!
KBAGOLFER
BigBubbaAggie82 said:

Be prepared to see this all 2022-2023

Jimbo (Fall) and Trisha (Spring) are built Ford tough. If you don't get this, turn the tv down in the fall and listen to the A&M radio call and you'll get plenty of the "Built Ford Tough"

Do we know if she's driving a Ford now, if not, make it happen
KBAGOLFER
BigBubbaAggie82 said:

BigBubba,

Who goes to CF out of Ry, Koko, or Bri? All 3 I believe have to be on the field with their athleticism. Last year CF cost us 2 games and at least 4 give me outs, and that's just recalling off the top of my head
Aggie*_86
AG
BigBubbaAggie82 said:

Haven't seen any announcement from this girl or Aggie Softball, is this official?
MSTC Man
AG
Aggie*_86 said:

BigBubbaAggie82 said:

Haven't seen any announcement from this girl or Aggie Softball, is this official?

As for as I have seen, no announcements on her.
KBAGOLFER
Just remember people know people, and bubba knows a TON OF PEOPLE
dodger02
AG
Evans had a slash line of .290/.371/.351 and fielded .948

Wiggins was .244/.377/.500 and fielded .978

Somewhat comparable players though Wiggins' fielding is markedly better (30pts higher on almost double the chances). I don't know how much this is "upgrading" vs. simply building a roster. She seems to be a very solid addition.
Gigemchicken90
AG
That photo is off Riley's Twitter. I hope all the girls in it were okay with her posting it.
'90
BoydAg
AG
Bri has made it official and made her announce just now per her insta!!
KBAGOLFER
CoachBaca said:

Bri has made it official and made her announce just now per her insta!!

Thank You Coach and Bubba

The mystery is #10, it's not Lindsay Lopez, although I wish it was!
BigBubbaAggie82
KBAGOLFER said:

BigBubbaAggie82 said:

BigBubba,

Who goes to CF out of Ry, Koko, or Bri? All 3 I believe have to be on the field with their athleticism. Last year CF cost us 2 games and at least 4 give me outs, and that's just recalling off the top of my head

Honestly in my opinion Bri Warren isn't the ideal center. Although Im sure she can be developed she's not the " Field General" we've seen in the past at center. Also IMO although very athletic, she has the size to be a better firstbasemen.
The new Bri is also very speedy and covers alot more ground. She also seems to have more of the tenacity for a centerfielder. Starting for OSU all last year she's already got the freshman jitters out of the way as well. If Smith returns to right field, which its looking most likely, I think they'd pair well as they came from the same travel ball club (Impact Gold).
By the way Ford hinted during her interview that she spent time with players at the donors banquet. Based on the Twitter and IG account those players were Smith and Kennedy. So I think she's back.

I think Ry and Koko stay put. Arguably that could be the best middle infield in the SEC.
KBAGOLFER
BigBubbaAggie82 said:

KBAGOLFER said:

BigBubbaAggie82 said:

BigBubba,

Honestly in my opinion Bri Warren isn't the ideal center. Although Im sure she can be developed she's not the " Field General" we've seen in the past at center. Also IMO although very athletic, she has the size to be a better firstbasemen.
The new Bri is also very speedy and covers alot more ground. She also seems to have more of the tenacity for a centerfielder. Starting for OSU all last year she's already got the freshman jitters out of the way as well. If Smith returns to right field, which its looking most likely, I think they'd pair well as they came from the same travel ball club (Impact Gold).
By the way Ford hinted during her interview that she spent time with players at the donors banquet. Based on the Twitter and IG account those players were Smith and Kennedy. So I think she's back.

I think Ry and Koko stay put. Arguably that could be the best middle infield in the SEC.

Any idea of the recruiting class we originally signed, whose in or out?
BigBubbaAggie82
KBAGOLFER said:

BigBubbaAggie82 said:

KBAGOLFER said:

BigBubbaAggie82 said:

BigBubba,

Any idea of the recruiting class we originally signed, whose in or out?

I can't confirm which but I know she kept at least two. Im sure we'll know soon tho
Rambotx
All good things with time!
KBAGOLFER
Give me Keely Williams and whoever, but keke has to be one I hope, bubba, is she one?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.