NBA Finals

63,693 Views | 843 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Saint Pablo
Tyrone_The_Tuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No point in watching the next game. NBA will make sure it goes 7
Bunk Moreland
First time all series I thought Nurse ****ed up.

Call a timeout and prepare something.
TyHolden
AG
digital_ag said:

Broba Fett said:

Stupid play by Raptors with that giftwrap at the end. Drive to the bucket and draw your foul. Don't shoot a hurried 3.
Zero % chance they were calling a foul no matter what happened.

Ask auburn about that...
And tech..
CasualObserver44
AG
k20dub said:

Lowry off the back of the backboard
Double Kawhi, leave Lowry wide open, and he misses by 6 feet. Wow.
amercer
AG
Gigemags382 said:

How are there so many Warriors fans outside CA? I don't get it. Or y'all just hate Kawhi.

Whatever.

I like the way they play and I'm glad the rest of the (non houston) NBA is going that way too.

No problem if Toronto wins though, they are a complete team. They choked something terrible at the end tonight though.
Ulrich
Broba Fett said:

Stupid play by Raptors with that giftwrap at the end. Drive to the bucket and draw your foul. Don't shoot a hurried 3.

It's a closeout game in the finals, you have to play for a good shot because very few fouls are called in that situation. That said... Toronto didn't play for a good shot, either.
GCP12
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

That Nurse timeout at 3 mins could turn out to have been monumentally stupid. Killed all the momentum.
I was wondering how the hell the warriors were able to call a time out while Toronto had the ball. Wtf was Nurse thinking?
CFTXAG10
AG
Turning point was Nick Nurse calling timeout with 3 minutes left for no reason when Kawhi was going in raw and they had an injury plagued Warriors team on the ropes
Grapesoda2525
Bunk Moreland said:

Would hate to hear he tore his Achilles but... That's what it looks like.
He was an idiot to come back.
digital_ag
AG
Did Kawhi make a shot after that timeout? He was on fire.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Lowry have the yips after that brick. That was Vanderjagt territory.
Olsen
AG
This Thursday at Oracle Arena will be the last NBA game there. Expect the whole arena will be at full capacity.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Forgiven_Ag said:

Eh, I guess that is why the NBA made sure Warriors won Game 4, huh? To make sure it was a 7 game series?
Bunk Moreland
Raptors in an enviable position though. Yeah they ****ed up with their shot but they have two more chances.
s13fenton
Seven Costanza
AG
Forgiven_Ag said:

There have been seven Finals Game 7s in the past 38 years. They really suck at rigging these things.
Grapesoda2525
Durant really isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

He was clearly struggling with his injury before today and less than a month before free agency he comes back out there. I guess he wanted to play the hero role, but he won't be on the warriors next year and he should've been thinking about his future.
WES2006AG
AG
I found a little more respect for KD after trying to play tonight. Tried to tough it out to help his team.
Pumpkinhead
AG
I know many on this thread seem to hate the Warriors, but they are a very mentally tough team. Most other teams would have folded in that game tonight. Lost Durant again, then They got punched hard in the 4th and were down 103-97 with 3 minutes left and somehow survived. On the road, with the other team thiiiiiiiis close to tasting NBA title.
Grapesoda2525
WES2006AG said:

I found a little more respect for KD after trying to play tonight. Tried to tough it out to help his team.
I'd agree with you if Durant was an older player without a ring and this was probably his last shot, but he has 2 rings already and won't be on the warriors next year. Now he might miss next season if this injury is serious. The NBA is still a business and he might've hurt himself financially by getting seriously hurt.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
CFTXAG10 said:

Turning point was Nick Nurse calling timeout with 3 minutes left for no reason when Kawhi was going in raw and they had an injury plagued Warriors team on the ropes

Truth
Sports-Ag
AG
digital_ag said:

Did Kawhi make a shot after that timeout? He was on fire.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Lowry have the yips after that brick. That was Vanderjagt territory.

No. The only shot they got was goal tend by Cousins that Lowry shot.
Toptierag2018
Olsen said:

This Thursday at Oracle Arena will be the last NBA game there. Expect the whole arena will be at full capacity.

Can you see the Warriors losing 3 straight games at Oracle in the Finals?
Bunk Moreland
Raptors were 8-32 from 3 and lost by 1.
Saint Pablo
Pumpkinhead said:

I know many on this thread seem to hate the Warriors, but they are a very mentally tough team. Most other teams would have folded in that game tonight. Lost Durant again, then They got punched hard in the 4th and were down 103-97 with 3 minutes left and somehow survived. On the road, with the other team thiiiiiiiis close to tasting NBA title.
does not change how much I hate them.
WES2006AG
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

WES2006AG said:

I'd agree with you if Durant was an older player without a ring and this was probably his last shot, but he has 2 rings already and won't be on the warriors next year. Now he might miss next season if this injury is serious. The NBA is still a business and he might've hurt himself financially by getting seriously hurt.

Another ring and helping his current team take precedence over anything going on in the 2019-2020 NBA season.
Bunk Moreland
Toptierag2018 said:

Olsen said:

Can you see the Warriors losing 3 straight games at Oracle in the Finals?

Could you see them losing 2 straight at home in the Finals or 3 straight vs the same team in 1 season? Raptors have done both of those already. I think game 6 is going to be very competitive.
Sports-Ag
AG
Shock by many things in the end.

1. Nick Nurse 2 timeouts he took that killed their momentum.
2. Toronto not getting good shots and blowing their chances with the lead.
3. Warriors 2 straight turnovers with having the lead that almost gave the game away.
BlackLab
AG
BlackLab
AG
Kd dancing pregame?

Pumpkinhead
AG
Who the f*** knows what is going to happen in Game 6.

5 games thus far and the home team is 1-4. Just a nutty series.

Only thing for sure now is Durant is gone for good. Speculation over on that topic now.
Grapesoda2525
Story of the game is the raptors shot like **** from 3 point land. They don't have any trouble getting good shots, they just gotta make them. 2 games out of 5 they have shot poorly and those are the games they have lost. You have to punish golden state when they make mistakes if you're going to win, and the raptors didn't do that tonight.
Texas A&M
No Durant, No Looney, Cousins having to play big minutes. It ain't over till it's over, but Toronto still wins this.
mazag08
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

No doubt. They look as focused down 12 as they do in a tie game. But it helps to have 4 all stars even without Durant. Kind of gives you an extra level of confidence that teams with only 1 or 2 don't have the luxury of.
. . .
Quote:

Warriors GM Bob Myers on Kevin Durant injury: "He was cleared to play tonight. that was a collaborative decision. I don't believe there's anybody to blame. I understand this world, if you have to, you can blame me. I run our basketball operations department."

"Kevin Durant loves to play basketball. The people that questioned whether he wanted to get back to this team is wrong. He's one of the most misunderstood people. He's a good teammate and he's a good person. It's not fair. I'm lucky to know him."

Bunk Moreland
Least shocking news ever.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.