Arsenal 2017-2018 Thread

98,505 Views | 1739 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PJYoung
OneBlitzer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UGH!!! What a disaster! Too bad Wenger didn't walk away after winning the FA Cup. New leadership is badly needed.
chjoak
AG
AW needs to go but it really won't make a huge difference until Kroenke is also gone. We don't have to be a huge spending club but it doesn't take much to be competitive if you are smart. Hell i'd even be happy with an owner looking to make money by rebranding us as a Dortmund/Monaco type "stepping stone" club. Those clubs are still competitive and win league titles with the right manager.
Gigem Trevas
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/stan-kroenke-i-didnt-buy-arsenal-stake-to-win-trophies-a3202046.html
wangus12
AG
Yea that quotes been out there for awhile. **** him
wangus12
AG
Also saw something this morning that Man City may pursue legal action saying that the Sanchez deal had been signed and Arsenal reneged when they couldn't get Lemar. Basically we breached contract. We should have just let him go. We aren't competitive now. Let the youth play in those spots. Nelson and Iwobi both need to develop anyways.
chjoak
AG
Per Ornstein, the reason our "150m war chest" disappeared so quickly was due to salaries for both Kolo and Laca combined with Laca's transfer fee. That doesn't explain all of it or the fact that we had a net prophet this window but supposedly the board opted to save the rest for Jan or next summer.
Gigem Trevas
chjoak said:

Per Ornstein, the reason our "150m war chest" disappeared so quickly was due to salaries for both Kolo and Laca combined with Laca's transfer fee. That doesn't explain all of it or the fact that we had a net prophet this window but supposedly the board opted to save the rest for Jan or next summer.

I was reading the issue was a glut of Arsenal players on way too high wages IE Walcott, formerly Ox, Ramsey, and Wilshire.
chjoak
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

chjoak said:

I was reading the issue was a glut of Arsenal players on way too high wages IE Walcott, formerly Ox, Ramsey, and Wilshire.
There is apparently an EPL sanctioned FFP rule about the amount each team is allowed to increase their wages each year (i've read the number is 7-8m). The claim was that Kolo and Laca put us at the limit. I have a hard time believing that though. Per the EPL website, we also had 20 players sold, loaned or cut. I don't know the salaries of all of those players but are we to believe that the combined salaries of Kolo & Laca are greater than 7-8m of the combined salaries of Perez, Ox, Gibbs, Gabby & Woj? How about the combined salaries of Salah, Solanke, Robertson & Ox compared to Sahko & Leiva. Or Lindolf, Lukaku & Matic vs Rooney.
gougler08
AG
It's amazing how much better Ozil looks for the Germans...always finding the ball and playing dangerous passes forward. How have we not been able to use him properly for the past year?
Gigem Trevas
gougler08 said:

It's amazing how much better Ozil looks for the Germans...always finding the ball and playing dangerous passes forward. How have we not been able to use him properly for the past year?

Arsene
byfLuger41
AG
gougler08 said:

I think most of the Germans play better for DFB than their respective clubs. #TheSystem
AGC
AG
Smith&Co1970 said:

gougler08 said:

I think most of the Germans play better for DFB than their respective clubs. #TheSystem

How did you feel about his performances for RM under mourinho? I recall him playing well there. Maybe it's just coaching.
chjoak
AG
gougler08 said:

I think it is a combo of coaching, system & teammates.

Coaching - very few of our players plays with proper spacing or makes runs that help one another. Thats a lack of coaching or proper tactics.

Scheme- He needs to be more central. If we want to play a 3 man back we should be in a 3-4-1-2 with 2 deeper CMs (Xhaka and a DM or defensive B2B). With that formation he has more freedom to move around and he has 2 guys making runs behind the opposing D.

Teammates - With Alexis he is competing for touches because Alexis is not content to make runs. He wants the ball at his feet at all times.
wangus12
AG
Das machine
wangus12
AG
Christ between Aggie Football and Wenger, my mental health is ****ing screwed
agdoc2001
AG
wangus12 said:

Christ between Aggie Football and Wenger, my mental health is ****ing screwed

Take a break. I quit watching Aggie football a year ago and my weekends are better for it. I can only handle one dumpster fire at a time.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Idk3
AG
Arsenal begin work on contract renewals early to avoid repeat summer http://dailym.ai/2gzV6rS
wangus12
AG
Well crap. There goes our chances to start absolutely **** at the beginning of the season and panic buy players for way more than they are worth
agdoc2001
AG
Chief negotiator Dick Law leaving the club. He orchestrated such hits as Luis Suarez for 49 million and 1 pound, and who could forget: negotiating a deal for Joel Campbell with a guy who wasn't actually Joel Campbell's agent. Happy trails, Dick!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
Also forgot to post Reiss Nelson's latest amazing goal. Go ahead and call him up.

chjoak
AG
Kid better get some game time this season. Would love to see he and Iwobi partner up against some lesser teams.
jeffk
AG
Wrong thread. Taking L's by the dozen today.
wangus12
AG
I imagine he'll be on the bench for the Euro games and will definitely start in the league cup. Wenger is always slow bringing players up. He is absolutely tearing the PL2 apart
wangus12
AG
Welbz!

Only scores ugly goals
wangus12
AG
Laca! Man he can finish!
wangus12
AG
Bournemouth get away with a handball off a Kolasitank volley. Didn't know much about it but it was goal bound
wangus12
AG
A beautiful finish by Welbz! 3-nil
gougler08
AG
This is a nice confidence builder if nothing else
wangus12
AG
Welbz almost scores an incredible curling chip for his hat trick
wangus12
AG
Seriously! Let the Coq score
wangus12
AG
Alexis coming on
wangus12
AG
No contact injury to Coquelin. Knee or Hamstring. He walked off the pitch immediately. Done for awhile it seems.

Finishing with 10 men
Maximus_Meridius
AG
And the injuries begin...
wangus12
AG
Oh lord. Here is the Coquelin injury.

TXAggie2011

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.