Arsenal 2017-2018 Thread

98,515 Views | 1739 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PJYoung
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apparently PSG talking about an 80m for Alexis. Take that ****, run and turn it around for Lemar
Teacher_Ag
AG
Reading offer being made from Chelsea for Ox
chjoak
AG
Don't see us selling Ox, especially to a top 4 team, unless he is demanding to move.
CoolAggie
AG
Definitely take the 80 million instead of losing him for nothing in return at the end of this season.
wangus12
AG
Also can't believe we haven't sold Perez back to Deportivo. Might as well cut your loses because he didn't get time last year up top and now we've brought in Lacazette.

I hate the way he was handled because I think he is a good quality player and he always created goals when he did get his chance.
byfLuger41
AG
Teacher_Ag said:

Reading offer being made from Chelsea for Ox
chjoak
AG
wangus12 said:

Also can't believe we haven't sold Perez back to Deportivo. Might as well cut your loses because he didn't get time last year up top and now we've brought in Lacazette.
From what I've read, it is because Deportivo is trying to undercut us and offer only half what we paid for him last year. We are willing to take a cut (paid 17-18m GBP and asking for 13-14m while Deportivo offered approx 9m) but felt that offer was insulting so we are shopping him to other clubs. Turkish clubs backed out and now the main candidates are Newcastle and Roma.

Quote:

I hate the way he was handled because I think he is a good quality player and he always created goals when he did get his chance.
Agreed. However, I read the other day that part of why he didn't get any time this past season was because he pissed AW off. Supposedly, soon after arriving he started complaining about not getting enough PT. Didn't even allow for time to adjust to the team or league just expected to be a day one starter. That pissed AW off and quickly earned Lucas a permanent spot on the bench.
chjoak
AG
CoolAggie said:

Definitely take the 80 million instead of losing him for nothing in return at the end of this season.
100% agree. Could easily use that 80 to get an Alexis replacement (Lemar, Felipe Anderson, Isco) plus CM depth (Seri, Matuidi, Goretzka)
AGC
AG
chjoak said:

CoolAggie said:

100% agree. Could easily use that 80 to get an Alexis replacement (Lemar, Felipe Anderson, Isco) plus CM depth (Seri, Matuidi, Goretzka)

Where do you see Isco playing if not cm?
chjoak
AG
Alexis's spot

Though that is highly unlikely to happen. Just after posting that I read that he is close to sighing a new deal that RM.
chjoak
AG
Alexis is now out for 2 weeks with an "injury". Interesting how that is approx how much time is left in the window.
chjoak
AG
Steven N'Zonzi submitted papers for a transfer request. He sure would look good in our midfield.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Probably reading too much into it, but Alexis' behavior and body language after the Community Shield win when someone came up to show him the trophy, to me just seemed like "eff this I'm out". Didn't really look proud of his team or invested.
chjoak
AG
He wants out. Why I think it would be a mistake to try and make him ride out the contract. Problem is that now we are unlikely to get a good offer. Teams will be bargain hunting the guys with expiring contracts at this point in the window.
gougler08
AG
Teacher_Ag said:

Probably reading too much into it, but Alexis' behavior and body language after the Community Shield win when someone came up to show him the trophy, to me just seemed like "eff this I'm out". Didn't really look proud of his team or invested.
I don't think he is invested...if we could really get 60+ for him (and actually use that to buy players by the end of the window) we should say thanks for the time and sell him
gougler08
AG
And to chjoak's point...I don't think we will a) get that much for a transfer and b) have time to re-invest on other players before the end of the window
byfLuger41
AG
Join the EPL fantasy league, puffs.
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
wangus12
AG
Woooooooooo season is back!

C'mon You Gunners!!!!!!!
wangus12
AG
1st lineup of the season.

BFG out, Ozil in

wangus12
AG
LACA ****ING ZETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PJYoung
AG
What a start!!!
PJD Ag 10
AG
Zette! I don't even know if that's a real nickname but I'm using it now
PJD Ag 10
AG
Cech mistake
PJYoung
AG
lol Monreal with a giveaway then they tie it up quickly
chjoak
AG
Yeah, Cech shouldn't have been so far outside his goal mouth. That said, Leicester has come out playing 100mph.
chjoak
AG
On a side note... been seeing tons of articles the last 2-3 days claiming there is a breakthrough with Ozil negotiations and he may be signing very soon.
wangus12
AG
Ozil was lagging as well.
chjoak
AG
Damn I'm liking Kolo at LCB.
wangus12
AG
Welbeck's shot was going in if it wasn't blocked. Good build up
chjoak
AG
Yep. Excellent buildup. Looked incredible, especially for the 1st league game.
OneBlitzer
AG
So many chances but can't finish.
OneBlitzer
AG
Too many turnovers. Nice finish by Vardy.
wangus12
AG
OneBlitzer said:

So many chances but can't finish.
And it comes back to bite us
AustinScubaAg
AG
Well crap. Typical Gunners.
chjoak
AG
Too many mistakes in our own half.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.