*** 2023 Softball Roster Updates, Transfers, New Signees ***

131,361 Views | 475 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by hipnix
KBAGOLFER
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll just say this, A&M will have one of the top players in the country in 24' and she's out of Cali, all thanks to Fords Staff

Oh and Mya Perez (Mercado) is an ABSOLUTE GAMECHANGER the #8 prospect in the 23' class
KayakBassAngling
Ag4eva95
Love to hear this! Thanks for the update. How's the 23 class looking? I stopped subscribing to recruiting sites a few years ago
KBAGOLFER
23' Class is hitter driven, I imagine the Portal will bring in another pitcher and the 24' class will bring in at least 24' pitcher, Della
KayakBassAngling
sharpdressedman
This information is very encouraging! Thanks to all for sharing. I watched the program degrade under Jo the past few years and lost interest. Coach Ford appears to be a great hire.
Rambotx
Need strong fan support for the upcoming softball season. Hope each home game is a sell out!
KBAGOLFER
Rambotx said:

Need strong fan support for the upcoming softball season. Hope each home game is a sell out!

Me too, but expect it early, weekday games are tough for us that drive in, but expect the SEC slate to be packed if they balance their cards right with baseball, this team will be fun to watch. Reading what BeltonAg said about them and My own eyes seeing them against Texas State, you better bash this team over the fence because this defense looks like a top end athletic, playmaking defense, plus we add Bre, yikes, scary go get with cannons everywhere
KayakBassAngling
hipnix
cevans_40
AG
That's a solid pickup
hipnix
cevans_40
AG
That's a HUGE get
Gap
AG
And another:

agcrock2005
AG
I don't know much about our softball program, but I know it wasn't long ago that this thread was a bunch of upset people. Seems things have turned a little more positive now days!
Wooahhhh
AG
and the fact it's been played there, seriously, for over 70 years. I'll add a tyvm for the info, great stuff. Looking forward to softball season.
KBAGOLFER
hipnix said:

GAMECHANGER

ABSOLUTE STUD
KayakBassAngling
MadDog73
AG
Don't follow softball recruiting. What position do these new commits play and how are they rated? Thanks.
hipnix
KBAGOLFER
hipnix said:

#8 player in the nation according to the best in the softball business EXTRA INNINGS
KayakBassAngling
Rambotx
Good to see we are recruiting some of that west coast softball player talent.
mjschiller
AG
Follow up to MadDog - what positions do these young ladies play? thanks
Ben Puig 97
AG
According to an article posted by the 12thman (sorry don't know how to link it), we signed the number 7, 71, 14, and 55 ranked players for our class. Not sure where this ranks overall as compared to the nation but seems pretty solid to me
Ben Puig 97
AG
https://12thman.com/news/2022/11/10/softball-ford-inks-four-in-first-am-signing-class.aspx

hipnix
mjschiller said:

Follow up to MadDog - what positions do these young ladies play? thanks
Signed '23 class

#7 Mya Perez 1B/P (Athletics Mercado - Smith)
#14 Reagan Jones SS (TX Bombers - 18G)
#55 Hailey Golden OF (Hotshots - Jones)
#71 Scout Lovell UTL (Hotshots - Nelson)

Verbal'd '24 class

#11 Kelsey Mathis OF (CenTex Buzz)
#14 Della Jasinski RHP/1B (Hotshots - Nelson)
#31 Frankie Vrazel MIF (Unity - Johnson/Ross)
#42 Harley Vestal OF (TX Bombers 16G)
#76 K.K. Dement IF (Sorcerer - Ricks)
Belton Ag
AG
No pitchers in this cycle and only 1 committed for '24 means that we're going to lean on the portal a bit in the next couple years.

Edit: Completely escaped me that Perez does pitch. Can anyone shed some light on that aspect of her game?
mjschiller
AG
Hipnix - thanks for the info
MSTC Man
AG
PlanoGuy, Do us all a favor and leave this thread. We all know OU Softball is great. We have a small group here that enjoys talking about Aggie softball and are looking forward to Coach Ford building her program. No one needs you. Go back to the football boards and lick your wounds.
hillcountryag86
AG
MSTC Man said:

PlanoGuy, Do us all a favor and leave this thread. We all know OU Softball is great. We have a small group here that enjoys talking about Aggie softball and are looking forward to Coach Ford building her program. No one needs you. Go back to the football boards and lick your wounds.
Yes, Plano, please don't turn this board into the football board.

You have plenty of opportunities, and a history, of stirring crap up over there so keep it out of here.
PlanoGuy
MSTC Man said:

My apologies! I'll be more cognizant with my posts
"F PlanoGuy!!" - Billy Liucci's TexAgs Premium Forum
Bucketrunner
The ignore feature is so worth it for people with a total lack of self awareness.
RGV AG
AG
Just for Plano, I can tell you, if it makes you feel better, that OU softball will be loaded, or should be, for a few more years. We played in Shawnee against 2 OU commits last weekend and they are legit big bat talents. Ended up losing to Epic Smith, which has about 7 D1 commits on their team, one to OU, and really should have won the game as our south Texas girls scared the piss outta them.

We have a pitcher committed to Odessa college that gave those girls fits. The OU commit parked one, but K'ed the other at bats, we parked one too.

One thing I am becoming more and more convinced of is that while talent, ability, and skill and such is truly important the building team chemistry and cohesion in women's softball is equally important. I think that Gasco woman does it really well because she brings in and well manages a top stable of talent.

Besides pitching a lot of these girls, all over the country, are fairly interchangeable in the positions. Obviously with some more dangerous hitters than others. But having a top winning team is getting all 11-14 top contributors to be firing on all cylinders for a long run and that is mental and managerial as much as it is instructional.

In speaking with several top select coaches the word is that no school in the country can touch OU's handling of the NIL deal for softball. Softball only has 11 or so scholarships to give out and OU is sucking up some righteous talent with only a roster spot offered.

But fret not, I think A&M will get there and eventually overtake schools like OU in this game if they start being competitive and winning as the Ag's won't get outspent by ZeroU or any other team if it makes sense. The Vestal girl that A&M has committed is a major talent as is the girl from Brenham. My daughter has played against both of them. I like what this Ford woman is doing, good for her.
KBAGOLFER
PlanoGuy said:

MSTC Man said:

No posts, just go to the ou board and post there, takes a very special person to do what you do
KayakBassAngling
agcrock2005
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

PlanoGuy said:

MSTC Man said:

No posts, just go to the ou board and post there, takes a very special person to do what you do
I'm new here, but based on the last couple pages something tells me that he will be unable to NOT respond to you.
PlanoGuy
agcrock2005 said:

KBAGOLFER said:

PlanoGuy said:

MSTC Man said:

I'm new here, but based on the last couple pages something tells me that he will be unable to NOT respond to you.
I'm here. I just don't want to further derail the thread, so let's put it to rest.
"F PlanoGuy!!" - Billy Liucci's TexAgs Premium Forum
Rambotx
Rambotx
hipnix
Clearwater schedule is out:

2/16 vs. Oklahoma State
2/17 vs Arizona
2/17 vs UCF
2/18 vs USF
2/18 vs Nebraska

https://www.clearwaterinvitational.com/event-schedule/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.