Manchester United 26-27 Thread

30,185 Views | 792 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Showstopper
Artorias
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hull City the more physical team so far
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I missed the first 25 minutes but based on what I've seen, I'll be surprised if Dorgu starts the 2nd half.
Showstopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not a good game so far by Dorgu. I mean, he's not alone, but, not a good start.
Showstopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
F me
Artorias
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow Hull clearly the better team first half
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Widely assumed to be the worst team that has ever played in the EPL. Good way to kill the vibes.
Showstopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was not looking forward to a weekend of people singing "You're going down with United…" but here we are.
Showstopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think maybe warm Rashy up…
mernaggie12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dorgu and Heaven have been terrible. What a start to the season.
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Man, gotta avoid all the media outlets for a good solid week. Minimum.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dorgu fancies himself a forward. He needs to let the actual forwards get on the ball.

Hull is morphing between a 5-4-1 and a 6-3-1. It's going to be almost impossible to do anything in the offensive 1/3 against that.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dre_00 said:

Widely assumed to be the worst team that has ever played in the EPL. Good way to kill the vibes.


Hull looks significantly better than Coventry. They were awful yesterday.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here we go. Rashford for Dorgu.
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agree but consider each team's opponent
Thunder18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zero end product so far. Everyone wants to play hero ball
Showstopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Showstopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can't buy a goal
Thunder18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maguire attempting weak foot shots from the edge of the box ain't gonna cut it
Showstopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well next week looks like a really productive week for me at work, so that's a positive lol.
Thunder18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You know we've lost the plot when Maguire is the focal point of our attack
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

-noted Manchester United fan "Red" Redding in The Shawshank Redemption.
Artorias
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UTD looked uninspired. Grats to Hull City
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My only hope for this year is that we wouldn't be looking for a new manager…
Showstopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I thought it was fake talk that a Barcelona-born and raised kid would leave Barcelona, but Balde is not in their squad today… so maybe?
Showstopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

'I spoke with Balde this morning and told him that I think he's not here 100%, that he should clear his mind and then we'll talk,' said Flick.


https://www.dailymail.com/sport/football/article-16074293/amp/Carlos-Baleba-passes-Man-United-medical-ahead-70m-Old-Trafford-chiefs-monitor-Barcelona-star-Alejandro-Balde.html

Hansi Flick's quote kind of acknowledges it and is not exactly shooting it down. If they are trying to get him out, maybe we could even get a decent deal…
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Athletic reporting that 45m EUR has been mentioned as fee required for Balde. United are hesitant to pay that much and would prefer a loan. Could be that they also prefer a loan so that they can go back for Lewis Hall next summer.

Either way, worrying that 45m is too much when you're net spend is at most 100m isn't great.
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I personally doubt Balde happens. Players don't generally leave Barca or Real unless they are explicitly told to get lost. And it doesn't seem like Barca are at that point with Balde.
Showstopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't know, I think they may be near that point, but they are publicly acting like they aren't so as to not kill their bargaining position so much. I don't think this was the player's idea.

One of the two wants him to leave otherwise it wouldn't be coming up; it doesn't seem like it was our idea.

Edit: Just to clarify, that doesn't mean I'm optimistic we actually get him. Their idea that first ten Hag summer was "Let's sell Frenkie de Jong to United," and his idea was, "I'm owed a lot of money and my girlfriend likes it here so what about…. No." And leave he did not.
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zirkzee to Fiorentina seems likely. 5m EUR loan fee with an option to buy. I like his game a lot but he was never a proper fit.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would much prefer Rasmus Hojlund. Zirkzee has 0 foot skills. He's tall but literally has no touch on a ball at all.
mernaggie12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Insane to see Liverpool buying multiple $100+m players and we are hoping to find a cheap LB. I hate the Blazers
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Emi Martinez to Chelsea.

It's like they are collecting Argentinian players that everyone hates.
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Toby Collyer off to West Brom for 3m + 5m in add-ons. 40% sell on clause. Wild that he was ahead of Casemiro on the depth chart for a significant period of time under Amorim.
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rashford to start.
Aston94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I really am interested in seeing what a Rashford-Mbueno-Cunha front three can generate. I think it could be really a strong offensive front line with Bruno behind serving them on a platter.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.