NBA Finals

63,725 Views | 843 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Saint Pablo
GCP12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's fair, I just don't think this game is over. Closer than when I first commented, though lol
GCP12
AG
yukmonkey said:

Draymond looks horrible
If draymond plays like he has since Durant went down, this is probably a 4-5 point game right now.
CFTXAG10
AG
That should do it
CrottyKid
AG
Raptors are manhandling the Warriors right now. GS needs to learn how to play disciplined defense.
Matsui
AG
These games are very exciting! Toronto is very talented.
Bunk Moreland
No travel and no foul.
CFTXAG10
AG
How do you miss that?
Saint Pablo
How in the world do they miss the Draymond foul on that three?
amercer
AG
I would have taken Curry out 10 minutes ago. I guess they are trying to get momentum for game 4
flashplayer
AG
Lol. Kawhi with the no dribble four step pirouette to Van Vleet for the win. Klay Thompson and Kevin Durant better be walking through that door.
amercer
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

No travel and no foul.

These refs should sit the rest of the series out
Olsen
AG
First time since the 2016 NBA Finals where the Warriors have lost more than 1 game in the series.
Grapesoda2525
Refs tried to let the warriors back in it, but it wasn't enough.

I thought it was funny how curry was on the floor trying to get the ball, raptor player tied him up, foul on raptor player.

2 mins later..... raptor player on floor, curry tied him up, jump ball?
CFTXAG10
AG
Drake after the W

CFTXAG10
AG
Lowry and Green going 11/19 from 3 for Toronto was huge
FriscoKid
AG
GCP12 said:

That's fair, I just don't think this game is over. Closer than when I first commented, though lol

And...
MS08
AG
Phenomenal production from the Raptors starting 5. Do not care what stars you have or what stars are injured...really tough to beat a team when a starting 5 is as good as they were tonight. Hats off to them
Carlo4
AG
Edit wrong sport!
gordo97
AG
Raptors are f-ed..... drake curse
Pumpkinhead
AG
I was cool with Durant being out because that made this Finals series a lot more interesting and in my opinion about a '50-50' dogfight that could go either way, but losing also Klay shifts the advantage too far to Toronto.

Warriors don't have either a great ISO option (without Durant) or enough shooting without Klay to be as lethal in their motion offense...and Thompson in particular was a big part of their defensive scheme as well. In those circumstances, now you are mostly just watching how many points Curry can ring up in a losing effort.
brownbrick
AG
Grapesoda makes me lol with his hate posting on the warriors. Enjoy a great game by Toronto man.
Grapesoda2525
Pumpkinhead said:

I was cool with Durant being out because that made this Finals series a lot more interesting and in my opinion about a '50-50' dogfight that could go either way, but losing also Klay shifts the advantage too far to Toronto.

Warriors don't have either a great ISO option (without Durant) or enough shooting without Klay to be as lethal in their motion offense...and Thompson in particular was a big part of their defensive scheme as well. In those circumstances, now you are mostly just watching how many points Curry can ring up in a losing effort.
I know it's because of injuries, but tons of people are undoubtedly enjoying watching this team lose. I told my friend, I know it's USA vs. Canada, but most Americans except for the ones on or near the west coast, are actually rooting for Canada. Which would never happen unless the team from the US was very dislikeable.
Grapesoda2525

Grapesoda2525

Stay classy Bay Area.
CFTXAG10
AG
I thought about that last night and saw similar posts floating around social media. Steph got a hard dose of reality last night. They may not need Durant back, but they definitely need at least one of him or Klay.
Grapesoda2525
CFTXAG10 said:

I thought about that last night and saw similar posts floating around social media. Steph got a hard dose of reality last night. They may not need Durant back, but they definitely need at least one of him or Klay.
It's hard to imagine the warriors defense returning at a high level, even if klay comes back. Klay's hamstring strain isn't going to heal in 5 days, and as much as I hate to admit, he was a huge part of their defense. His offense goes without saying, he carried them in the first half of game 2.

The series has been better than I expected so far because the outcome doesn't feel predetermined. I've watched a lot more than I expected too. The raptors are one epic and almost unprecedented cold streak in the 3rd quarter away from being up 3-0, but GS did a good job of fighting in all 3 games so far. The drama of "whose playing?" and "how effective will they be?" has been interesting too.

I know people say that stars being on the sidelines hurts the game, but this is the rare instance where injuries have made this series more exciting. Both teams can still win.
Pumpkinhead
AG
If the Warriors are a total M.A.S.H. unit with tons of injuries (like they were in Game 3) or if the Warriors are completely healthy (the unstoppable version with Durant)...then the game gets a heck of a lot more boring to me since you already pretty much know who is going to win the series before the game starts. Like the series last year...you could see a sweep of the Cavs coming a mile away after Game 2. Boring.

The good news is...everything seems to point to Klay being back for Game 4...but Durant still probably being held out. Hopefully that is the case, and that Klay isn't significantly compromised. My preference is Durant never comes back but the Warriors do have Thompson...so we have fairly evenly matched teams.
Grapesoda2525
Pumpkinhead said:

If the Warriors are a total M.A.S.H. unit with tons of injuries (like they were in Game 3) or if the Warriors are completely healthy (the unstoppable version with Durant)...then the game gets a heck of a lot more boring to me since you already pretty much know who is going to win the series before the game starts. Like the series last year...you could see a sweep of the Cavs coming a mile away after Game 2. Boring.

The good news is...everything seems to point to Klay being back for Game 4...but Durant still probably being held out. Hopefully that is the case, and that Klay isn't significantly compromised. My preference is Durant never comes back but the Warriors do have Thompson...so we have fairly evenly matched teams.
Normally I'd agree with this assessment, but.....

The warriors have been in the finals for 5 years in a row and I'd bet most people are sick of them. I wouldn't mind if klay was limited, Durant can't play, and the raptors close it out in game 5.

I doubt that happens tho. I'm fully expecting the warriors to get people back and put up a fight, but I hope they have to win a game 7 in Canada to pull it off if they do win.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Normally I'd agree with this assessment, but.....

The warriors have been in the finals for 5 years in a row and I'd bet most people are sick of them. I wouldn't mind if klay was limited, Durant can't play, and the raptors close it out in game 5.

I doubt that happens tho. I'm fully expecting the warriors to get people back and put up a fight, but I hope they have to win a game 7 in Canada to pull it off if they do win.
I personally don't have any more hate for the Warriors version minus Durant that I did for the Spurs in the 2000's. Rather, I have a lot of admiration for them. That was a homegrown team with players they drafted and developed themselves, with great coaching hires and roster management. I don't hate sports organization who have kicked ass simply because they have executed better than their peers (like GSW, Spurs, Patriots, etc.)

Now the Durant thing on the other hand was like Lebron going to Miami and that I have different feelings for. That was too much and wished he'd gone somewhere else.

But the original 2015 version of the Warriors centered around Curry, Iggy, Green, and Thompson and coached by Kerr? Minus Durant. THAT team is a hell of a lot of fun to watch and yeah, they kicked other team's asses mostly but that isn't their fault. That team was built fair and square and good for them to have built such a special group.
Saint Pablo
Pumpkinhead said:

Eh I'd be fine with Curry going out too and them getting throttled if we are being honest.
Saint Pablo

This would be legendary
Saint Pablo

Also, this is hilarious
Pumpkinhead
AG
I'm old enough now and having watched several special NBA starts like Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, MJ, Shaq, Kobe, LeBron, Curry, Duncan etc....those extremely special players...and Curry is definitely one of them...you just never know how long they are going to last and I appreciate it now more watching those types of players. Its special basketball.
Saint Pablo
Pumpkinhead said:

I'm old enough now and having watched several special NBA starts like Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, MJ, Shaq, Kobe, LeBron, Curry, Duncan etc....those extremely special players...and Curry is definitely one of them...you just never know how long they are going to last and I appreciate it now more watching those types of players. Its special basketball.
The Warriors have become so detestable that I cannot get any enjoyment out of watching them play...its like Texas to me. They could have their version of Johnny Manziel, Bo Jackson, and Calvin Johnson on the field at the same time and I would not be able to get into.
GrayMatter
AG
My prediction is that both Klay and KD play in Game 4. GS knows they can't go to Toronto being down 1-3 and expect to win there. I think coaching staff talked Klay out of playing knowing that it was a shorter turn around to Game 4 on one day's rest.
The conversations will be uncomfortable, but we all have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable for progress to be made.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.