*** 2023 Softball Roster Updates, Transfers, New Signees ***

128,200 Views | 475 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by hipnix
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dodger02 said:

Can we stop being cryptic about the "culture situation" and use real words? What's the problem?
It's been addressed multiple times in this thread.

I don't think anyone has given specific examples but a general lack of discipline, partying and no accountability have all been brought up.
greg.w.h
AG
The last thing women's sports need is backstabbing and hair pulling. Especially by male fans.

The hire we made shows a lot of promise, but we are already building a negative fan culture around it. Probably should slow the roll…
agcrock2005
AG
I don't know **** about A&M softball (started watching this thread when we got a new coach) but you people are depressing! Hope Ford does well and we can start competing with the tu and OU's of the world.
CrawlingNo5
AG
agcrock2005 said:

I don't know **** about A&M softball (started watching this thread when we got a new coach) but you people are depressing! Hope Ford does well and we can start competing with the tu and OU's of the world.

I think it's clear there a handful on here that since Ford was a Jimbo type hire, then she sucks.
mjschiller
AG
Is there a reason that TexAgs has not interviewed Coach Ford and staff? Would be nice to know how recruiting is progressing.
Marvin J. Schiller
Belton Ag
AG
greg.w.h said:

The last thing women's sports need is backstabbing and hair pulling. Especially by male fans.

The hire we made shows a lot of promise, but we are already building a negative fan culture around it. Probably should slow the roll…

This is a discussion thread. Feel free to not read or post if you don't want to discuss. Doubt anyone will mind.
Wooahhhh
AG
she said she was going to be on the road for about a month while recruiting.
KBAGOLFER
mjschiller said:

Is there a reason that TexAgs has not interviewed Coach Ford and staff? Would be nice to know how recruiting is progressing.

This x1 million, weird that every hire down to golf got their time on Texags but coach ford has not, just interesting, heck maybe ask Ty Warren since his daughter is on the team and you can ask him d-line questions David, just saying
greg.w.h
AG
Belton Ag said:

greg.w.h said:

This is a discussion thread. Feel free to not read or post if you don't want to discuss. Doubt anyone will mind.
I clearly don't care if others say what they want to. Or I'd try to post every time someone else does. You're pretty smart. Maybe you can figure out what my point is. Hint: it's a cultural negative from the fan base that might drive away players. If you care about winning that is…
Belton Ag
AG
greg.w.h said:

Belton Ag said:

greg.w.h said:

I clearly don't care if others say what they want to. Or I'd try to post every time someone else does. You're pretty smart. Maybe you can figure out what my point is. Hint: it's a cultural negative from the fan base that might drive away players. If you care about winning that is…

This is stupid. Nothing said in this thread has affected or will affect the program in the least. Go cry somewhere else.

We're all rooting for Coach Ford here.
Belton Ag
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

mjschiller said:

This x1 million, weird that every hire down to golf got their time on Texags but coach ford has not, just interesting, heck maybe ask Ty Warren since his daughter is on the team and you can ask him d-line questions David, just saying

She'll be on the show Wednesday.
KBAGOLFER
Belton Ag said:

KBAGOLFER said:

mjschiller said:

She'll be on the show Wednesday.

Thanks BeltonAg, hopefully she gets a couple of segments not like 5 minutes
BigBubbaAggie82
Just a reminder for the negative nancy's regarding coach Ford and the lack of top transfers. You may recall sharpdressman and others mentioned that the AD's reluctance to pull the trigger earlier would impact future recruiting. Well here ya go. There's no doubt in my mind that if this hire had taken place at least 2 to 3 years ago we'd be talking championship possibilities not haggling over top players picking other schools. Ford has to rebuild the culture of Aggie Softball from the ground up. That's what we're seeing and the result of many years of bad management.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Cue the Rosanne Rosanna Danna "…oh, ok, never mind…"
greg.w.h
AG
Belton Ag said:

greg.w.h said:

Belton Ag said:

greg.w.h said:

This is stupid. Nothing said in this thread has affected or will affect the program in the least. Go cry somewhere else.

That's nice. I was talking about the aspersions towards the players that are made in this thread. You're dodging because you know they can impact recruitment even on TexAgs but it's easier to wave your hands and makes claims. I recommend amplifying the discussion by simply not making negative claims about players in an effort to further fire the previous coach. She's fired. Quit talking about how she destroyed the program.
Belton Ag
AG
greg.w.h said:

Belton Ag said:

greg.w.h said:

Belton Ag said:

greg.w.h said:

That's nice. I was talking about the aspersions towards the players that are made in this thread. You're dodging because you know they can impact recruitment even on TexAgs but it's easier to wave your hands and makes claims. I recommend amplifying the discussion by simply not making negative claims about players in an effort to further fire the previous coach. She's fired. Quit talking about how she destroyed the program.
This is all nonsense. Nobody has cast any aspersions about any specific players past or present. I will continue to post about things relevant to the program and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.
Artimus Gordon
Layoff of Belton. He has been as pro Jo and as pro team as anybody on this board the last 3 years. Never has he cast aspersions toward any of the players much less the coaches, in the three years that I have been arguing with him!
mjschiller
AG
BeltonAg - thanks for the news.
Marvin J. Schiller
Aggie*_86
AG
greg.w.h said:

...She's fired. Quit talking about how she destroyed the program.
Technically, she wasn't fired...
KBAGOLFER
What are some questions you'd like David to ask Coach Ford?

Obviously most want to know…
Tell us about your coaching staff
How will the transfer portal help A&M in the spring?
Why did none of your elite ASU girls follow you to A&M?
Who are some newcomers A&M needs to be on the lookout for?
How many players on the roster for the 22-23 season, last year there were so few, will you be doing the same? Why or why not?

That's a start
SeenNotHeard
AG
When is she going to be on the show today?
KBAGOLFER
9:35 am, time to hear from our leader
dodger02
AG
From TA Radio...

Ford expects several announcements very soon (this week) re: incoming transfers.

Also says there will be some players that don't fit their team and the team doesn't fit them...i.e. alluding to more departures.
AgBQ-00
AG
good interview. I'm running about 2 minutes behind on the stream so no clue if it is still on. But I like what I am hearing
SeenNotHeard
AG
dodger02 said:

From TA Radio...

Ford expects several announcements very soon (this week) re: incoming transfers.

Also says there will be some players that don't fit their team and the team doesn't fit them...i.e. alluding to more departures.
I didn't take it as alluding to more departures. But maybe so. We know a few people have been shown the door already and a few decided to leave. I think she was referencing that.
dodger02
AG
That would be the preferred interpretation. It would suck to have more departures and be forced to recruit from the student body (as was mentioned elsewhere on this board).
jmcfar_98
AG
dodger02 said:

That would be the preferred interpretation. It would suck to have more departures and be forced to recruit from the student body (as was mentioned elsewhere on this board).

Good thing we're know as the 12th man. Willing and ready
Belton Ag
AG
dodger02 said:

Uh oh, she better watch out or Greg WH will get really mad and give her a super duper winky face.
hillcountryag86
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

How many players on the roster for the 22-23 season, last year there were so few, will you be doing the same? Why or why not?

That's a start
Interesting
MSTC Man
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

That's a start

You lead me to believe you already knew all the answers to these questions.
GigMe03
Can anyone confirm who has entered the transfer portal other than Lee, Torres, and Baker? And has anyone else been cut other than Tippets?
hillcountryag86
AG
You were excited about this hire when she was announced. And you seem quite knowledgeable on college softball and particularly A&M softball

Do you have thoughts on why none of Ford's players have followed her to A&M? At least not so far.

Thank you
KBAGOLFER
hillcountryag86 said:

You were excited about this hire when she was announced. And you seem quite knowledgeable on college softball and particularly A&M softball

Do you have thoughts on why none of Ford's players have followed her to A&M? At least not so far.

Thank you

No idea honestly, don't know any of those players

I know they went to some power house programs. Also if my coach that I played for bolted for another school, part of me might wonder, would they do it again.

The chance to play for a Natty, is all that drives these girls. There's not much money in softball after college

My 2 cents
SM_Ag
KBAGOLFER said:

hillcountryag86 said:

Thank you

I know they went to some power house programs. Also if my coach that I played for bolted for another school, part of me might wonder, would they do it again.

The chance to play for a Natty, is all that drives these girls. There's not much money in softball after college

My 2 cents

Couldn't agree more, money isn't great for softball and NIL isn't huge in the sport. It's a shame considered how the WCWS is watched yearly with great numbers. But regardless of how they feel towards their former coach, when OU comes knocking with a scholarship offer, they aren't going to get turned down. OU is in a league of their own when it comes to softball.
KW02
AG
SM_Ag said:

KBAGOLFER said:

hillcountryag86 said:

Thank you

My 2 cents

Couldn't agree more, money isn't great for softball and NIL isn't huge in the sport. It's a shame considered how the WCWS is watched yearly with great numbers. But regardless of how they feel towards their former coach, when OU comes knocking with a scholarship offer, they aren't going to get turned down. OU is in a league of their own when it comes to softball.

My take:
Big schools came calling.
Most of these kids are from out west and maybe they wanted to stay out there or had never visited A&M before.
Didn't want to go somewhere and rebuild.

I don't think there is a fear she would leave them again.

As noted above, many were from the west coast and we need to recruit them but we have to be recruiting them early on so get them here.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.