Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Petition to Bring Back TAMU v. t.u. Game

49,823 Views | 439 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rootube
Talon2DSO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hate these college kids. We don't want the game.
Reno Hightower
Not Aggie related but, OU/NU should return before our game with sip.
oldvalleyrat
AG
NO
Random Sample
AG
HELL NO!

Texas has more to gain by playing us than we have to gain playing them!
Jim Benson 63
AG
We have absolutely NOTHING to gain by playing tu in football.

We beat them, so what. We lose and we will never hear the end of it.

I voted this morning with about 10 no's.

You notice that they were not clamoring to play us in 2012? They could have had the Cotton Bowl but declined.
McInnis80
Look at their home schedule for this year and then tell me why they want to play us? They can't sell tickets to see that home schedule.
Charlie 31
AG
McInnis80 said:

Look at their home schedule for this year and then tell me why they want to play us? They can't sell tickets to see that home schedule.
THIS!!! Maryland, San Jose State, K-State, Okie State, Kansas, and Texas Tech for home games this year is not going to pay the bills at Bellmont Hall over on the 40 Acres.

Texas Longhorns 2017 Football Schedule

PatAg
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

I used to be in the camp that thought we should work harder at renewing the series, but I have seen the light. All I had to do was be around some insufferable t-sips for an evening and I was cured.

Texas A&M University did everything possible to try and keep the series on Thanksgiving when we moved to the SEC. Dr. Loftin even publicly said, "Anytime, anywhere." The SEC gave us an open date during the week of Thanksgiving, as they do with Florida, UGA, USC, and Kentucky. However, Delos Dodds lectured us in the media and lectured our leadership about how "tu will never play A&M again if we left for the SEC without their 'permission'" and how " A&M lost their 'privilege' of playing tu because they left the XII."

I just don't know what more TAMU and the SEC could have done to accommodate the continuation of the series. At some point you just have to go forward.

tu is never going to be a good scheduling partner. They will never commit to an equal, 50/50 home and home series with us. It is time to recognize that they have no interest in partnering with us as equals, because they don't see us as equals. So screw 'em!

We have done so much better with scheduling, and the SEC helps us tremendously with OOC games. We have fantastic home and home games coming up, and the league has done great with our basketball OOC scheduling. We could potentially play them in one series home and home in September down the road, but even that shouldn't happen for at least another ten years.

Bonfire isn't coming back and neither is the tu game.

First 'NO' post I have seen with actual logic presented in the post.
aggiejim70
AG
We're only into year 6 of a hundred year decision. Let's see how the next 94 play out and then maybe give it some thought.

Somebody refresh my memory. Seems like I read this on the board not long ago. Wasn't bringing back the game a campaign pledge of the person recently elected president (or whatever the title is) of the t.u. student body?
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
SpringAg92
ArbAg said:

I'd much rather sign a petition to NEVER play t.u. again.
Delighted that they are now in our rear view mirror, they should continue to shrink as we travel down our own path.
You may vote "NO" on the link provided. I DID
Talon2DSO
AG
WC92 said:

ArbAg said:

I'd much rather sign a petition to NEVER play t.u. again.
Delighted that they are now in our rear view mirror, they should continue to shrink as we travel down our own path.
You may "NO" on the link provided. I DID

Thanks for the heads up. I voted no.
Jaydoug
AG
cc10106
**** off. It's not gonna happen, atleast not annually. Save the next one for a bowl matchup.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Nope
heddy Lamarr
AG
I'd rather play Prairie View, they have a better band
ArbAg
AG
heddy Lamarr said:

I'd rather play Prairie View, they have a better band
Indeed, the PVA&M band is more entertaining and far less ghey than sip.
ArbAg
AG
Charlie 31 said:

McInnis80 said:

THIS!!! Maryland, San Jose State, K-State, Okie State, Kansas, and Texas Tech for home games this year is not going to pay the bills at Bellmont Hall over on the 40 Acres.

Yep, sip can't sell tickets and their lhn will soon be another casualty of draining the ESPN swamp.

It appears that "the Jones" have become the Sanfords...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I will make a deal... we can play the Longhorns again, after the Big12 is dissolved and the either go independent or are absorbed by another non-SEC conference.

Until then, F'em.

If we play them while they are still part of a viable Big 12, we are just enabling their behavior as a conference bully who always gets its way.
Talon2DSO
AG
ArbAg said:

Charlie 31 said:

McInnis80 said:

Yep, sip can't sell tickets and their lhn will soon be another casualty of draining the ESPN swamp.

It appears that "the Jones" have become the Sanfords...

Clay Travis needs to write an article about the economic bloodbath at ESPN with the LHN prominently featured with this title "The Jones' have become the Sandfords"

Spyderman
AG
Youngsters are very naive...
Leander - Ag
AG
no
Snap E Tom
Duckhook said:

I am curious if this is an Old Army vs. New Army issue. I guess I'm in the Old Army demographic. Most of my older Ag friends want to play the game. Most of my younger Ag acquaintances do not. What do the rest of you think?
No, it's a "living in reality, optimal strategy, acting in rational-self interest" issue. If you don't want the game, you want to do what's best for A&M. If you do want the game, you don't want what's best for A&M.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Snap E Tom said:

Duckhook said:

I am curious if this is an Old Army vs. New Army issue. I guess I'm in the Old Army demographic. Most of my older Ag friends want to play the game. Most of my younger Ag acquaintances do not. What do the rest of you think?
No, it's a "living in reality, optimal strategy, acting in rational-self interest" issue. If you don't want the game, you want to do what's best for A&M. If you do want the game, you don't want what's best for A&M.

Wrong.
greg.w.h
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

I will make a deal... we can play the Longhorns again, after the Big12 is dissolved and the either go independent or are absorbed by another non-SEC conference.

Until then, F'em.

If we play them while they are still part of a viable Big 12, we are just enabling their behavior as a conference bully who always gets its way.

All of this except the part where caring about which conference they're in is a thing. The LHN uses the brands of their conference mates to enrich Texas and to enlarge the competitive disadvantages. Which is why even innthe face of a potential network failure like the Pac-12 Network telling Texas to pound sand on the LHN was the right choice.
whoop91
AG
Snap E Tom said:

Duckhook said:

correct.
THEamc
AG
BoozerRed78
AG
fug dem mubba fubbas
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
jackrabbit said:

I'm all for it...if we are talking about basketball or baseball or soccer or...anything but football.

I don't get the logic in this
SECTAMU#1
Bring back the rivalry, Florida plays Florida State, Georgia plays Georgia Tech, South Carolina plays Clemson. If we are good, we will win SEC games and beat tu.
MooreTrucker
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Snap E Tom said:

Duckhook said:

Wrong.
OK, so how will playing the game benefit A&M?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Champ Bailey said:

Snap E Tom said:

Duckhook said:

Wrong.
It's fun for Aggies to watch.
MooreTrucker
AG
Champ Bailey said:

MooreTrucker said:

Champ Bailey said:

Snap E Tom said:

Duckhook said:

Wrong.
And that's supposed to counter EVERY argument against having the game???
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Champ Bailey said:

MooreTrucker said:

Champ Bailey said:

Snap E Tom said:

Duckhook said:

Wrong.
Yes. It's a game. That wasn't what you originally asked though.
LightningDammitt
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Champ Bailey said:

MooreTrucker said:

Champ Bailey said:

Snap E Tom said:

Duckhook said:

Wrong.
Yes... and that in itself is a problem. Some do not care at all about negative consequences. Consequences that occur even if we win.

It is a selfless effort on our part to help them, regardless of what negative consequences we suffer. Don't you want to be selfless and noble? Regardless if they abuse the act?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
LightningDammitt said:

MooreTrucker said:

Champ Bailey said:

MooreTrucker said:

Champ Bailey said:

Snap E Tom said:

Duckhook said:

Wrong.
Yes... and that in itself is a problem. Some do not care at all about negative consequences. Consequences that occur even if we win.

It is a selfless effort on our part to help them, regardless of what negative consequences we suffer. Don't you want to be selfless and noble? Regardless if they abuse the act?
How would you be helping people that enjoy watching good football?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.