Arsenal 2024-2025 Thread

31,145 Views | 683 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by wangus12
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Odegaard just rolled his ankle badly and was subbed off during the Norway match
zgolfz85
AG
wangus12 said:

NOOOOOOO
gougler08
AG
wangus12 said:

International breaks
PJYoung
AG
chjoak
AG
MF is gonna look interesting with Rice, Merino & MO potentially out for the NLD
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Damn, we appear to be snake bit.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
wangus12
AG
If thats the case, my bet would probably be a midfield of Havertz, Jorginho and Partey. Slow as ****. Wild option is move Zinchenko into the 8 and start Nwaneri (definitely not happening for NLD).
agdoc2001
AG
We're cooked.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
Can wait to see Havertz getting chocked again with no consequences. How've we had the same ref twice in the first 4 matches

chjoak
AG
zgolfz85
AG
chjoak said:

done that many times. I think he's out for this weekend, but prob 2-3 weeks with that recovery team around him...at most. I did roll my ankle and shaved off a piece of bone one time and even with that, I was golfing again within a month or so (and no recovery team).

Hoping it's not as bad as it initially looked and this tweet seems to suggest as much
chjoak
AG
I have sprained my ankles more often than I can count. When I was in high school I typically got back on the field faster than I should have but was never sidelined more than a week (with no trainer intervention). Worst one was in my 20s. Stepped in a hole and twisted it really bad. Ankle swollen up HUGE and was pretty inflamed for 2 weeks. But I also continued to walk on it rather than using crutches.
wangus12
AG
Vieira and Lokonga also injured this week. Even our loanees are catching the injury bug
PJYoung
AG
AustinScubaAg
AG
PJYoung said:

was this in real doubt. They rarely don't back the match official. The process is broken.
TXAggie2011
AG
"Impactful" seems spurious, but they were never going to say "the ref had discretion" or "we don't want that called."

Oh well.
AustinScubaAg
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

"Impactful" seems spurious, but they were never going to say "the ref had discretion" or "we don't want that called."

Oh well.
Just as "impactful" as a player that clearly attempts to play a moving ball. He has no idea if the ball will stop before he attempts to kick it. Any player attempting to play fast will deliberately stop the ball so there is no no retake.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
PJYoung said:

They can **** right off.

Sorry for my usual crassness.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
wangus12
AG
Looking like no Odegaard for several weeks.

So we will be without Odegaard and Merino until probably mid October. Rice is suspended for the NLD.

Our next week is NLD (A), CL Atalanta (A), and City (A). Probably the hardest week of the season and we have basically no progressive midfield.
wangus12
AG
Arteta signs a new contract through 2027.
agdoc2001
AG
wangus12 said:

So we will be without Odegaard and Merino until probably mid October. Rice is suspended for the NLD.

Our next week is NLD (A), CL Atalanta (A), and City (A). Probably the hardest week of the season and we have basically no progressive midfield.
Adrien Rabiot still doesn't have a team. Just saying...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
agdoc2001 said:

wangus12 said:

Adrien Rabiot still doesn't have a team. Just saying...
wangus12
AG
Pretty sure that isn't possible because league and UCL registration deadlines are already gone. We could sign him but I don't think he can be registered

Not to mention he wants insane wages and signing bonuses which is why he hasn't been signed by anyone yet.
wangus12
AG
Jesus did train with the squad today and may be available Sunday. No Odegaard and looks like no Calafiori
chjoak
AG
Likely won't happen but with MO & Rice out I would be very tempted to run a 4-2-2-2 with Partey & Jorge in a double pivot and Havertz & Jesus in a double false 9 setup.
GIF Reactor
AG
wangus12 said:

Jesus did train with the squad today and may be available Sunday. No Odegaard and looks like no Calafiori
Live look at Jesus at training?

OneBlitzer
AG

gougler08
AG
Just going to run it with a slow midfield…let's see how that goes
ShackelfordAg99
Between Sterling, Jesus, and Nwaneri, we've got some offensive options off the bench.

COYG
OneBlitzer
AG
Raya with a few solid saves early in the match!
gougler08
AG
Porro is a little *****
chjoak
AG
After 5-6 replays, I still dont see what Timber did
chjoak
AG
Also..... This ref is so card happy, I would ve very surprised if we finish 11v11
TXAggie2011
AG
Martinelli is lively so far
BQ_90
AG
7 yellows in a half

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.