Arsenal 2017-2018 Thread

98,492 Views | 1739 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PJYoung
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think AW hopes to re-sign him but realizes that may not happen. The "he's not for sale" angle is to ward off any interest that isn't bringing big $$$$.
wangus12
AG
Down 1-nil due to a iffy penalty to Bayern. Had some good chances in the 1st

Arsenal have rolled out the youngsters in the 2nd half against a lot of Bayern's 1st team. We'll see how this goes
wangus12
AG
Maitland-Niles destroyed Ribery and won the ball. Kid is now a new hero
wangus12
AG
Iwobi levels it at the death off a header. Great break
BullSprig07
AG
Szczesny to Juve
wangus12
AG
Damo Martinez saves 2 in the penalty shoot-out and Arsenal win the points for the competition
chjoak
AG
Martinez has looked pretty good this preseason. He may finally be ready for a little more 1st team action.
chjoak
AG
City bought Kyle Walker for 50m and just bought Danilo from RM for 30m (including add ons). Presuming Walker is the starter... why would anyone spend 30m on a backup? Especially when you just spent 50m on your starter?
wangus12
AG
I'll be honest, I'm not overly pleased with letting Szcz go. I was hoping he'd come back and challenge Cech for the top spot. He had a very good year with Roma last year. Class act of him though

https://instagr.am/p/BWuxOvAFjGb
chjoak
AG
I kinda hoped he would stay as well. From what I heard a few months ago, this was more him wanting to leave vs AW wanting him gone.
wangus12
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BWtG-etB_qR
chjoak
AG
Read something earlier that intrigued me... claim was that Ancelotti was not happy with Muller's production in his 1st year at Munich. That is why he went after James. Rumor is that he may be considering an Alexis for Muller swap. Ancelotti has since denied the rumors but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Personally, I would jump all over this in a heartbeat if true.

Also alot of smoke RE interest in Alexis from PSG.
wangus12
AG
I'd take Muller in a heart beat as well.

And PSG is just blowing smoke up everyone's ass. If Neymar is worth 200+, Alexis is worth at least 150
chjoak
AG
Rumors of the day...

- number of clubs interested In Wilshire. Read links to Palace & Newcastle as well as clubs from Italy and Turkey.

- Lucas looks to be headed to Turkey. Spanish clubs backed off but Turkish clubs still pursuing.

- Alexis warming to the idea of Paris. Even saw one outlet that claims he has agreed to terms with PSH.

- not a rumor but saw an English outlet that was suggesting a Walcott for Barkley swap.

TXAggie2011
AG
wangus12 said:

https://instagr.am/p/BWtG-etB_qR
That is fantastic.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

- Alexis warming to the idea of Paris. Even saw one outlet that claims he has agreed to terms with PSH.
Looks like PSG is going all in on Neymar
chjoak
AG
Curious if that would open the door for Alexis to head back to Barca?
Gigem Trevas
wangus12 said:

Quote:

Looks like PSG is going all in on Neymar

They are going for both.
chjoak
AG
Also seeing some reports that Ozil has agreed an extension.
wangus12
AG
Team looks completely disinterested against Chelsea right now. And as such are down 3-nil
wangus12
AG
Rumor that Chelsea are going in on the Ox.
wangus12
AG
http://news.arseblog.com/2017/07/le-parisien-psg-to-give-up-alexis-chase/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Quote:

It is also suggested that the pursuit of Barcelona's Neymar is the main priority and that the club's financiers are worried about overstretching the club's budget.
You mean paying over 200m might stretch the budget a tad?
chjoak
AG
wangus12 said:

http://news.arseblog.com/2017/07/le-parisien-psg-to-give-up-alexis-chase/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Quote:

It is also suggested that the pursuit of Barcelona's Neymar is the main priority and that the club's financiers are worried about overstretching the club's budget.
You mean paying over 200m might stretch the budget a tad?
The FFP implications regarding limitations on Net spend and increase in salary are the bigger issue. Neymar would hit both pretty hard unless they can offload a number of fringe vets. There are rumors they are trying to offload Matuidi, Lucas, Di Maria, Jese, Aurier & Krychowiak to both free up wage budget and recover transfer fees.

If Bellerin or Ox bailed I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Aurier. Also wouldn't mind Matuidi or Krychowiak to add a quality vet DM/CM to the roster.
wangus12
AG
I was gonna say, if they need Aurier to go we need to be standing there with a transfer fee. I really like his game
chjoak
AG
I like him too but don't see us having the room unless one of Bellerin/Ox leaves. Possible that AW pushes Ox inside but I think that would be a huge mistake. He doesn't have the football IQ to be a CM/CAM. Could possibly see Gibbs moved, Kolasinac used more at LCB, Ox at LWB and then we would have room.
wangus12
AG
TXAggie2011
AG
I don't hate the new away kits.

But the yellow will always be my favorite.
TXAggie2011
AG
Aurier to Arsenal has been an interesting topic for years.

But then he missed last October's Champions League match with Arsenal in London because he had assaulted a police officer and I kind of moved on.

Then this spring he was suspended for making some stupid comments and I further figured we could find similar players elsewhere. I'm also not so sure I'd crowd out current players for this guy. His conduct is just questionable.
chjoak
AG
I really like the blue but would prefer it as a 3rd kit. Home should be red & white. Away should be yellow and navy/black. 3rd can be whatever they like.
TXAggie2011
AG
(Actually, what would be the visa status for Aurier---could he get a U.K. permanent visa?)
Gigem Trevas
Those jerseys are the best y'all have had in years.
chjoak
AG
Lots of rumors swirling today that Alexis's agent has advised him to finish out his contract and leave as a FA. However, he doesn't agree and looking to get out now.
wangus12
AG
He's definitely gone regardless of whether its this summer or next. Just don't see him resigning period. Keep his ass and go for the league.

Or tell PSG we want Draxler in return for Alexis
chjoak
AG
I want him gone. If he wants to leave that badly I don't want him hanging around and making others sour on us. One bad apple in the barrel ruins the barrel. Gotta get rid of the bad apple while we can. He can be replaced.

I'd be cool with a Draxler swap but with them supposedly getting Neymar, I bet they don't want Alexis anymore. Other WF that interest me (assuming Lemar is definitely out) is Felipe Anderson. Not sure if he would be open but I think he could be amazing in Alexis's place.
wangus12
AG
Squad for the 1st Emirates Cup match today against Benfica

Ospina, Holding, Mertesacker, Kolasinac, Nelson, Coquelin, Xhaka, Maitland-Niles, Iwobi, Walcott, Giroud

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.