NBA Finals

63,746 Views | 843 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Saint Pablo
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jackal99
Forum Troll
AG
Vicious.
Sports-Ag
AG
Didn't anyone feel that the Finals lasted forever?
Grapesoda2525
Sports-Ag said:

Didn't anyone feel that the Finals lasted forever?
Because of the 2 days in between games bull crap.
Texas A&M
Can Kawhi win a title and finals MVP with a third team?
Olsen
AG
k20dub said:

I like Ujiri but I'm not sure if he's worth THAT much. But if I were him, I would take that deal...
s13fenton
He is the greatest shooter of all time. Prove it wrong.
ja86
AG
Texas A&M said:

Probably . Never would have figured that though watching him at sdsu. He was good, but not this good.
s13fenton
ja86 said:

Texas A&M said:

Probably . Never would have figured that though watching him at sdsu. He was good, but not this good.
His offensive game absolutely exploded throughout the '15-'16 season and he's only gotten better.
rsf0626
KD played for 13 minutes the entire series, how can you say Toronto dominated the series when the best player on earth never even stepped on the court for the opponent?. I have no doubt the warriors would have won this series if he didnt get injured
Texas A&M
rsf0626 said:

KD played for 13 minutes the entire series, how can you say Toronto dominated the series when the best player on earth never even stepped on the court for the opponent?. I have no doubt the warriors would have won this series if he didnt get injured
And I have no doubt the Rockets would have beaten GS last year if Paul didn't get hurt. Is their championship tainted?
CFTXAG10
AG
I didn't think about it at the time, but the finals pretty much ended on a Draymond Green technical foul. How poetic.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Can we all agree strep isn't clutch? Greater shooter yeah, but clutch no. He is 0-8 in his career in the playoffs when shooting go ahead 3s. Give me Klay any day of the week over Steph
Grapesoda2525
Did Draymond shake hands?

He seems like a shake when you win and bolt to the locker room when you lose kind of guy.
Olsen
AG
Texas A&M said:

LeBron is attempting to do this with the Lakers.
biobioprof
Grapesoda2525 said:

Did Draymond shake hands?

He seems like a shake when you win and bolt to the locker room when you lose kind of guy.
You sound like you want this to be true but I'm pretty sure it isn't. The warriors stayed long enough to congratulate the Raptors. I thought I saw Draymond after they showed Steph hugging Lowry.
Petrino1
Yes they showed Draymond hugging Kawhi at the end and exchanging some pleasantries.
Olsen
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Oh my,
Toptierag2018
Torn ACL for Klay. Unbelievable
Texas A&M
What's their playoff seeding ceiling next year? Is Curry enough to drag them to a 7 or 8 seed?
Sports-Ag
AG
Wow
Toptierag2018
Toronto just screwed over team USA for the olympics. No KD, no Klay, many other probably sit out too.
txagman1998
AG
Quote:

Kind of have to put an asterisk next to this finals for the raptors. Would love to see how the raptors would have fared against a fully healthy warriors team with KD and klay not injured

2015: Kevin Love injured during Eastern Conference playoffs, out for NBA Finals. Kyrie injured in OT of NBA Finals Game 1, out for series. Warriors win NBA championship in 6 games (Cavs and Warriors split regular season series).

2017: Spurs up big in WCF Game 1. Zaza Pachulia closes out on Kawhi while shooting, knocking Kawhi out of game and series. Warriors sweep Spurs in WCF, then win NBA Championship (Spurs won regular season series 2-1).

2018: Rockets take 3-2 lead over Warriors in WCF. In final minute of Game 5, Chris Paul gets hurt and misses rest of series. Warriors win WCF in 7 games, then win NBA Championship (Rockets won regular season series 2-1).

Now what was that about an asterisk?
Grapesoda2525
txagman1998 said:

Quote:

Kind of have to put an asterisk next to this finals for the raptors. Would love to see how the raptors would have fared against a fully healthy warriors team with KD and klay not injured

2015: Kevin Love injured during Eastern Conference playoffs, out for NBA Finals. Kyrie injured in OT of NBA Finals Game 1, out for series. Warriors win NBA championship in 6 games (Cavs and Warriors split regular season series).

2017: Spurs up big in WCF Game 1. Zaza Pachulia closes out on Kawhi while shooting, knocking Kawhi out of game and series. Warriors sweep Spurs in WCF, then win NBA Championship (Spurs won regular season series 2-1).

2018: Rockets take 3-2 lead over Warriors in WCF. In final minute of Game 5, Chris Paul gets hurt and misses rest of series. Warriors win WCF in 7 games, then win NBA Championship (Rockets won regular season series 2-1).

Now what was that about an asterisk?
I'm a mavs fan and honestly Kawhi getting hurt pissed me off the most. I thought it was intentional by pachulia. I knew my team sucked. I was geared up to watch a very good series and hope that the spurs beat the bullies of the NBA then pachulia ruins the series right as it was going to get good.

The spurs were ahead by a crazy amount 25-30 points in game 1 on the road at the craphole arena known as the oracle. They were going to win game 1 for sure. When Kawhi went down, EVERYTHING turned. If I was a spurs fan, I would've been so devastated and pissed off. I think the series would've gone 6 or 7 for sure especially with the spurs taking game 1 with a healthy Kawhi.

I never follow the ECF and the warriors weren't really on my radar in 2015 so I didn't really care about it at the time.

Chris Paul going down was disappointing as well, but similar to when Durant went down, the rockets had their chances. They just couldn't execute when it really mattered.
Scientific
AG
Here come the Warrior apologist. "Injuries are a part of the game". "If KD was Healthy". Did Warrior fans give the Cavs these excuses for missing Kyrie the first time? Or Last year when LeBron had no one. They beat the Blazers easily without KD.

Warriors were down 3-1 this series. Had the Raptors not choked at home, the Warriors may have been swept. In no way was it guaranteed they were winning this game even if Klay played the 4th. The irony is, they wouldve been better off being swept & avoid these injuries to their stars.

All in all, the Raptors earned this.
Wrighty
AG
Great Finals.

Here's to next year being this unpredictable and exciting too.
Pumpkinhead
AG
This article 'The day the World came to love the Warriors' was clearly written for you.

Yeah sure, right now on TexAgs you are full of Warriors hate, but many many years from now when your great grandkids are bragging about some obnoxious current team dominating everyone being the GOAT, you will be bragging to that clueless younger generation about how awesome and amazing to watch this Warriors team was.

And no point in trying to deny it right now, which you will, because deep deep deep down you know that will be true.

https://www.theringer.com/2019/6/14/18678690/golden-state-warriors-kevin-durant-klay-thompson-injuries-underdogs-dynasty
amercer
AG
Texas A&M said:

What's their playoff seeding ceiling next year? Is Curry enough to drag them to a 7 or 8 seed?

He got Davidson a 4 seed?

Klay seems like a rehab maniac, and KD will want to play by the end of next year to show he's healthy for a max deal.

They could be the most dangerous 8 seed ever.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Lakers are a 5-1 favorite next year? What does Vegas know
TitanAGGIE09
AG
2 words. Anthony Davis
Mike Elko
AG
Olsen said:

Any Spurs fans feeling sick right now?
Five rings, so nope. Kawhi knows he quit on the organization. Oh, and Spurs are still better than your team.
Pumpkinhead
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Olsen said:

Any Spurs fans feeling sick right now?
Five rings, so nope. Kawhi knows he quit on the organization. Oh, and Spurs are still better than your team.
The Spurs being able to go seamlessly and imediately from a Duncan era winning rings to a Kawhi era winning rings was apparently in the 'Story too Good to Be True' category.
CrottyKid
AG
If I was the Warriors, I would tank next season. Just everyone take the year off.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.