Manchester United 2021-22 Thread

51,607 Views | 1169 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Mathguy64
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Amazingly, the win puts us in 4th though Arsenal are only 4 points back with 3 games in hand. Still, it's frankly ludicrous that this team is even sniffing a top 4 place. I can only assume that the March schedule will kneecap us but...dare to dream. The EPL really is just City miles above Liverpool who are themselves miles above everyone else.
Aston94
AG
13 Matches remaining for the club:

Away Matches (7)
Leeds
City
Liverpool
Everton
Arsenal
Brighton
Palace

Home Matches (6)
Watford
Spurs
Leicester
Norwich
Brentford
Chelsea

With the squad as it is currently formed, I think United are a better counterattack team than they are a possession team. I think Ragnick knows that too, which is why he was happy to cede possession to Brighton.

Road matches would be happy with a 2-2-3 record for 9 points. Home matches against lesser clubs are going to be the determining factor. Club should go at least 4-0-2 in those 6 matches, for 14 points, and ideally they get another win and get to 16 points. Finish with 25 more points and they should get the 4th position, but who knows if this club can be consistent enough to claim the 25.
Mathguy64
AG
We have 43 points out of 25 games for a 1.72 pt/gm average. 25 from 13 is 1.92. That's a big ask.
GIF Reactor
AG
Mathguy64 said:

We have 43 points out of 25 games for a 1.72 pt/gm average. 25 from 13 is 1.92. That's a big ask.
Username definitely checks out.

Spurs fan here, I was doing similar math this morning to see if 4th was realistic or not. It's not. I figured we could drop 8 points the rest of the schedule unless everyone else falls apart as well.
gougler08
AG
Someone has to get 4th but I can't imagine fans of Man U, Arsenal or Spurs think their team is good enough to do it
ChipFTAC01
AG
Without digging into remaining schedules I have to think the arsenal has a better shot with all of those games in hand. Recency bias makes it hard for me to believe in Spurs.
Mathguy64
AG
Slabhead. Now don't give it back.
Mathguy64
AG
Playing Leeds is the perfect matchup for a team that has been scuffling.
Mathguy64
AG
I have to say that was a bad look leaving Koch out there after that head injury. I know they said it wasn't a concussion sub but he didn't look all there walking off.

ETA. With Leeds making 2 HT subs I cannot believe the first sub wasn't a concussion sub.
Thunder18
AG
Wow, incredible goal for Leeds there. De Gea caught out big time
Thunder18
AG
Ans a 2nd within seconds. Typical
Bmac04
AG
Typical United
Mathguy64
AG
Good lord. First Tierney is having a awful game. That's a foul. He's missed them everywhere. Frankly how McTominay isn't on a card is mind boggling. Second can you try and play a little defense?
Mathguy64
AG
Taking off one of the players having a good game while leaving Ronaldo on is mind boggling. Because Mr Ronaldo is not having a good game. Not at all.
Thunder18
AG
Pogba coming off before McT is absurd. Fred gets us back the lead though. Apparently Elanga got hit by something thrown from the stands
Mathguy64
AG
We are so slow making decisions to pass the ball. That's like the third open wing that had been begging for the ball.
Mathguy64
AG
McTominay gets his card about 55 minutes too late.
Mathguy64
AG
I'm sorry but Tierney is just clueless. How is McT allowed to get away with that?
Thunder18
AG
Slick flick and pass by Bruno, and Elanga coolly puts Leeds to the sword
Mathguy64
AG
With Arsenal and Spurs winning and WHU tying yesterday this was a game they had to win.
Dre_00
All I know is we scored 4 goals and one of them was from a corner so everyone call your loved ones and tell them you love them because the end of the world is nigh.
Mathguy64
AG
Well this is interesting the back line is Shaw, Maguire, Varane and Lindelof.
Mathguy64
AG
Couldnt have started any worse. Literally cannot clear the ball and are being manhandled by AM. You knew they were here to beat you up and we are soft.
Furlock Bones
AG
How does Felix get 4 yards of space on that header? Just basic crap.
Furlock Bones
AG
And with that early goal it allows Atleti to just Concacrap the hell of this match.
Furlock Bones
AG
Felix again in the box with acres of space.
Furlock Bones
AG
AM absolutely bossing us.
Mathguy64
AG
Thats not a foul.
Mathguy64
AG
Hererra with the CONCACAF foul in midfield to stop an attack, And in true CONCACAF form hes let off the hook.
Furlock Bones
AG
Holy ***** A clear yellow and the ref barely blows the foul. WTC.
Mathguy64
AG
Another. This is going to get ugly.
Mathguy64
AG
This game has turned into Hack-a-Shaq.
Furlock Bones
AG
The ref is hilariously bad and United have no idea how to cope with it.
Mathguy64
AG
First of what may be many cards for PI
Mathguy64
AG
Lindelof lucky not to get a piece of an own goal

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.