Arsenal 2024-2025 Thread

47,662 Views | 999 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by zgolfz85
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dre_00 said:

I thought he gave him the yellow for the foul but I'm 90% sure he gave it for kicking the ball away. Which is even more absurd.

Especially when you consider the timing and situation. Watch the replay.... He was going to clear the ball and backed off when he heard the whistle. The time between whistle and kick was FAR too short to expect him not to play it.
TXAggie2011
AG
Thank you Robbie. "Shocking, terrible decision"
agdoc2001
AG
I thought it was for the foul. Still ridiculous that Arsenal seems to be the only team this law is enforced for.

I watched the Forest-brighton game this morning and saw at least 2 players kick the ball away and neither was penalized.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gougler08
AG
Well **** it, anchor down and try to get Dias to commit a foul on the break and get him sent off
gougler08
AG
It's also as bad of a call as the van Persie one if it's for kicking the ball away. He was playing the ball in to space / doubt he heard a whistle

Absolutely atrocious refereeing
TXAggie2011
AG
Hope NBC can help clarify what the card was actually for but either way, a really lame way to blow up the biggest match of the season
AustinScubaAg
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Dre_00 said:

I thought he gave him the yellow for the foul but I'm 90% sure he gave it for kicking the ball away. Which is even more absurd.

Yeah, on replay it looks like he called a foul and then double backed for the card after Trossard kicked it

He is already trying to kick the ball when the whistle blew. If that was the card it sucks even worse.
Ag Since 83
AG
The next hour 45-55 minutes is going to be a nightmare to cope with
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
I hate *****ing about refs but **** this guy.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
TXAggie2011
AG
TXAggie2011
AG
By the way, was Michael Oliver not going to blow the half dead the second City restarted?
agdoc2001
AG
And before you "letter of the law", "he had no choice" knobs get started, Doku did the same thing in a far mor egregious manner earlier and no card was given.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AustinScubaAg
AG
No joke. No fn consistency.
TXAggie2011
AG
VAR apparently reviewed and confirmed a reckless challenge yellow?

So no one actually knows why Oliver gave the card?
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
Thanks for the discussion and clarification. I knew there had to be some kind of foul, but I know some are given the extra punishment of a card, and I thought that is what happened there. The kicking the ball away card is definitely unfortunate and was not consistent with what happened earlier.

Interestingly, they are talking about how VAR makes the officiating harder, and I think for our major sports in the US, the same could be said for replay. Officiating has seemingly gotten worse each year (or maybe with a bazillion camera angles, it is just easier to find mistakes that were being made all along that we previously weren't privy to)
agdoc2001
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

VAR can't review yellow cards
OneBlitzer
AG
COYG!!! 12vs10!!! Fight like hell!!!!
Ag Since 83
AG
Partey on a yellow is very worrisome
TXAggie2011
AG
agdoc2001 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

VAR can't review yellow cards

Yeah but they were saying on the broadcast VAR had looked at the challenge itself. I don't know what was going on. Either VAR reviewed the yellow for recklessness or they were calling for a straight red

TXAggie2011
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

The next hour 45-55 minutes is going to be a nightmare to cope with

This is awful
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Embrace the suck.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
TXAggie2011
AG
Lewis Skelly booked while warming up
Project Gemini
AG
Did Lewis Scally kick a ball away?
OneBlitzer
AG
Oliver is a card happy arse!
Ag Since 83
AG
This is reminding me of the 2006 CL final. Defending like crazy fearing the dam breaking
chjoak
AG
And why wasn't Dias carded for an elbow to the face?
PJYoung
AG
The announcer can F off dissing Califiori's beautiful goal as a probable accident. Weird.
agdoc2001
AG
chjoak said:

And why wasn't Dias carded for an elbow to the face?

Same reason he didn't send off Kovacic for a nailed on 2nd yellow las year - he didn't want to "ruin the game"
Project Gemini
AG
+18 minutes of stoppage time coming
OneBlitzer
AG
Raya! Good save!
agdoc2001
AG
Raya saves the day 3 matches in a row. He is incredible.
Producers_96
AG
This is a master class in how one questionable call can ruin what had been a great match.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
**** them refs.
OneBlitzer
AG
Crap!
TXAggie2011
AG
Oh man

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.