Arsenal 2017-2018 Thread

98,514 Views | 1739 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PJYoung
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jack rips another dudes jersey who then belts him over the head for a red card. Elneny gets sent off for also putting his hands on some dude's face.
wangus12
AG
3 points though
wangus12
AG
On the bright side, we almost got to see Kolasinac become Dolph. Would not want to fight him.

chjoak
AG
Reports this morning that Tuchel has agreed terms with PSG. Also seeing links with Lucien Favre (Nice) as being on the short list to replace Wenger.
OneBlitzer
AG
What a match yesterday! Accidentally saw the score prior to watching today so I missed the anxiety you guys endured. Welbeck did well and the conclusion was entertaining.
Gigem Trevas
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsene-wenger-suggests-he-will-stay-at-arsenal-next-season-as-he-reveals-summer-transfer-plans-a3808756.html
wangus12
AG
Well his contract is through next season so it makes sense that he is planning for the transfer window
chjoak
AG
I fully expect Kronke to let AW finish out his contract. My only hope is that the dumbace doesn't give him another extension.
wangus12
AG
Elneny's red card was overturned.
chjoak
AG
Read this morning that Marcus Rashford is frustrated with his lack of PT at MU and is pushing for a move away. Odds makers in England have Arsenal as the favorite. He's a little raw but I would love to add a young, speedy HG with some potential up top.
wangus12
AG
I'd take him as a backup striker to Auba and Lacazette. Like you said, he has a ton of potential. However I feel like up front is not what we need. With the two mentioned + Welbz and the youngsters in Nketiah and Nelson, we should be ok. Only things I want this summer is CDM and CBs. And maybe some RB help
chjoak
AG
Agreed. But if the opportunity presents itself you have to take it. Also seeing that Martial wants out as well.

My wish list this window is a starting DM & CB. After that we need quality depth / youth at GK & RB and possibly W.
wangus12
AG
Truer words have never been spoken

Quote:

It's also a nice little reminder that while taking a 4-1 lead into a second-leg is a pretty healthy situation, it's not cut and dried and let's be honest about this, if Barcelona can cock it up in that way, we're very much a 'Hold my beer' team who could do just the same.
PJYoung
AG
Yep I really wanted that 5th goal.

Hopefully it doesn't matter at all.
wangus12
AG
There is a chance that Arsenal are coming the the USA this summer. Also spuds are in so there is the possibility of a NLD.

wangus12
AG
Xhaka is out sick. Ospina is still injured. Mkhi is most likely done for the year.

Really need an early goal today to get their crowd out of it and really can't afford to give one up early either. Both the Barca and Madrid games are a big warning sign to not sit comfortably. CSKA played on Monday so they're are a quick turnaround and their defense has quite a bit of age to it so if they push up for a goal, there should be tons of space behind for us to run into.
wangus12
AG
Not a lot of help going forward and 3 CBs on the bench. Really hope we don't try to bunker down. We need to punch them in the mouth.

wangus12
AG
Down 1-nil
OneBlitzer
AG
Ugh! Several opportunities in the box for Arsenal not connecting. Now things have gotten interesting.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Is anyone surprised, really?
wangus12
AG
We played down a man for basically the last 10 minutes with Rambo off injured and then Wilshire off as well. Defense has been the standard poor. Cech made a very good save, but it was an easy tap in. We need 1 goal to put this one away and it has been there. We've been very poor with our passing.
wangus12
AG
Now down 2. Absolutely have to score.
PJYoung
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

Is anyone surprised, really?

Not in the least
chjoak
AG
If we find a way to piss away a 4-1 aggregate lead Wenger needs to be fired before the plane touches down in London.
OneBlitzer
AG
Welbeck has played well recently. Nice give and go.
wangus12
AG
I think the last few games have destroyed my faith in Jack's future with the club.
wangus12
AG
Rambo scores a late equalizer to flatter the scoreline and keep our current unbeaten streak alive
PJYoung
TXAggie2011
AG
chjoak said:

If we find a way to piss away a 4-1 aggregate lead Wenger needs to be fired before the plane touches down in London.
Ye of no negative faith.
wangus12
AG
Not that it needs to be stated anymore, but Rambo is a ****ing legend and absolute badass. His injury today was a pretty sick gash on his lower leg. Docs stapled it up and he played the rest of the game and scores in extra time. ****ing legendary.

gougler08
AG
Holy crap
texagbeliever
Well it looks like we will have to earn our place in the finals. Hopefully wenger has learned his lesson and will have jack ride the bench.
wangus12
AG
We knew it was gonna come down to playing them, although I'd have much rather had it in the final.

Plus it allows Rob Holding to continue to destroy Diego Costa's career
PJYoung
AG
Atletico Madrid are the bookies' pick to walk away with the crown and are now odds on at 10/11 with Betfair.
Arsenal can be found at a slightly more generous 23/10.
Marseille are 26/5 to go all the way, while Salzburg are as far back as 5/1.
wangus12
AG
I do get the feeling that we will probably get destroyed by Man United away which is the match between the two legs. We're gonna straight up field the U-23 team at Old Trafford and Alexis will get a hat trick and people will use just the scoreline to judge the entire season upon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.