Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Petition to Bring Back TAMU v. t.u. Game

49,780 Views | 439 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rootube
ArbAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Your Friend said:

LightningDammitt said:

Your Friend said:

C Loves L said:

Is this not a penalty according to the rule?
Quote:

Both players were making a play on the ball. One player could see it was out-of-bounds. The other thought it was a playable ball. Both players have the right to pursue the ball. Both players are allowed incidental contact while pursuing the ball.

Isn't it helmet to helmet? The aTm player CLEARLY led with the crown of his helmet.

That's helmet to helmet? Please...
If that's the standard, then let's just put them all in cute dresses and have them snuggle with each other.
Skull Session
I am having too good of a time going to sec venues to watch the ags play to even think about of renewing a game with those asshats in austin. What a waste of a good fall football weekend.
94chem
Just let the first string wear burnt orange in the spring game. We can probably convince most of the old ags that it's really t.u. Once every 10 years give the orange jerseys to the back-ups. It'll be just like the 1960's. They'll love it.
Wooahhhh
AG
the only way it should be scheduled is if both teams match up in a post-season bowl game. Perfect place for it.

Never ever schedule those idiots on a regular season basis. Let DeLoss and their fanbase rot in the BDF. ROT.
ArbAg
AG
94chem said:

Just let the first string wear burnt orange in the spring game. We can probably convince most of the old ags that it's really t.u. Once every 10 years give the orange jerseys to the back-ups. It'll be just like the 1960's. They'll love it.
No thanks, never want to see any burnt orange on our campus ever again --- why should we pollute a beautiful campus with orange effluence like that?
12mn95
AG
All this complaining but everyone will go once they put the game back on.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Never again
TrueMaroon
AG
I am an Ol Ag.. and I miss the Thanksgiving Day game. BUT we have nothing to gain by playing the sips.

Besides things have changed and it will NEVER if the same as it used to be. I never want to see the sips as a non conference game. and when the Big 12 finishes its fail and they try to get into the SEC I hope WE are the ones that block them.
fullback44
AG

Maybe we should schedule one game in Austin and then not show up to play the game...

Roast them a little more and send them a dump truck full of cow **** as a consolidation for not showing up!
whoop91
AG
How about we play them again when Deloss and the current AD apologize for being arrogant asshats that is quoted in all major publications.

I wont ever have to think about playing those arrogant asshat sons of *****es again and can look forward to each season being full of good SEC conference games. And then schedule much more attractive marquee game in the occ schedule.
Seriously77

Good bye to texas university
so long to the Orange and White

Theirs:

Texas Fight,Texas Fight
and its good bye to A&M

Both set of lyrics were meant to be only words.

I miss the game and find the season incomplete:

MidTnAg
AG
I filed out the request with a strong NO.

In Comments, I wrote - "I do not ever want anything to do with those a$$****s."
MidTnAg
AG
TrueMaroon said:

I am an Ol Ag.. and I miss the Thanksgiving Day game. BUT we have nothing to gain by playing the sips.

Besides things have changed and it will NEVER if the same as it used to be. I never want to see the sips as a non conference game. and when the Big 12 finishes its fail and they try to get into the SEC I hope WE are the ones that block them.
sips will NEVER get into the SEC. Way too much baggage.

There will NEVER be another SEC team from any state that currently has an SEC team. NEVER!
Main reason, it makes no sense monetarily.

MONEY TALKS!
texasaggie84
AG
No...HELL NO. we don't need them. Whoever comes up with the imbecilic ideas should be committed to the nut house.
LatinAggie1997
AG
It''s not that the idea is bad,... it's that its so bad, it makes me want to put my finger through my eye, into my brain, and swirl it around!
aggiepaintrain
AG
the game is coming back deal with it
pinche gringo
AG
Terrible idea, and a terrible thread bump
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
aggiepaintrain said:

the game is coming back deal with it
Ahhh,....no it's not.

Deal with it..
BVAg85
AG
I don't think we'll miss the game if/when we start competing for the SEC west crown. If that ever starts happening, the schadenfreude will be satisfying enough.
Eagle78
Only if the game is reffed by someone other than Big 12 refs. Those guys do everything they can to help t.u. Seen it over and over and over again. No way would I want us to ever play them again so long as the officials come from the Bevo conference. Ever!
cevans_40
AG
Good lord, not this **** again.
hsjnlssmith89
AG
When I graduated in the early '90s A&M was consistently putting the hurt on t.u. and it felt GOOD! The mid '80s to mid '90s was the best 10 years of Aggie football in my life! I had hoped that the sip fans would have developed some humility during that time period but sure as s**t, 10 years later, they forgot about that bad run and once again showed their f***ing arrogance and total sense of entitlement!

When we finally made the leap to the SEC and got away from t.u. it felt GOOD again and the days of being a pawn for the sips in their conference are just a tiny blip in the mirror. I never had conference pride in the Big 12 or in the SWC, but the SEC is different and I am thankful for A&M to be part of this conference.

Would be content the rest of my life if we never played 'em again cause I know the t.u. mindset will NEVER change! Fk 'em!!!!
Philip J Fry
AG
schwack schwack said:

Furk no.

Likely the highest starred response he'll ever have.
aeon-ag
HELL NO, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
I found this little jewel deep in the files of the Houston Chronicle. It was written by Richard Farmer, for former sportswriter, who is now out of sports writing probably because of this article. It is dated September, 2011.

Here it is:

Once upon a time, Texas dominated Texas A&M on the football field. Those days are long past, and one of the benefits of the Aggies switching conferences is that the Longhorns have an excuse to drop A&M from the schedule. Believe me, if Baylor or Texas Tech switched conferences, the Longhorns would be more than happy to play them every year.
I'm not saying the Longhorns are afraid to play Texas A&M. That's one possible explanation, but more likely it goes deeper than that. Texas was unable to impose its will on Texas A&M, so Texas A&M is now dead to Texas. I remember a time when my daughters treated one another the same way. They were 9 and 4 at the time and eventually grew out of that kind of stuff. Hang in there, DeLoss. You'll grow up someday.
The Longhorns and Aggies will play for the 118th time this season, but it appears that's where the series will end, at least for now. Texas is noncommittal about continuing the series, but indications are that since the Aggies decided not to follow orders, they're going to be dropped.
That'll be sad, and maybe someday the series will resume. The Aggies have made it clear they'd love to keep the rivalry going even after they enter America's toughest. football conference. Maybe Texas thinks it'll be gassed after the big one against Iowa State.

I hope it's not pure pettiness. OK, so Texas A&M didn't want to go to the Pac 10. Big deal. Get over it, Texas. OK, so Texas A&M felt misled about the little television network. Offer an apology, Longhorns. You don't think me and Berman have had some disagreements through the years? Yes, we have. At the end of the day, though, The General always makes us have a long, slightly uncomfortable hug and remind each other that we really do need one another.
It looks worse because the Longhorns would be refusing to play the Aggies at a time when the Aggies are winning on the field. Texas leads the all-time series 75-37-5, but A&M has won three of the last five. In the last 27 years, A&M has a 15-12 lead, and in the last 36 years, A&M has a 19-17 advantage.
But Texas was a much better team during the Nixon-Ford yearsthat's Otis Nixon and Chris Fordand nothing the Aggies do now can take away a long, long period of Longhorn dominance.
I know this is a sensitive topic among alums of the two schools. The Aggies say Texas is scared plain and simple. The Longhorns say we don't have to play you because we're Texas, and you're not.
I hope Aggies stop the taunting. It's unseemly and does nothing to keep the series going. This is a tough time for the Longhorns. The Longhorn Network has made them the subject of ridicule around the country. The football team isn't very good. The basketball teammen's and women'schoked like dogs last season. And I'm not going to bring up the Texas baseball coach whose name shall never be mentioned in this blog.
Texas won't be hurt in any significant way without an annual game with Texas A&M. It might even be able to hold the Big 12 together. Baylor, Texas Tech, etc., remain happy to jump when they're told to jump. Like they say in Austin, "Hook 'em Horns and beat Air Force!"
On the other hand, what if the next Longhorns-Aggies game is for the national championship?
StickTogetherAgs
Never again.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

Quote:

schwack schwack said:
Furk no.

Likely the highest starred response he'll ever have.

Yep. Page 1 - 287.
RhodeAg
AG
Would love to see the Texas /Texas A&M rivalry resume on the football field. Four years of working on the Aggie Bonfire as a prelude to the game vs. the hated Longhorns was a beautiful thing. I miss it.

We have no rivals in the SEC. As Christian Kirk said this season...we have a list of games to play on the schedule but no actual rival.

A real rivalry (not the faux kind some Aggies say we have with LSU...or Alabama...or whatever) brings passion, hate and emotion. We don't have that anymore. I miss it.
SlackerAg
AG
Nope. Folks still haven't got the memo of t.u.'s history of ref collusion to alter outcomes of games.
StickTogetherAgs
SlackerAg said:

Nope. Folks still haven't got the memo of t.u.'s history of ref collusion to alter outcomes of games.

This.
bbb78
AG
Become a solid SEC team first. Quit looking back.
lakeside aggie
AG
Never play tu again!
standfast
Less likely to lose recruits to them had we been btho them these past 5 years.
Jim65
AG
Once more with feeling HELL NO

Has new army learned nothing about 'sips?
S.A. Aggie
AG
Spricetex said:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdqAbfTHyH0VP1Pj4JWRrloqrHTyzJQ6ieYbjkp0tw9frBTZw/viewform

Both student government organizations have come together to show that the Students, Former Students, and fans of CFB want this game back. It might not do anything but it is worth the shot. Plus, for students from both schools to come together to try this shows a lot.

Not this Former Student!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.