Manchester United 2021-22 Thread

51,328 Views | 1169 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Mathguy64
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Look at it this way...less than 3 months before we do it all over again!
PatAg
AG
Wish we could have gotten haaland
maybe we can get Gio
Thunder18
AG
Was never going to happen after he spurned us for Dortmund. Hope he stinks it up for city but I'm not going to hold my breath
Furlock Bones
AG
Huge news…

We don't have to suffer another embarrassment this weekend.
Dre_00
It appears that United is going to push hard for Frenkie de Jong. The story goes that de Jong doesn't have a great relationship with Xavi and would be interested in reuniting with ten Hag. I'm not sure I buy it (he's really going to step down from CL to Conference League?) but maybe he's just super in to rebuilds.

Additionally, ten Hag has publicly stated that he wants Ronaldo to stay. That and he admitted that he had other opportunities at other clubs with better foundations. But he wants to fix United and he feels like the club will give him the authority to do so.
Furlock Bones
AG
I love how it was initially reported that the deal was done. Of course it wasn't. We will negotiate until the last day of transfers and either overpay or not get any deal done.
Dre_00
Two good articles (yes they are subscription) if you are looking to build up some hope in the coming months so that it can (probably) be squashed next season.

Ten Hag trusts McClaren his return to United may raise eyebrows but it makes sense

The education of Erik ten Hag
Dre_00
Mata has a conversation planned with ten Hag after which he will make a decision on his future. He also gave a very candid interview about the state of the club, dressing room, etc. that will make you love him more than you already do.
Dre_00
Hannibal gets the start. ETH in the stands. Garnacho, Shoretire, Savage, and Fernandez all on the bench.
Mathguy64
AG
Strange lineup considering this match does matter. EL versus EC is a big difference. One is Thursday soccer and the other is very bad Thursday soccer.
Mathguy64
AG
I don't care if it's Ole and a 4-2-3-1, Rangnick with a 4-2-2-2 or Pep coaching this team. The lack of talent out there is going take years to correct. Collectively we are not very good soccer players.
Mathguy64
AG
The soccer IQ both on and off the pitch feels like it's at the lowest point in the last 10 years. In hindsight bringing in Rangnick instead of leaving Carrick as interim was a huge mistake.
Thunder18
AG
Mathguy64 said:

The soccer IQ both on and off the pitch feels like it's at the lowest point in the last 10 years. In hindsight bringing in Rangnick instead of leaving Carrick as interim was a huge mistake.

Or getting Conte when we had the chance
Thunder18
AG
Brighton keep us in 6th. Probably undeserved
Mathguy64
AG
Rangnick's body language walking off says it all. His give a **** factor was negative.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.