Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Petition to Bring Back TAMU v. t.u. Game

49,628 Views | 439 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rootube
Spricetex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdqAbfTHyH0VP1Pj4JWRrloqrHTyzJQ6ieYbjkp0tw9frBTZw/viewform

Both student government organizations have come together to show that the Students, Former Students, and fans of CFB want this game back. It might not do anything but it is worth the shot. Plus, for students from both schools to come together to try this shows a lot.
CoolAggie
AG
This will not end well.
schwack schwack
AG
Furk no.
jackrabbit
AG
I'm all for it...if we are talking about basketball or baseball or soccer or...anything but football.
peace
S
not in my lifetime, I hope~!
GoodOldAgs
Too bad we can't have a petition for something that's actually relevant like accountability in the Athletic Department. Or better return on investment on the field. Priorities. But it's not like the Fat Cats in the Admin would do anything anyways.

Uh oh Ironmanag is gonna get me!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
GoodOldAgs said:

Too bad we can't have a petition for something that's actually relevant like accountability in the Athletic Department. Or better return on investment on the field. Priorities.

Who isn't being held accountable? Why do you keep investing if you aren't getting the return you want? You are probably much better off investing in automation than a football team if you are looking for a good return.

Signed the petition in favor.
turboboost
AG
turboboost
AG
Roll the dice on that $hi+ if you want and you'll regret it!
Bucketrunner
Never
GoodOldAgs
Champ Bailey said:

GoodOldAgs said:

Too bad we can't have a petition for something that's actually relevant like accountability in the Athletic Department. Or better return on investment on the field. Priorities.

Who isn't being held accountable? Why do you keep investing if you aren't getting the return you want? You are probably much better off investing in automation than a football team if you are looking for a good return.
This guy, the guy who signed off on his six-year, $30,000,000 guaranteed contract, and those that have tolerated the embarassing losses the past 3 years without holding him accountable for it. I haven't donated since the 2015 season. Debatable.
redd38
AG
Nah
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
GoodOldAgs said:

Champ Bailey said:

GoodOldAgs said:

This guy. I haven't donated since the 2015 season. Debatable.
Sumlin will likely be fired this year if he doesn't win big. All of his ****ty coaches were fired and replaced with better ones. So it sounds like there has been good accountability there. And it sounds like you are holding the athletic department accountable. I'm not sure what your issue is here.
FishingAggie

I loved the game. Parents both tu grads. It was fun to watch and fight over. I miss high-fiving my brother in secret when we won and making fun of my parents behind their back

. Don't miss my dad calling us "poor aggies" when we lost

I guess overall I'd rather not play them. They're losing enough now to keep me happy and we don't really have anything to brag about. Jmo.
vander54
S
A bunch of people sound like whinny little *****es. I'm all for the rivalry. It's pathetic what tu did but the game needs to return. It's one of the best rivalries in the nation and it will take many years for us to get anything close to that in the SEC if it can even.be done.
Yell Practice
No advantage for us right now. IMO.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Get that crap outta here!

This ship has sailed.
rocky the dog
AG
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSVWXYZ.

No TU.
StickTogetherAgs

dixichkn
AG
Rod Tidwell
AG
You can vote no on this petition just so people know
GoodOldAgs
Champ Bailey said:

GoodOldAgs said:

Champ Bailey said:

GoodOldAgs said:

Sumlin will likely be fired this year if he doesn't win big. All of his ****ty coaches were fired and replaced with better ones. So it sounds like there has been good accountability there. And it sounds like you are holding the athletic department accountable. I'm not sure what your issue is here.
Well I don't think this is what many had in mind post 2012 when Sumlin got a huge guaranteed contract with a ridiculous buyout after one season. Or post 2013 when stadium & facility renovations started. Certainly not me. I thought we would be competing for championships every year, it was JFF *****es and all aboard the A&M hype train, and the state was ours. And it was. Our recruiting competition was suffering. We had our pick of the litter in Texas, an oppurtunity we had not been blessed with ever in our history.The Giant had awoken and we were primed for a run at a SECC and a natty some time in the next 2-3 years, after we had developed the elite 4 and 5* talent we signed.Then what in the hell happened? Point being we didn't have to drop 450 mills to get 8-5 every year. That kind of big boy money warrants big boy results, as in at least some occasional 10+ win seasons, have a year where we make a run at the SEC and National Title and /or at least consistent top 10-5 recruiting classes for the next guy, because the Admin wants the best and nothing less after everything we have invested. We were supposed to be where Clemson is now. We lost to Kansas State in the Texas Bowl. Maybe I have unreasonable expectations to some, but come on Champ, you and me both know what's happened isn't right. Fightin' Texas Ags deserve better, we are way too awesome for this. *****me for thinking that way though, right?
agz win
AG
Is there a **** NO option to check on the petition?

AgOutsideAustin
AG
Ask me again in 20 years but I won't be able to hear you anyway. Eff them.
vander54
S
GoodOldAgs said:

Champ Bailey said:

GoodOldAgs said:

Champ Bailey said:

GoodOldAgs said:

Well I don't think this is what many had in mind post 2012 when Sumlin got a huge guaranteed contract with a ridiculous buyout after one season. Or post 2013 when stadium & facility renovations started. Certainly not me. I thought we would be competing for championships every year, it was JFF *****es and all aboard the A&M hype train, and the state was ours. And it was. Our recruiting competition was suffering. We had our pick of the litter in Texas, an oppurtunity we had not been blessed with ever in our history.The Giant had awoken and we were primed for a run at a SECC and a natty some time in the next 2-3 years, after we had developed the elite 4 and 5* talent we signed.Then what in the hell happened? Point being we didn't have to drop 450 mills to get 8-5 every year. That kind of big boy money warrants big boy results, as in at least some occasional 10+ win seasons, have a year where we make a run at the SEC and National Title and /or at least consistent top 10-5 recruiting classes for the next guy, because the Admin wants the best and nothing less after everything we have invested. We were supposed to be where Clemson is now. We lost to Kansas State in the Texas Bowl. Maybe I have unreasonable expectations to some, but come on Champ, you and me both know what's happened isn't right. Fightin' Texas Ags deserve better, we are way too awesome for this.

You actually thought we would be competing year in and year out for a SEC championship? That explains a lot. 2012 was the worst thing to happen to us because it gave everyone false hope. We have proven most experts wrong in the facr they expected us to be bottom dwellers for a few years before a slow climb to the middle of the pack.
Snake
AG
Nope
cdowl38
AG
This thread is worse than the johnny threads
cdowl38
AG
BSCE84ag
AG
We do not need to listen to them anymore. Focus on winning the SEC games.
cdowl38
AG
BSCE84ag said:

JTMW
AG
Lubbock and longhorns in the rear view mirror is a very good thing. Thanks Mac (Davis)!
Jaime the Migrant Worker '63. Re: Authentic Texas Cuisine. Ya think there was kosher salt on the Chisolm Trail?
panhandlefarmer
AG
If it was a fair fight and we had as much to gain from the game as they do, then sure. But, it isn't either of those things, so no.
Al Bula
AG
Flagged for trolling and general dumbassery
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Spricetex said:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdqAbfTHyH0VP1Pj4JWRrloqrHTyzJQ6ieYbjkp0tw9frBTZw/viewform

Both student government organizations have come together to show that the Students, Former Students, and fans of CFB want this game back. It might not do anything but it is worth the shot. Plus, for students from both schools to come together to try this shows a lot.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
BSCE84ag said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.