NBA Finals

63,062 Views | 843 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Saint Pablo
Texas A&M
How long do you want to ignore this user?
. . . said:

There goes his 2019/2020 season.
GCP12
AG
This is a bizarre press conference
Bunk Moreland
They all have been. This entire finals feels weird.
Grapesoda2525
Texas A&M said:

No Durant, No Looney, Cousins having to play big minutes. It ain't over till it's over, but Toronto still wins this.
The warriors got JUST ENOUGH production out of Durant to get out of Canada with a win. Unless the Warriors somehow get him back, we will probably see a close game at the craphole in Oakland that could go either way. If it gets to game 7, the warriors will either run out of gas or the raptors will choke. I'd bet the warriors run out of gas, especially without Durant.

I'd still bet on the dinosaurs winning this.
GCP12
AG
I can't decide if Myers was just making his sales pitch to KD, or what. Also seemed a little weird to go straight to, "no one is to blame"
Gigemags382
AG
If Durant is out for 19/20, does a team still sign him to a max deal this offseason?
Olsen
AG
The Achilles injury is the absolute worst! I will pray for KD.
CFTXAG10
AG
Draymond gonna have a LONG leash for game 6. No way they give him his next tech to DQ him for game 7.
WES2006AG
AG
Gigemags382 said:

If Durant is out for 19/20, does a team still sign him to a max deal this offseason?

Yep, a team without a superstar right now (the Knicks) would be ok waiting a year for KD. Not ideal but not a deal breaker
GCP12
AG
Gigemags382 said:

He has a player option for next year. I think at least one team will offer a max deal, but taking the option is probably on the table
n_touch
Texas A&M said:

. . . said:

Was this in addition to the Achilles injury we all saw a month ago but were told it was a calf muscle injury?
WES2006AG
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Draymond gonna have a LONG leash for game 6. No way they give him his next tech to DQ him for game 7.

It doesn't seem possible to give him a longer leash than he normally gets. But yea, short of slapping a ref he isn't getting a T in game 6.
Olsen
AG
n_touch said:

Texas A&M said:

. . . said:

Was this in addition to the Achilles injury we all saw a month ago but were told it was a calf muscle injury?

No it was actually a calf muscle injury over a month ago. Not related to the Achilles according to Myers.
Texas A&M
WES2006AG said:

CFTXAG10 said:

It doesn't seem possible to give him a longer leash than he normally gets. But yea, short of slapping a ref he isn't getting a T in game 6.
I normally like this announcing team, but I am getting tired of them talking about Green behaving better.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Are people criticizing KD for playing tonight? He was medically cleared and it was a do or die game for his team. He would have been DESTROYED by you idiots had he NOT played after being cleared. He would have been called selfish and weak minded. Ridiculous.
Bunk Moreland
Texas A&M said:

WES2006AG said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I normally like this announcing team, but I am getting tired of them talking about Green behaving better.

All 3 sound absolutely FOS this finals. It's bizarre.
Grapesoda2525
WES2006AG said:

CFTXAG10 said:

League should remind green that he will get suspended if he gets one more tech, then tell him if he's not on his best behavior, he will get that technical. Nobody wants to see his ugly mug yelling at the ref 50 times a game. He's the main reason that the warriors are so easy to dislike.
n_touch
Either his legs are shot or they missed something. Just to coincidental that he comes back and suffers an injury in almost the exact same manor.
Sports-Ag
AG
SportsCenter zooms in and slows it down when Durant hurt his leg. Click on the video to see.

biobioprof
Anyone else catch this?

Frok
AG
I was not a Durant fan but I feel bad for him. That's a tough blow.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Frok said:

Just truly awful if he tore his Achilles. He is a top-25 player all-time whose prime years may have just been tragically cut short. In nearly every Achilles tear case the player has been a diminished version when returning. Awful for him and NBA fans in general.
Grapesoda2525
Pumpkinhead said:

Frok said:

Just truly awful if he tore his Achilles. He is a top-25 player all-time whose prime years may have just been tragically cut short. In nearly every Achilles tear case the player has been a diminished version when returning. Awful for him and NBA fans in general.
A top 25 player all- time joining a 70+ win team was awful for NBA fans in general too.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Woj and Ramona are reporting the Warriors believe it is a torn Achilles. This really shakes things up for the summer. Surely would be hard to get max money. Also, God must really hate the Knicks.
mnuge
AG
Will be very interesting for the warriors.
I would imagine he takes his option for next year. Decent chance he's back for playoffs, BUT will they be able to sign Klay now? I expected him back.
Enzo The Baker
AG
My thoughts as well. More likely he goes back to the Warriors.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Frok said:

A top 25 player all- time joining a 70+ win team was awful for NBA fans in general too.

You and those clapping Raptors fans can all celebrate now. Congrats.
Gigemags382
AG
As much as I hate the Warriors and Durant (primarily for his decision to go to the Warriors), I agree it's pretty disingenuous to call him an idiot for trying to play based on what we know right now. If he was cleared and sat out, we definitely would have thrown **** at him.

With that said, it's really hard to believe that this torn Achilles (if that is what it is) is just a huge coincidental fluke. I guess that's in the realm of possibilities, but it really seems like the team doctors missed something and really ****ed up here.

I also have to wonder if the previous injury really was a calf injury, or if it was Achilles related. If it was Achilles related and they were just saying calf in the media, Durant really was an idiot for coming back.

Could it have been a calf injury, but just made him much more susceptible to an Achilles tear? I really have no idea. But even if that's the case, surely the team doctors have to be aware of that. And I can't believe that Durant would jeopardize his career playing at a higher risk of a major Achilles injury.

Again, too little information right now to be calling Durant an idiot for playing. But something is really fishy here, or this was one of the biggest coincidental fluke injuries in sports history.
Bunk Moreland
Quote:

FFS get over it. Those fans had no idea he ruptured his achilles. For all they knew he just re-aggravated the 'calf' injury. They got caught up in the moment realizing what ultimately KD being out meant as it pertained to the series, and within 10 seconds was quieted down by their own players.

Not only that, it wasn't like the arena erupted about the injury. Guys courtside and a small flurry of cheers.

What an overreaction.
Ags #1
AG
Not sure of the context of the question but he is pretty much correct. Nobody in America or Canada likes the warriors except the Bay Area.
s13fenton
This is not a relevant take anymore. Yes the warriors still have 4 all stars but Cousins is a SHELL of himself and Draymond offensively is not what he was during '15-'17. The Raptors roster is significantly better all around, they legit have 7 guys who are consistently a threat to score. The Warriors have 2.

Every key player on the Raptors outside of Van Fleet and Siakam has major playoff experience, so as a team yes the Raptors are inexperienced in this situation, but as a roster they were probably second to GSW for overall big time game experience (Kawhi, Green- 2 finals runs, 2 conference finals runs, Gasol- Several Conference finals runs, Lowry- every year vs Lebron, Ibaka- One finals and several conference finals runs). That is what makes this series so awesome is this is the first time in the finals the Warriors are outmatched.
Bunk Moreland
Draymond isn't what he is offensively only because of Durant. Without KD, Dray turns back into his normal self and is a triple double machine.
Grapesoda2525
Ags #1 said:

Not sure of the context of the question but he is pretty much correct. Nobody in America or Canada likes the warriors except the Bay Area.
Emphasis on nobody. The warriors have the Bay Area, Nevada ( gamblers like to make money off them), and Hawaii ( i'll just say similar demographics to the Bay Area).
Grapesoda2525
Pumpkinhead said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Frok said:

You probably cheered when the Warriors part owner shoved Lowry.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Frok said:

You probably cheered when the Warriors part owner shoved Lowry.
Nope. And there is a post on this thread to prove it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.