***** Official Rangers Off-Season Thread *****

63,713 Views | 714 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by IronAg45
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Resigning Kluber at a lower salary could be this year's TJ-type signing. Agree about Lynn and Gallo getting dealt. I actually don't think your list is far off at all
wbt5845
AG
Wet - cold - blah.

I do have this to look forward to next spring.

DallasAg 94
BCSWguru
at minimum, the Rangers would allow 11.5K per game next year, right? I think the reduced crowd was a success in terms of "mass gatherings".
DallasAg 94
AgsWin2011
AG
This organization isn't going to contend for anything for a long time. What a **** show.
AgBQ-00
AG
I'm so down about the Rangers right now.
DallasAg 94
South Platte
DallasAg 94 said:

Every org is going to take a hit developmentally, this year.

Let's look what the Rangers have found out this season... starting with the position players.
C: Trevino (27-MLB), 24G, .250, 2 HR <- Still a serf
C: Sam Huff (22-MLB), 10 G, .355, 3 HR, .394 OBP

3B: IKF (25-MLB) - Control through 2024. GG finalist
SS: Anderson Tejeda (22-MLB), 23G, .253, 3HR, 4 SB, .273 OBP

CF: Leody Taveras (22-MLB), 33G, .227, 4HR, 8SB

I think we have 4 solid players to build on for 2022+

Others:
3B: Josh Jung (22-AA) - Expected 2021
1B: Sherten Apostel (21-MLB), 7G, .100 <- Not ready

2B is still a hole. Take Odor out of the picture and we don't have a replacement. We just don't.

I think we can have a solid positional roster for 2022, with young controllable players.

Control of average guys entering their "prime"
1B Guzman (26) through 2024
OF Calhoun(26) through 2024
DH Solak (26) through 2025

Trade bait: Gallo (GG Finalist), Andrus, Odor, and Lynn. The problem is... we have little idea what other team's farm has done this year. ;( So, it isn't like we really have a great idea of what we can trade for.
This is great analysis and all, and we appreciate you breaking this down. But we could clean this thing up really quick if we just fired JD and hire Jeff Luhnow. Hinch is about to sign with Detroit. Hire some woman as Director of Diversity to make sure he doesn't support Taubman behavior, and we'll be back in the playoffs by 2023.
wbt5845
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

wbt5845 said:

Wet - cold - blah.

I do have this to look forward to next spring.

wbt - I think you mentioned, but is that Sect 205? Did you get a chance to go to a game? Were you one who posted impressions from a stadium tour or when you selected seats?

I believe I was in 203, for one of the WS games. Your Sect looks to be in a pretty good spot, relative to scoreboard and infield.

I'm toying with giving a bit of a write-up on my game experiences in the new stadium.

211. AP let me come in and see my seats on Opening Day.

I have not been to a game, though. Keep in mind the Rangers have been holding several thousand of my dollars for over a year now. My baseball watching budget is tapped out and on hold for now.
DallasAg 94
South Platte
DallasAg 94 said:

South Platte said:

This is great analysis and all, and we appreciate you breaking this down. But we could clean this thing up really quick if we just fired JD and hire Jeff Luhnow. Hinch is about to sign with Detroit. Hire some woman as Director of Diversity to make sure he doesn't support Taubman behavior, and we'll be back in the playoffs by 2023.

I don't see JD going anywhere.

I think Ownership likes his frugal and creative ways.

Covid gives him and the ownership group excuses for sucking in 2020 and 2021. They'll have relatively good attendance and revenue for 2021 and they'll make the same old "we're going to invest BIG for the 2022 season." So, we have JD through 2022, IMO.
I hate you.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
jtstanley4621
AG
Declined the option on Kluber. Underscores the stupidity of not trading Lynn
DallasAg 94
Proposition Joe
Declining the option was a no-brainer.
KT 90
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Agreed. I haven't seen any quotes yet from Kluber since he became a free agent to help figure out how interested he might be in coming back. We can obviously offer him a rotation spot . Might be a good spot for him to sign a one year deal to prove himself again.

DallasAg 94
jtstanley4621
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Yes. Trading Lynn should have been an equal no-brainer
Carlo4
AG
Trade Lynn
Trade Gallo
Cut Odor
Trade Elvis

Hire a former ***** as the owner.
Hire a tire salesman as the new manager.

You know the rest....
KT 90
AG

DallasAg 94
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

KT 90 said:

LOVE Eric Nadel.
Yes, he is good. Buy why the decrease in # of games?

DannyDuberstein
AG
He's 70 now so it does look like he's starting to ease toward retirement, although hopefully easing off on the schedule may keep him doing this for more years. I think his usual count is 140ish due to having some breaks mixed in.
CampingAg
AG
IKF wins 3B Gold Glove
KT 90
AG
So here is a free agent listing, Tier 1 through Tier 5. It's been made pretty clear that we'll be working off the scrap heap, so slide down to Tier 4 and Tier 5 and see what you can find.

https://www.mlb.com/news/ranking-this-offseason-s-free-agents-by-tiers

In all seriousness, this off-season will be interesting. Not sure that there will be many "buyers" at the prices the top guys are looking for. Some of these players may be forced to take a shorter term deal than they want, as all teams lost a lot of revenue in 2020 and may be looking to trim costs.

BCSWguru
Ozuna as tier 1, lol.
J.P. 03
AG
Is that list sortable by pitchers recovering from a major surgery? Would make it a lot easier to identify the Rangers' targets this off-season.
KT 90
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Is that list sortable by pitchers recovering from a major surgery? Would make it a lot easier to identify the Rangers' targets this off-season.

No, but just start about halfway down and then start looking. Don't bother with the top half.

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Surprised it hasn't been mentioned here but Joey Gallo and IKF are Gold Glove winners. We may not be able to hit the ball, but we have a few guys that can damn sure catch it!
DallasAg 94
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Ok, you got me. Kind of. No one mentioned Gallo. We'll call it a draw.
_lefraud_
AG
So the Rangers will sign Arrieta, Archer and Kluber. Hoping one of them turns into something to flip at the deadline.

But at least they have a shiny new stadium!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.