NBA Finals

63,060 Views | 843 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Saint Pablo
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They're missing Kevon Looney for likely the whole series too.

If the Warriors have Thompson, they have a good chance. If they have Durant, I think they have a clear advantage if he is close to as good as he can be.
Gigemags382
AG
Curry, Draymond, Cousins, Iggy is the best lineup in the NBA.

Now they certainly do have a depth issue with these injuries, but to say that it's unlikely the Warriors beat Toronto without Durant and Klay is frankly preposterous.
CFTXAG10
AG
biobioprof
No Klay.
Sports-Ag
AG
Raptors should win tonight. They have no excuse.
PoppaB05
AG
Wow, how was that not a carry
Gigemags382
AG
The poor Warriors have no scoring with Durant and Klay out. Could only muster 29 points in the 1st.
Grapesoda2525
I can't be the only one who saw the obvious carry missed by steph curry at the end of the quarter. He's been getting doubled teamed so there's no excuse for the refs to miss that call.

Golden state really does have some kind of Disney magical effect on the refs.
Bunk Moreland
That is a prime example of why this league is the biggest joke of the big 4. They even had to hesitate before talking about it because it was such a pathetic missed call.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Toronto should win this game with all the missing Warriors players - would be inexcusable if they don't- but Curry Probably gonna get 50+ in this one (because he has to and he is going to take a LOT of shots tonight).
Gigemags382
AG
Certainly the Raptors would happily take a blowout win, but honestly the best case for them would be a win in a fight to the death where Curry and Draymond get worn out before a quick turnaround game on Friday.

But frankly, I think the Warriors win. Curry will score 30 in the 2nd half and Iggy/Cook will combine for 6 3's down the stretch.
aggiephoenix02
This series has been great so far...
-This has been a message from the Entertainment Board Sneaker Thread Player Haterz Club President
Pumpkinhead
AG
If Toronto does not win this game then they should just forfeit playing Game 4. Game 3 has been handed to them gift wrapped.
Bunk Moreland
Another horrific missed call on the block. That wasn't even close. Raptors couldn't convert it though.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Another horrific missed call on the block. That wasn't even close. Raptors couldn't convert it though.

Curry should have been called for carrying, but That charge call on Kawhi was fine.
CFTXAG10
AG
Heel clearly on the restricted area
amercer
AG
Refs struggling both ways tonight
Gigemags382
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

If Toronto does not win this game then they should just forfeit playing Game 4. Game 3 has been handed to them gift wrapped.

Is this the best opportunity they could ask for? Yes. Is it gift wrapped? That's a joke. Curry, Draymond, Cousins, Iggy are the best starting lineup in the NBA. Adding Klay and Durant makes them unbeatable in a 7 game series. This team on the floor tonight for the Warriors is fantastic. Just not the unbeatable team we're used to.

That's why the Durant signing was absurd.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Gigemags382 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Is this the best opportunity they could ask for? Yes. Is it gift wrapped? That's a joke. Curry, Draymond, Cousins, Iggy are the best starting lineup in the NBA. Adding Klay and Durant makes them unbeatable in a 7 game series. This team on the floor tonight for the Warriors is fantastic. Just not the unbeatable team we're used to.

That's why the Durant signing was absurd.

The game has been 'gift wrapped' absolutely. Cousins is a diminished version of himself (Gasol is a better player than him or Bogut now) and Iggy and Draymond can't shoot. Curry is the only guy who can shoot. Toronto is just constantly doubling steph and daring everybody else.

Watch the game closer and notice how Toronto is just sagging off anybody not named Curry or Quin Cook...packing the paint.
amercer
AG
Bigs are seriously overrated in today's game, and cousins is hurt.

The warriors are still dangerous but they're game plan is based on spacing for shooters (plural) Hard to change that on the fly
Grapesoda2525
Raptors are letting them hang around with some clumsy play. Draymond Green has gotta be the most detestable player in NBA history. Everytime he's on camera he's yelling at the refs.
amercer
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Raptors are letting them hang around with some clumsy play. Draymond Green has gotta be the most detestable player in NBA history. Everytime he's on camera he's yelling at the refs.

You misspelled Bill Laimbeer
amercer
AG
Has the nba ever switched refs at half? These guys look lost on both ends
Texas A&M
Lowry isn't the smartest of players.
CFTXAG10
AG
Raptors had chances to pull away but couldn't do it. Warriors daring someone besides Kawhi to beat them
Pumpkinhead
AG
amercer said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

You misspelled Bill Laimbeer

Draymond Green is definitely the kind of player you love if on your team but hate if not. Laimbeer, I would have probably disliked even if playing for my favorite team.
GCP12
AG
Texas A&M said:

Lowry isn't the smartest of players.
I guess I just haven't watched a lot of Lowry, but that last 2-3 minutes was some of the most ridiculous stuff I've ever seen.

It's like he wanted to get to 4 fouls. He should have 4, too. Fouled curry as he's getting inside the 3 point line while in the bonus. Then fouled him at half court while in the bonus. He's lucky he didn't get called for the foul on cook off the screen. Mightve been a 4 point play for the warriors.
flashplayer
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

___________ has gotta be the most detestable player in NBA history. Everytime he's on camera he's yelling at the refs.

Insert 95% of all star caliber players names in blank. It works.
aggiephoenix02
Is Drake at the game!?!! Is that him next to the bench in the red jersey!?!
-This has been a message from the Entertainment Board Sneaker Thread Player Haterz Club President
Pumpkinhead
AG
Bunch of threes by Danny Green pretty much sealed deal and turned 4th quarter into garbage time. We'll see who Warriors bring back on Friday because they can't afford to lose Game 4.
FriscoKid
AG
I'm shocked. I thought GS was a lock, but they have gotten their tails kicked.
CFTXAG10
AG
13 can disappear quickly. Raptors can't let them hang around here in the 4th
GCP12
AG
I'm not saying GS is gonna win, but I think you guys are crazy to think it's over.
FriscoKid
AG
GCP12 said:

I'm not saying GS is gonna win, but I think you guys are crazy to think it's over.

This series is not what most people expected.
Phat32
AG
Draymond looks horrible

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.