Arsenal 2017-2018 Thread

98,507 Views | 1739 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PJYoung
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for the reminder, just flipped it on...

Playing on Thursday's in Europe is just a kick in the nuts, especially when it's in Belarus
wangus12
AG
Theo!

That JW-Giroud connection is something I've missed
wangus12
AG
2 for Walcott
wangus12
AG
Holding with a 3rd!
wangus12
AG
Damn Elneny didn't hardly jumped and BATE get one back
gougler08
AG
For being such a young squad, they look quite good today. Of course one of the tenured guys is the one who had concrete boots on and couldn't jump to head that away
wangus12
AG
Wilshire looks fantastic.

Willock just got rocked by a swinging arm.
gougler08
AG
That should have been a red, was definitely on purpose
gougler08
AG
Wow, that was a soft PK, I'll take it though
wangus12
AG
I feel so bad for Nelson. He is a freaking attacking player like Ozil or Sanchez and we force him to play back. Going to ruin an excellent young player
TXAggie2011
AG
An outrage I don't relate to as an American:

Sky wants to show the Liverpool match at 4pm local time on Christmas Eve.

Police have refused so far due to staffing concerns and Arsenal is polling its staff to see if enough could show up to staff the stadium. Meanwhile some fans are outraged they would be asked to attend a game on Christmas Eve.

Sky now wants to play it at noon Christmas Eve...

...us Americans may have to wake up early to watch some soccer before we settle into the Christmas Holiday and a full slate of NBA and NFL games.
Gigem Trevas
Ancelotti to Arsenal?
agdoc2001
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

Ancelotti to Arsenal?

If only...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gigem Trevas
wangus12
AG
Please God no.

Take hope in the fact that Usmanov has been a fairly staunch holder who has tried to buy Kroenke out before. I doubt he gives it up, but if he does the club will most likely fall even further
Gigem Trevas
Arsenal is turning into West Ham.
gougler08
AG
**** Kroenke
agdoc2001
AG
wangus12 said:

Please God no.

Take hope in the fact that Usmanov has been a fairly staunch holder who has tried to buy Kroenke out before. I doubt he gives it up, but if he does the club will most likely fall even further

Usmanov is likely looking to join his buddy at Everton where he can actually have a say in the direction of the club. I'd be shocked if he doesn't sell. We may be effed.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
Well in that case, its time to unite the fans of Arsenal, the Rams, Rapids, Avalanche, Nuggets and find about 100 people to storm his house and kill him. Surely with as big a club as Arsenal, we have fans with connections to some bad mofos in Africa and Asia that will handle the job
TXAggie2011
AG
wangus12 said:

Well in that case, its time to unite the fans of Arsenal, the Rams, Rapids, Avalanche, Nuggets and find about 100 people to storm his house and kill him. Surely with as big a club as Arsenal, we have fans with connections to some bad mofos in Africa and Asia that will handle the job
....or an Uzbek oligarch with connections to the Russian government...?
wangus12
AG
Ozil, Coquelin and Welbs are all out for the weekend.

Iwobi has a small chance to be available.

Koss has a test because he is carrying an achilles issue.

wangus12
AG
gougler08
AG
Good week, won all 3 as we were supposed
TXAggie2011
AG
The pure, giddy joy by Monreal after slotting the first goal in...
LondonOllie
Kronke might buy your other shareholders shares? Maybe he's going to invest in you like Man City?
TXAggie2011
AG
LondonOllie said:

Kronke might buy your other shareholders shares? Maybe he's going to invest in you like Man City?

You're hilarious.
gougler08
AG
LondonOllie said:

Your post didn't get any better after you edited it either
agdoc2001
AG
Usmanov came out today and said he would possibly sell his shares to a 3rd party, but not to Kroenke.
chjoak
AG
Usmanov is claiming that he may eventually sell his shares (30%) but that he will never sell to Kroenke.

And we posted that at the same damn time.
LondonOllie
Heh. I edited it because I didn't catch the post about this above mine. I'd come to tell you the good news but instead thought I'd ask an optimistic question.

WENGER OUT! (Think I'm meant to say that, right)
TXAggie2011
AG
I believe the best solution very well might be for Usmanov to sell his shares to not-Kroenke.

I think his voice and attitude is useful to have around, even though it is neutered, but the distraction and instability it has brought outweighs the benefit.

Of course, I do believe there has been positive financial movement at the club and we have liberalized our spending habits---to an extent. So, in that financial sense, we could do worse than the status quo. We could do better.

It is very good that Kroenke will not have full control.
wangus12
AG
Iwobi scored Nigeria's only goal today to send them through to Russia
wangus12
AG
Mustafi most likely has a bad muscle tear and is probably out at least until 2018
chjoak
AG
So... rumor floating around this morning that we have come to an agreement with Marc Overmars to join our staff next summer. No indication RE the job title but you would have to assume it would be related to transfers and contract negotiations considering that is what he does for Ajax.
wangus12
AG
Mustafi 4-6 weeks according to Wenger

Koss most likely not available, but will have a test

Kolasinac has a hip issue and is a small chance to not be available

Welbz and Ozil are both back in training

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.