Arsenal 2024-2025 Thread

47,680 Views | 999 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by zgolfz85
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Martinelli!!!
OneBlitzer
AG
MARTINELLI!!!! Great goal and assist(Saka)!!!
TXAggie2011
AG
Let's hope VAR doesn't **** us drawing the wrong line or something here
TXAggie2011
AG
It's onside!
Project Gemini
AG
Taking them a long time to decide to screw us
ShackelfordAg99
(Hopefully) Little Gabi is BACK!!
AustinScubaAg
AG
Little Gabi type goal there.
AustinScubaAg
AG
Ugh they are rattled in the back.
Ag Since 83
AG
Not loving Calafiori's defending. Giving me Zinchenko vibes.
AustinScubaAg
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Not loving Calafiori's defending. Giving me Zinchenko vibes.

Today yes but was much better in other games.
OneBlitzer
AG
Tomi back on the pitch!
AustinScubaAg
AG
Hopefully Timber is not out long.
AustinScubaAg
AG
Saka!!!!!
OneBlitzer
AG
SAKA! Nice finish! 3-1!
Ag Since 83
AG
Poor Rambo deserved a better destination than this
OneBlitzer
AG
3 points!
wangus12
AG
Glad to get 3 points with a rotated side. Arteta needs to sit Jesus down with film from his last several appearances show how poor his decision making has been. He's pressing so hard to make something happen that he is skipping the simple things. Make the easy decision and it'll come naturally. He's carrying it too long and trying to do it all himself
wangus12
AG
Fun fact. Southampton's manager Russell Martin played against Arsenal for Norwich when Jack Wilshere scored that insane goal
Ghost of Andrew Eaton

I'm hoping this is just an "avoid meaningless friendlies" injury.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
CatD11Ag
AG
Rewatching Southhampton match.
Their young guy Dibling (no shin guards) can run. Looks to be a good young player.
They got a couple of close plays late in the match. Near one off a corner, then a ball crossing front of goal off a Dibling run.
I don't think Partey was bad at right back. It's not his natural position and I think he played decently. It's easy to pick out Thomas just by the way he runs.
Rice is playing, but he is not at his best. Feel like he is working hard right now with mixed results.
Final goal by Saka resembles the match. Trossard goes on a run, several defenders around him and the ball bounces out to Saka for the shot.
Havertz goal was a beauty. I find myself watching Havertz every run - he doesn't seem to be fast but he knows where to be and gets there.
agdoc2001
AG
I sent a text to my brother saying I hope we sign Dibling as soon as Southampton are relegated. What a player that kid is.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chjoak
AG
agdoc2001 said:

I sent a text to my brother saying I hope we sign Dibling as soon as Southampton are relegated. What a player that kid is.
He is absolutely one to watch and I am sure Mikel took notice. His defensive work rate as a winger was fantastic.
CatD11Ag
AG
I watched his run with Martinelli a few times. The possession late in the match, where Martinelli is going full speed ahead of him. Dibling ran him down and deftly took the ball away.

I kept thinking - if they get relegated gotta see about getting this kid.
TXAggie2011
AG
Bayern absolutely destroying the ladies in the Champions League, its now 5-2, just a few days after an incredibly awful 0-0 draw with a mediocre Everton.

I have to wonder if this is finally the beginning of the end for head coach Jonas Eidevall
wangus12
AG
It needs to be. He just doesn't have it and has been massively underachieving
CatD11Ag
AG
I have been watching some Champions League matches involving clubs outside the EPL. Last night I watched a replay of Real Madrid vs Napoli. This prompted me to do some research about La Liga, as there are now rumors about Madrid going after Saliba for 2025.

Can someone please explain to me how Madrid has a "salary cap" of ~750 million euros? When I look at this it is pure insanity. I believe there are financial sustainability rules with La Liga but how can you have a club that is 500 million over the rest of the clubs? I realize I am a novice but this makes little sense.

CatD11Ag
AG
I did find this information but still unclear how Madrid's budget is 754 million euros.

"La Liga has officially announced the salary limits for the 2024-25 season, with Real Madrid once again sitting atop the rankings with the highest spending capacity. This news comes as part of the annual salary limit update, which dictates how much each club can allocate towards players, coaching staff, and various team operations across both Spain's first and second divisions.

Real Madrid, backed by their robust financial foundation, have set a new standard with a staggering salary cap of 754 million for the upcoming season. This marks an increase from last year's limit of 727 million, further solidifying Los Blancos' position as the club with the most room to maneuver in the transfer market and player wages. Their healthy financial outlook has consistently allowed them to maintain a competitive edge, both on and off the pitch, compared to their rivals."
wangus12
AG
Saliba is going to eventually go. He's probably the one player that I see leaving sooner rather than later. I think he has 2 years left on his deal. Arsenal need to be in contract negotiations right now and make him incredibly highly paid. Get another 4 year deal and then prepare to sell him. I just don't think he finishes his career here.

That said, you cannot let him leave on a free. He's the best CB in the world. You get Madrid to cash out big time if they want him 130m+ needs to be the minimum
TXAggie2011
AG
If we can prevent Saliba from moving to Madrid for the nex year and a half or two years, some of that pressure might ease and Madrid might want to look elsewhere before then. They are just getting so old and constantly injured on the back line.

They need replacements in now.
AustinScubaAg
AG
Looks like Odegaard is running but so far limited to a Zero G treadmill which means not full body weight. I suspect at least 2 to 3 more weeks at a minimum.
wangus12
AG
Saka went off injured for England today. Walked off so hopefully nothing serious
PJYoung
AG
AustinScubaAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Saka went off injured for England today. Walked off so hopefully nothing serious
Why call up players for meaningless friendlies? The load on top players is insane.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
I'm hoping he faked it.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
TXAggie2011
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.